* \installlanguage questions
@ 2010-05-05 13:48 Tomáš Pustelník
From: Tomáš Pustelník @ 2010-05-05 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have few questions about command \installlanguage. First, in file lang-ini is command \setuplanguage for default language. It has parameters lefthyphen, righthyphen and hyphen. I would like to ask if these parameters can be used in command \installlanguage or not and what is their funcionality becouse I have tried use command:

    \setuplanguage[cz][lefthyphen=@,righthyphen=@,hyphen=€]

and I didn't see any changes. I thought it's used to setup hyphen mark when the word is spilt at the end of line but I still get symbol -

Also I would like to know whats the difference in \date and parameter date in \installlanguage? In parameter date in \installlanguage are curly backets, it's just some mask for command \date? Or those two are entirely different?

Thank you answers.

Tomas Pustelnik

* Re: \installlanguage questions
@ 2010-05-06  9:54 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-05-06  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tomáš Pustelník wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have few questions about command \installlanguage. First, in file
> lang-ini is command \setuplanguage for default language. It has
> parameters lefthyphen, righthyphen and hyphen. I would like to ask if
> these parameters can be used in command \installlanguage or not and
> what is their funcionality becouse I have tried use command:
>
> \setuplanguage[cz][lefthyphen=@,righthyphen=@,hyphen=€]
>
> and I didn't see any changes.

I think this is a case of NYI (not yet implemented). Luatex has support
for these parameters, but it looks like mkiv only has the \setuplanguage
keys at the moment, not an actual implementation.

> I thought it's used to setup hyphen
> mark when the word is spilt at the end of line

Yes, that is wat it is supposed to do.

> Also I would like to know whats the difference in \date and parameter
> date in \installlanguage? In parameter date in \installlanguage are
> curly backets,

That is just a syntax trick to solve a problem with embedded commas.
In context, "key=value" and "key={value}" are equivalent, except
that the second form allows embedded commas.

> it's just some mask for command \date? Or those two
> are entirely different?

The \setuplanguage parameter provides a formatting template for \date.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: \installlanguage questions
@ 2010-05-06 20:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-05-06 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5-5-2010 3:48, Tomáš Pustelník wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have few questions about command \installlanguage. First, in file lang-ini is command \setuplanguage for default language. It has parameters lefthyphen, righthyphen and hyphen. I would like to ask if these parameters can be used in command \installlanguage or not and what is their funcionality becouse I have tried use command:
>
>      \setuplanguage[cz][lefthyphen=@,righthyphen=@,hyphen=€]
>
> and I didn't see any changes. I thought it's used to setup hyphen mark when the word is spilt at the end of line but I still get symbol -

lefthyphen and righthyphen are supported now

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE