* Enumeration
@ 2010-04-17 13:27 Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2010-04-17 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,

I'm working on my thesis and I need a mechanism very similar to float
and its reference/caption facilities except it can't be floating.

My problem is the following: I've boxes to display corresponding to
operators. They should be numbered (like figure, tables, etc.) and
having a list is a plus and I should be able to do \about[myoperator] to
display the name of the operator.

I tried to declare a float and it works perfectly, except it is floating
and do not respect the flow I would like to have.

I tried enumeration but I can't do \about and I really need it.

What is the best way to have such a behavior ?

Thanks in advance,

Antoine C.

* Re: Enumeration
@ 2010-04-18  6:56 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-04-18  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Antoine Cailliau wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on my thesis and I need a mechanism very similar to float
> and its reference/caption facilities except it can't be floating.
>
> My problem is the following: I've boxes to display corresponding to
> operators. They should be numbered (like figure, tables, etc.) and
> having a list is a plus and I should be able to do \about[myoperator] to
> display the name of the operator.
>
> I tried to declare a float and it works perfectly, except it is floating
> and do not respect the flow I would like to have.
>
> I tried enumeration but I can't do \about and I really need it.
>
> What is the best way to have such a behavior ?

   \placetable[force][reference]{caption}{some float}

I am not sure whether you can feed 'force' into

   \setupfloat[location=force]

but you could try that also.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Enumeration
@ 2010-04-18  7:15 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-04-18  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.04.10 15:27, schrieb Antoine Cailliau:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on my thesis and I need a mechanism very similar to float
> and its reference/caption facilities except it can't be floating.
>
> My problem is the following: I've boxes to display corresponding to
> operators. They should be numbered (like figure, tables, etc.) and
> having a list is a plus and I should be able to do \about[myoperator] to
> display the name of the operator.
>
> I tried to declare a float and it works perfectly, except it is floating
> and do not respect the flow I would like to have.
>
> I tried enumeration but I can't do \about and I really need it.

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\defineenumeration[test][title=yes]
\starttext
text \about[test] text
\page
\starttest[test]{knuth} \input knuth\par \stoptest
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Enumeration
@ 2010-04-18  8:36   ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2010-04-18  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks a lot, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Is there a way to edit the style of the title, like with caption ? Where
is it documented (If any) ?

Thanks in advance,

Antoine

On Sun, 2010-04-18 at 09:15 +0200, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 17.04.10 15:27, schrieb Antoine Cailliau:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm working on my thesis and I need a mechanism very similar to float
> > and its reference/caption facilities except it can't be floating.
> >
> > My problem is the following: I've boxes to display corresponding to
> > operators. They should be numbered (like figure, tables, etc.) and
> > having a list is a plus and I should be able to do \about[myoperator] to
> > display the name of the operator.
> >
> > I tried to declare a float and it works perfectly, except it is floating
> > and do not respect the flow I would like to have.
> >
> > I tried enumeration but I can't do \about and I really need it.
> >
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
> \defineenumeration[test][title=yes]
> \starttext
> text \about[test] text
> \page
> \starttest[test]{knuth} \input knuth\par \stoptest
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: Enumeration
@ 2010-04-18  8:53     ` Antoine Cailliau
From: Antoine Cailliau @ 2010-04-18  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, I read definition files and I found what I was looking for.

For the archive of the ML:
headstyle, headcolor, titlestyle, titlecolor, titleleft, titleright and text.

Cheers,

Antoine

On 18 April 2010 10:36, Antoine Cailliau <antoinecailliau@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot, this is exactly what I was looking for.
>
> Is there a way to edit the style of the title, like with caption ? Where
> is it documented (If any) ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Antoine
>
> On Sun, 2010-04-18 at 09:15 +0200, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 17.04.10 15:27, schrieb Antoine Cailliau:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I'm working on my thesis and I need a mechanism very similar to float
>> > and its reference/caption facilities except it can't be floating.
>> >
>> > My problem is the following: I've boxes to display corresponding to
>> > operators. They should be numbered (like figure, tables, etc.) and
>> > having a list is a plus and I should be able to do \about[myoperator] to
>> > display the name of the operator.
>> >
>> > I tried to declare a float and it works perfectly, except it is floating
>> > and do not respect the flow I would like to have.
>> >
>> > I tried enumeration but I can't do \about and I really need it.
>> >
>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>> \defineenumeration[test][title=yes]
>> \starttext
>> text \about[test] text
>> \page
>> \starttest[test]{knuth} \input knuth\par \stoptest
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Wolfgang

> --
> Antoine Cailliau
> www.ac-graphic.net

* Re: Enumeration
@ 2010-04-18 11:08       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-04-18 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.04.10 10:53, schrieb Antoine Cailliau:
> Ok, I read definition files and I found what I was looking for.
>
> For the archive of the ML:
> headstyle, headcolor, titlestyle, titlecolor, titleleft, titleright and text.

It well help more when you send a minimal example of your setup.

Wolfgang