* bibliography overprinting and out of order
@ 2010-04-29  7:43 Michael Saunders
From: Michael Saunders @ 2010-04-29  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

For example, with this .bbl file:

\setuppublicationlist[samplesize={Gob06},totalnumber=3]

\startpublication[k=siBrochure,t=techreport,
a={{Gobel}},y=2006,
n=1,s=Gob06]
\author[]{E.}[E.]{}{Gobel}
\pubyear{2006}
\title{The international system of units}
\pubname{Organisation Intergouvernementale de la Convention}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=siNist,t=techreport,
a={{Taylor},{Thompson}},y=2008,
n=2,s=TT08]
\author[]{Barry~N.}[B.~N.]{}{Taylor}
\author[]{Ambler}[A.]{}{Thompson}
\pubyear{2008}
\title{The international system of units ({\addff{sc}si})}
\bibtype{{\addff{sc}nist} Special Publication}
\volume{330}
\city{Washington, {\addff{sc}dc}}
\pubname{The National Institute of Standards and Technology ({\addff{sc}nist}),
  United States Department of Commerce}
\note{http://physics.nist.gov/Pubs/SP330/sp330.pdf}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=siGuide,t=techreport,
a={{Thompson},{Taylor}},y=2008,
n=3,s=TT08]
\author[]{Ambler}[A.]{}{Thompson}
\author[]{Barry~N.}[B.~N.]{}{Taylor}
\pubyear{2008}
\title{Guide for the use of the international system of units ({\addff{sc}si})}
\bibtype{{\addff{sc}nist} Special Publication}
\volume{811}
\city{Washington, {\addff{sc}dc}}
\pubname{The National Institute of Standards and Technology ({\addff{sc}nist}),
  United States Department of Commerce}
\note{http://www.nist.gov/physlab/pubs/sp811/index.cfm}
\stoppublication

and these commands:
\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database=Mydatabase]
\setuppublications[numbering=yes,alternative=ams,setupinteraction=start]

\startext
\placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext

...I get 3 and 2 printing out on top of each other (text overprinting
text), and out of order.  I'd like the references to be alphabetical
(so you can find them by looking in the bibliography), numbered in
order, and these numbers used to print the citations.  I'd also like
to prevent text from printing on top of text (that's so you can read
it).

* Re: bibliography overprinting and out of order
@ 2010-04-29 10:16 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-04-29 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Saunders wrote:
> For example, with this .bbl file:
>

> ...I get 3 and 2 printing out on top of each other (text overprinting

Not here, looks fine.

> text), and out of order.

> I'd like the references to be alphabetical
> (so you can find them by looking in the bibliography), numbered in

It should be possible to control this using

  \setuppublications[sorttype=bbl]

but it does not work for me, I get a lua error. I'll create a context
bug tracker item.

Best wishes,
Taco