* Re: basic \cite[]
@ 2010-04-18  6:46 Michael Saunders
From: Michael Saunders @ 2010-04-18  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Taco:

> > \placepublications
>
> Please change the above line to
>
>    \placepublications[criterium=all]

Thanks, but that's what I was using already.  To be clear, in Mk IV:
\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database=myProject]
\setuppublications[alternative=num]
\cite[myKey]
\placepublications[criterium=all]

The references in the back look okay, but at the point where
\cite[myKey]  occurs, I get  empty brackets: "[]", not "[1]".

* Re: basic \cite[]
@ 2010-04-17 20:12 Michael Saunders
From: Michael Saunders @ 2010-04-17 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Taco:

> Try
>
>    \setuppublications[alternative=num]

Thank you, but using that I get the same result:

\cite[myKey]  prints out empty brackets "[]", not "[1]".

* basic \cite[]
@ 2010-04-17 15:53 Michael Saunders
From: Michael Saunders @ 2010-04-17 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I want to be able to write, in my text, \cite[myKey] (where myKey is
the key of a record in my .bib file), and have this appear in print
as:  [<a number>]
linked to the bibliograpy page where it (<a number>) occurs.

I've been puzzling over bibmod-doc.pdf.  I think the solution has to
do with the commands \setuppublications and \setupcite, but since
bibmod-doc never says what these commands do, it's very difficult.
I'm guessing \setuppublications might be able to control what argument
I should use in the \cite[] command.  I'm guessing \setupcite might
control how a citation will be printed in the text.  (If this is true,
the manual should say so so the reader doesn't have to guess.)  One
cryptic line tells me:

"refcommand                  the default option for \cite"

just like that.  Based on this, I'm guessing refcommand=key will let
me write things like \cite[myFirstKey].  The manual goes on to clear
up the confusion by explaining:

"The \cite command has a lot of alternatives, as could be seen above
in the setting of ‘refcommand’."

That's it---no mention of what \setupcite does.  Based on this, I'm
hoping that \setupcite[num] will cause the citation to be printed as
[<some number>], e.g., [1].

So, I'm using:

\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database=myProject]
\setuppublications[refcommand=key,alternative=apa,setupinteraction=start,numbering=yes]
\setuppublicationlist[]
\setupcite[num][]

\placepublications[criterium=all]

The bibliography prints out, but citations appear as empty brackets:  "[]".
I want them to be numbers linked to the appearance of the same number
in the bibliography.   There must be a way of doing this?