* Beta 2010.03.30: mkiv and \dots
@ 2010-03-30 14:48 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2010-03-30 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Thanks for fixing so quickly the issue with the release 2010.03.29.
Now with the latest release, that is
ConTeXt  ver: 2010.03.30 12:47 MKIV  fmt: 2010.3.30  int: english/english
there is an issue with \dots: mkiv considers that this should be in mathmode, while until yesterday it didn't complain at all.
Minimal example:

%%%%%%%
\starttext

Hello Hans\dots

\stoptext
%%%%%%%

ConTeXt complains and stops by saying:

! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set.
\dots ...else $\mathsurround \zeropoint \ldots \,$
                                                  \fi

The same example works fine with mkii.

Thanks again for your attention: OK

* Re: Beta 2010.03.30: mkiv and \dots
@ 2010-03-30 15:38 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-03-30 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-3-2010 16:48, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks for fixing so quickly the issue with the release 2010.03.29.
> Now with the latest release, that is
> ConTeXt  ver: 2010.03.30 12:47 MKIV  fmt: 2010.3.30  int: english/english
> there is an issue with \dots: mkiv considers that this should be in mathmode, while until yesterday it didn't complain at all.
> Minimal example:
>
> %%%%%%%
> \starttext
>
> Hello Hans\dots
>
> \stoptext
> %%%%%%%
>
> ConTeXt complains and stops by saying:
>
> ! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set.
> \dots ...else $\mathsurround \zeropoint \ldots \,$

did you run luatools --generate before making a format?

i moved some math font related issues to other files so that can be a
reason

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-03-30 15:41 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-03-30 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.03.10 16:48, schrieb Otared Kavian:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks for fixing so quickly the issue with the release 2010.03.29.
> Now with the latest release, that is
> ConTeXt  ver: 2010.03.30 12:47 MKIV  fmt: 2010.3.30  int: english/english
> there is an issue with \dots: mkiv considers that this should be in mathmode, while until yesterday it didn't complain at all.
> Minimal example:
>
> Hello Hans\dots

\starttext
Hello Otared \unknown\ hello Otared …
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Beta 2010.03.30: mkiv and \dots
@ 2010-03-30 16:06   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-03-30 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 30, 2010, at 5:38 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> did you run luatools --generate before making a format?
>
> i moved some math font related issues to other files so that can be a reason

Well, something is fishy in the math font department with the latest beta. With one of my own typescripts, I get dozens of lines

!define font    : font with name LMMath9-Regular is not found
!define font    : unknown font LMMath9-Regular, loading aborted
!define font    : unable to define LMMath9-Regular as \*modern9ptmmmr33*
!define font    : font with name LMMath10-Regular is not found
!define font    : unknown font LMMath10-Regular, loading aborted
!define font    : unable to define LMMath10-Regular as \*modern12.6ptmmmr22*
!define font    : font with name LMMath10-Regular is not found
!define font    : unknown font LMMath10-Regular, loading aborted
!define font    : unable to define LMMath10-Regular as \*modern18ptmmmr11*
)

and

!define font    : unable to define LMMath10-Regular as \*MyUtopia14ptmmmr11*

(though I don't use any math in that document). If you want, I can try and find a minimal example.

Thomas

* Re: Beta 2010.03.30: mkiv and \dots
@ 2010-03-30 16:22     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-03-30 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-3-2010 18:06, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2010, at 5:38 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> did you run luatools --generate before making a format?
>>
>> i moved some math font related issues to other files so that can be a reason
>
> Well, something is fishy in the math font department with the latest beta. With one of my own typescripts, I get dozens of lines
>
> !define font    : font with name LMMath9-Regular is not found
> !define font    : unknown font LMMath9-Regular, loading aborted
> !define font    : unable to define LMMath9-Regular as \*modern9ptmmmr33*
> !define font    : font with name LMMath10-Regular is not found
> !define font    : unknown font LMMath10-Regular, loading aborted
> !define font    : unable to define LMMath10-Regular as \*modern12.6ptmmmr22*
> !define font    : font with name LMMath10-Regular is not found
> !define font    : unknown font LMMath10-Regular, loading aborted
> !define font    : unable to define LMMath10-Regular as \*modern18ptmmmr11*
> )
>
> and
>
> !define font    : unable to define LMMath10-Regular as \*MyUtopia14ptmmmr11*
>
> (though I don't use any math in that document). If you want, I can try and find a minimal example.

i see, some files are missing in the zip (and as i have them in my dev
path it goes unnoticed when i do a run)

i'll make a newer beta

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-03-30 17:06   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2010-03-30 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 mars 2010, at 17:41, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 30.03.10 16:48, schrieb Otared Kavian:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> Thanks for fixing so quickly the issue with the release 2010.03.29.
>> Now with the latest release, that is
>> ConTeXt  ver: 2010.03.30 12:47 MKIV  fmt: 2010.3.30  int: english/english
>> there is an issue with \dots: mkiv considers that this should be in mathmode, while until yesterday it didn't complain at all.
>> Minimal example:
>>
>> Hello Hans\dots
>>
> \starttext
> Hello Otared \unknown\ hello Otared …
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your attention: actually I was typesetting a file containing an older one which I have written and typeset in the good old plain TeX, and there I have used \dots. Indeed saying (as you suggest)
\let\dots\unknown
solves my problem, but the bug I was reporting has to do (I guess) with a more serious issue in mkiv's math.
In another thread initiated by Peter Rolf I reported that any math in the latest beta mkiv results in:
! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle

Minimal example:

\starttext
$a$
\stoptext

As Thomas Schmitz points out it may be a matter of  math fonts.

Best regards: OK

* Re: Beta 2010.03.30: mkiv and \dots
@ 2010-03-30 17:11     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-03-30 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-3-2010 19:06, Otared Kavian wrote:

> As Thomas Schmitz points out it may be a matter of  math fonts.

i just uploaded a new version

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-03-30 17:15       ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-03-30 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

On Mar 30, 2010, at 6:22 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> i see, some files are missing in the zip (and as i have them in my dev path it goes unnoticed when i do a run)
>
> i'll make a newer beta

Hans, sorry, the 19.00 beta doesn't fix it yet, I get the same errors.

Thomas

* Re: Beta 2010.03.30: mkiv and \dots
@ 2010-03-30 17:26         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-03-30 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-3-2010 19:15, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2010, at 6:22 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>>

>> i see, some files are missing in the zip (and as i have them in my dev path it goes unnoticed when i do a run)
>>
>> i'll make a newer beta
>>
> Hans, sorry, the 19.00 beta doesn't fix it yet, I get the same errors.

will take till 20.00 before the garden is in sync

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-03-30 18:17           ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-03-30 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 30, 2010, at 7:26 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 30-3-2010 19:15, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>>>

>> Hans, sorry, the 19.00 beta doesn't fix it yet, I get the same errors.
>
> will take till 20.00 before the garden is in sync

You're right, of course, the warnings have disappeared now! Thanks Hans.

Thomas