* page-break
@ 2010-04-20  8:05 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2010-04-20  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear list members,

My biggest problem have always been seemingly arbitrary page breaks
occuring every now and then in larger documents; and because I don't see
a pattern, I can't create a minimal example.  But maybe you can make a
suggestion based on the following:

The section below produces a page break seen in
http://www.ogbasel.ch/version-1.pdf.
If the line "\page[no]" is inserted, the page break occurs as shown in
http://www.ogbasel.ch/version-page-no.pdf

Mark IV, on linux and Leopard
Context version 2010.03.02 12:34
The font is Gentium at 10.5

Thanks, Jörg

-------------snip------------------
{\bf Grauammer} -- {\it Bruant proyer} -- Emberiza calandra: Am 28.2.
konnte LEU einen Sänger in der PCA feststellen. Am 29.3. sah und hörte
KEL 3 Ind. in Iselisboden bei Hésingue und 1 Ind. bei der Neudörfler
Lache bei Village-Neuf. AMA meldet die Beobachtung eines Ind. am 8.6. in
der PCA und KEL eines Ind. am 21.6. in Iselisboden bei Hésingue. OES sah
am 3.7. 1 Ind. in einer Buntbrache zwischen Reinach und Aesch.

\stoplines
%\stoplinenumbering

\section{Nachträge zum Jahresbericht 2007}

%\startlinenumbering

S. 29 Goldhähnchenlaubsänger -- Pouillot de Pallas -- Phylloscopus
proregulus: Am 15.12. sah M. Solari 1 Ind. bei St-Louis. Die Beobachtung
wurde vom Comité National de Homologation angenommen (mitgeteilt durch BLA).

\page[no]  %%% <-------- without this line in version-1.pdf, with the
line in version-page-no.pdf

S. 33 Zwergammer -- Bruant nain -- Emberiza pusilla: Am 5.10. wurde in
der PCA 1 Ind. von M.Baumann, B. Scaar et al. gefangen. Die Bestimmung
wurde vom Comité National de Homologation angenommen (mitgeteilt durch
BLA).

%\stoplinenumbering

\section{Zitierte Literatur}

%\startlinenumbering

Volet, B. 2006: Liste der Vogelarten der Schweiz. Ornithol. Beobachter
103: 271-294

%\stoplinenumbering

\section[title:abbrev]{Abkürzungen -- Abbréviations}
\subsubsubject{Abkürzungen der erwähnten Einsenderinnen und Einsender
von Beobachtungen}

* Re: page-break
@ 2010-04-23 10:09 ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2010-04-23 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

No reaction to this question so far. I realise that, without a minimal
example, it is difficult to know what is happening. But I don't believe
that the problem never occurs to others. Maybe you have some general
suggestions as what to try? The page breaks as soon as the paragraph
starting with "S. 33 Zwergammer..." contains more than one line.

An additional information:
\adaptlayout[43][lines=+1] (or height=+ something] gives an error (on
any page in the document):

---------snip----------------
verfull \hbox (40.14098pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 345--345
[][]\*jhgentium10.5ptrmbf* Som-m-er-gold-hähn-chen
\*jhgentium10.5ptrmtf* -- \*jhgentium10.5ptrmit* Roi-te-let à triple
ban-deau \*jhgentium10.5ptrmtf* -- Regu-lus igni-ca-pilla:
Januar/Februar-Beob-
!pages          : flushing realpage 38, userpage 40
!pages          : flushing realpage 39, userpage 41
!pages          : flushing realpage 40, userpage 42
!pages          : flushing realpage 41, userpage 43
!pages          : flushing realpage 42, userpage 44
layout          : textheight adapted with +2 lines at page 43
! Extra \else.
\handlestreamoutput ...aultstreamoutput \fi \else
                                                   \the
\normalstreamoutput \fi
\invokenormaloutputroutine ...\OTRcommand \output
                                                   \fi
<output> ...e \everybeforeoutput \the \mainoutput
                                                   \the \everyafteroutput }
\obeyedline ->\par
                    \futurelet \next \dobetweenthelines
l.399 ...htung eines Ind. am 20.9. bei Seltisberg.

?
-----------snip------------------

Please have a look at the pdf-files (http://www.ogbasel.ch/version-1.pdf
and http://www.ogbasel.ch/version-page-no.pdf) and tell me what you think.
Thank you, Jörg

* Re: page-break
@ 2010-04-23 12:45   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-04-23 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jörg Hagmann wrote:
> No reaction to this question so far. I realise that, without a minimal
> example, it is difficult to know what is happening. But I don't believe
> that the problem never occurs to others. Maybe you have some general
> suggestions as what to try? The page breaks as soon as the paragraph
> starting with "S. 33 Zwergammer..." contains more than one line.
>
> An additional information:
> \adaptlayout[43][lines=+1] (or height=+ something] gives an error (on
> any page in the document):

Works for me, but that is probably because of missing test file
(you seem to be inside \obeylines for some reason).

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: page-break
@ 2010-04-23 13:09     ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2010-04-23 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/23/10 2:45 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Jörg Hagmann wrote:
>> No reaction to this question so far. I realise that, without a
>> minimal example, it is difficult to know what is happening. But I
>> don't believe that the problem never occurs to others. Maybe you have
>> some general suggestions as what to try? The page breaks as soon as
>> the paragraph starting with "S. 33 Zwergammer..." contains more than
>> one line.
>>
>> An additional information:
>> \adaptlayout[43][lines=+1] (or height=+ something] gives an error (on
>> any page in the document):
>
> Works for me, but that is probably because of missing test file
> (you seem to be inside \obeylines for some reason).
It works for me in other files as well, so context seems to be ok.
Jörg

Prof. Jörg Hagmann-Zanolari MD
University of Basel
Department of Biomedicine
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics
Mattenstrasse 28
CH-4058 Basel
Switzerland
Phone +41 (0)61 267 3565

* Re: page-break
@ 2010-04-23 17:38   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-04-23 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23-4-2010 12:09, Jörg Hagmann wrote:
> No reaction to this question so far. I realise that, without a minimal
> example, it is difficult to know what is happening. But I don't believe
> that the problem never occurs to others. Maybe you have some general
> suggestions as what to try? The page breaks as soon as the paragraph
> starting with "S. 33 Zwergammer..." contains more than one line.
>
> An additional information:
> \adaptlayout[43][lines=+1] (or height=+ something] gives an error (on
> any page in the document):

change \rawdoifinsetelse into \rawdoifinset

\def\adaptpagedimensionsindeed
   {\rawdoifinset\realfolio\adaptedpages

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE