* the grid (MkIV)
@ 2010-04-19 11:37 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-04-19 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

how can I exclude a section head from grid?

Just compare setuplayout with grid=yes/no.

Is there a solution?

\showgrid

\starttext

\setuplayout[grid=yes]% [grid=no]
\setuphead[chapter][grid=none]

\chapter{one}

\page

\chapter{one\\line}

\page

\chapter{one\\line\\line}

\stoptext

Thanks,
Steffen

* Re: the grid (MkIV)
@ 2010-04-22 11:40 ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-04-22 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

No answer at all ... Does that mean that nobody uses MkIV grid-typesting?

Or does that mean that excluding section heads from gridsnapping is impossible?

Steffen

Am 19.04.2010 um 13:37 schrieb Steffen Wolfrum:

> Hi,
>

> how can I exclude a section head from grid?
>
> Just compare setuplayout with grid=yes/no.
>
> Is there a solution?
>

> \showgrid
>
> \starttext
>
> \setuplayout[grid=yes]% [grid=no]
> \setuphead[chapter][grid=none]
>
> \chapter{one}
>
> \page
>
> \chapter{one\\line}
>
> \page
>
> \chapter{one\\line\\line}
>
> \stoptext
>

> Thanks,
> Steffen

* Re: the grid (MkIV)
@ 2010-04-22 11:59   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-04-22 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Steffen Wolfrum <context@st.estfiles.de> wrote:

> No answer at all ... Does that mean that nobody uses MkIV grid-typesting?
>
> Or does that mean that excluding section heads from gridsnapping is impossible?

sorry, no answer
BTW I was experimenting with \vtop

\chapter{\vtop{one\\line}}

--
luigi

* Re: the grid (MkIV)
@ 2010-04-22 12:18   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-04-22 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> No answer at all ... Does that mean that nobody uses MkIV grid-typesting?

Nobody that wants to exclude section heads from the grid, it seems.

> Or does that mean that excluding section heads from gridsnapping is impossible?

I would say that \setuphead[chapter][grid=none] is severely bugged,
I've added a tracker item to that effect. It does move the chapter
head off the grid, sort of (into the header ...)

Best wishes,

Taco

* Re: the grid (MkIV)
@ 2010-04-22 21:33     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-04-22 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22-4-2010 2:18, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> No answer at all ... Does that mean that nobody uses MkIV grid-typesting?
>
> Nobody that wants to exclude section heads from the grid, it seems.
>
>> Or does that mean that excluding section heads from gridsnapping is
>> impossible?
>
> I would say that \setuphead[chapter][grid=none] is severely bugged,
> I've added a tracker item to that effect. It does move the chapter
> head off the grid, sort of (into the header ...)

i have to check it but 'none' is not the same as 'no' or 'off'

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: the grid (MkIV)
@ 2010-04-22 21:43       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-04-22 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 22-4-2010 2:18, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>> No answer at all ... Does that mean that nobody uses MkIV
>>> grid-typesting?
>>
>> Nobody that wants to exclude section heads from the grid, it seems.
>>
>>> Or does that mean that excluding section heads from gridsnapping is
>>> impossible?
>>
>> I would say that \setuphead[chapter][grid=none] is severely bugged,
>> I've added a tracker item to that effect. It does move the chapter
>> head off the grid, sort of (into the header ...)
>
> i have to check it but 'none' is not the same as 'no' or 'off'

Well, no and off have no effect at all. As 'none' does something
at least, my guess was that it is just a little bugged.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: the grid (MkIV)
@ 2010-04-27 16:04 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <91C9C2AA-29A5-40E8-B601-A4DAD8492C05@st.estfiles.de>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-04-27 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19-4-2010 1:37, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi,
>

> how can I exclude a section head from grid?
>
> Just compare setuplayout with grid=yes/no.
>
> Is there a solution?
>

> \showgrid
>
> \starttext
>
> \setuplayout[grid=yes]% [grid=no]
> \setuphead[chapter][grid=none]
>
> \chapter{one}
>
> \page
>
> \chapter{one\\line}
>
> \page
>
> \chapter{one\\line\\line}
>
> \stoptext

how about

\setuplayout[grid=yes] \showgrid

\definegridsnapping[chapter][mindepth,maxheight,local]

\setuphead[chapter][grid=chapter,alternative=top]

\starttext
     \chapter{one}             \input tufte
     \chapter{one\\two}        \input tufte
     \chapter{one\\two\\three} \input tufte
\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: the grid (MkIV)
       [not found]   ` <91C9C2AA-29A5-40E8-B601-A4DAD8492C05@st.estfiles.de>
@ 2010-04-27 17:53     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-04-27 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27-4-2010 7:14, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> I was reading spac-ver.mkiv on gridsnapping values ... but didn't find the "local" switch.
>
> What's it about?

using local interlinespace vs bodyfont related

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE