* hyphens in verbatim text
@ 2010-04-07  3:04 Hongwen Qiu
From: Hongwen Qiu @ 2010-04-07  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

-- in verbatim text displayed as a single -, no matter in \type{} or in
typing environment or something like that.
current version: 2010.03.30 18:56
$ luatex --version
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.0-2010040422

* Re: hyphens in verbatim text
@ 2010-04-07  8:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-04-07  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7-4-2010 5:04, Hongwen Qiu wrote:
> -- in verbatim text displayed as a single -, no matter in \type{} or in
> typing environment or something like that.

looks ok here, so example needed

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: hyphens in verbatim text
@ 2010-04-07  8:59   ` Hongwen Qiu
From: Hongwen Qiu @ 2010-04-07  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

于 2010年04月07日 16:12, Hans Hagen 写道:
> looks ok here, so example needed
I found that the problem can only be produced when using the simplefonts
module, while loading the adobesongstd font and some other Chinese
fonts. So, the problem maybe something's wrong with the simplefonts
module. The following is a simple example.

\usemodule[simplefonts]

\setcjkmainfont[adobesongstd]

\starttext

\starttyping
--
\stoptyping

\type{--}

\stoptext

And if I use \setmainfont[some Western Fonts] instead of the
\setcjkmainfont line, the problem still exists.

* Re: hyphens in verbatim text
@ 2010-04-07 23:14     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-04-07 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.04.10 10:59, schrieb Hongwen Qiu:
> I found that the problem can only be produced when using the
> simplefonts module, while loading the adobesongstd font and some other
> Chinese fonts. So, the problem maybe something's wrong with the
> simplefonts module. The following is a simple example.
>
> \usemodule[simplefonts]
>
> \setcjkmainfont[adobesongstd]
>
> \starttext
>
> \starttyping
> --
> \stoptyping
>
> \type{--}
>
> \stoptext
>
> And if I use \setmainfont[some Western Fonts] instead of the
> \setcjkmainfont line, the problem still exists.
Add '\setmonofont[Latin Modern Mono][features=none]' to your file.

You can see the effect also without simplefonts:

\starttypescript [serif] [mainfont]
   \setups[font:fallback:serif]
   \definefontsynonym [Serif] [name:lmroman10regular] [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [mono] [monofont]
   \setups[font:fallback:mono]
   \definefontsynonym [Mono] [name:lmmono10regular] [features=default]
%  \definefontsynonym [Mono] [name:lmmono10regular] [features=none]
\stoptypescript

\definetypeface[simplefonts][rm][serif][mainfont][default]
\definetypeface[simplefonts][tt][mono] [monofont][default]

\setupbodyfont[simplefonts]

\starttext

\starttyping
-- ---
\stoptyping

\type{--}

\stoptext

Comment the first synonym in the mono typescript and uncomment
the second to get correct dashes in verbatim mode.

Wolfgang

* Re: hyphens in verbatim text
@ 2010-04-08  2:28       ` Hongwen Qiu
From: Hongwen Qiu @ 2010-04-08  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

于 2010年04月08日 07:14, Wolfgang Schuster 写道:
> Add '\setmonofont[Latin Modern Mono][features=none]' to your file.
Yes, this works. Tanks.