* Small bug in Italian hyphenation
@ 2010-05-01 19:14 Giovanni Salmeri
From: Giovanni Salmeri @ 2010-05-01 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I'm using ConTeXt Mk IV and I've found a small problem with the Italian
hyphenation. Sequences like "dell'impossibile" are hyphenated
"dell'im-pos-si-bi-le" instead of the correct
"del-l'im-pos-si-bi-le" (i.e. the first hyphen is omitted, which is
sometimes annoying). In the list it.comp.software.tex I was told to add
\lccode`\'=`\' in my text: in fact, it works perfectly, but I suppose
there is something to be corrected in the ConTeXt files. Could someone
tell me which file and how?

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Giovanni Salmeri
http://mondodomani.org/pers/salmeri/

* Re: Small bug in Italian hyphenation
@ 2010-05-02  8:38 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-05-02  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 9:14 PM, Giovanni Salmeri
<g.salmeri@mondodomani.org> wrote:
> I'm using ConTeXt Mk IV and I've found a small problem with the Italian
> hyphenation. Sequences like "dell'impossibile" are hyphenated
> "dell'im-pos-si-bi-le" instead of the correct
> "del-l'im-pos-si-bi-le" (i.e. the first hyphen is omitted, which is
> sometimes annoying). In the list it.comp.software.tex I was told to add
> \lccode`\'=`\' in my text: in fact, it works perfectly, but I suppose
> there is something to be corrected in the ConTeXt files. Could someone
> tell me which file and how?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
I will ask to mojca at lunch
greetings from bachotex !

--
luigi

* Re: Small bug in Italian hyphenation
@ 2010-05-02  8:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-02  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.05.10 21:14, schrieb Giovanni Salmeri:
> I'm using ConTeXt Mk IV and I've found a small problem with the Italian
> hyphenation. Sequences like "dell'impossibile" are hyphenated
> "dell'im-pos-si-bi-le" instead of the correct
> "del-l'im-pos-si-bi-le" (i.e. the first hyphen is omitted, which is
> sometimes annoying). In the list it.comp.software.tex I was told to add
> \lccode`\'=`\' in my text: in fact, it works perfectly, but I suppose
> there is something to be corrected in the ConTeXt files. Could someone
> tell me which file and how?

In MkIV you can use \setbreakpoints but the results are not satisfying.

\installbreakpoint [compound] [’] [nleft=1,nright=1] % type=5?
\setbreakpoints[compound]
\starttext\hsize1pt
dell’impossibile
\stoptext