* quotechar and command with database module
@ 2010-05-09 18:29 Vianney le Clément
From: Vianney le Clément @ 2010-05-09 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

There seems to be a bug in the database module when using the
quotechar and command option at the same time. Here is a minimal
example.

\usemodule[database]
\defineseparatedlist
  [CSV]
  [separator=comma,
   quotechar={"},
   command=\Whatever]
\def\Whatever#1#2{[#1][#2]\par}
\starttext
\startCSV
One,Two
Three,Four
\stopCSV
\startCSV
One,Two
"Three,three",Four
\stopCSV
\stoptext

It works as expected when commenting the fifth line.

Regards,
Vianney

* Re: quotechar and command with database module
@ 2010-05-09 18:34 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-05-09 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/5/9 Vianney le Clément <vleclement@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> There seems to be a bug in the database module when using the
> quotechar and command option at the same time. Here is a minimal
> example.
>
> \usemodule[database]
> \defineseparatedlist
>  [CSV]
>  [separator=comma,
>   quotechar={"},
>   command=\Whatever]
> \def\Whatever#1#2{[#1][#2]\par}
> \starttext
> \startCSV
> One,Two
> Three,Four
> \stopCSV
> \startCSV
> One,Two
> "Three,three",Four
> \stopCSV
> \stoptext
>
> It works as expected when commenting the fifth line.

And while you are discussing this. Not so long ago I requested a fix
for UTF-8 characters in MKII. Hans has fixed it, but I suspect that
that fixed broke proper handling of beginning of lines.

That is:

\defineseparatedlist[TSV][separator=tab]

\startTSV
a<tab>b
<tab>c
č<tab>š
\stopTSV

won't work properly on the second line (MKII).

Mojca

* Re: quotechar and command with database module
@ 2010-05-09 20:57   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-05-09 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9-5-2010 8:34, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> 2010/5/9 Vianney le Clément<vleclement@gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> There seems to be a bug in the database module when using the
>> quotechar and command option at the same time. Here is a minimal
>> example.
>>
>> \usemodule[database]
>> \defineseparatedlist
>>   [CSV]
>>   [separator=comma,
>>    quotechar={"},
>>    command=\Whatever]
>> \def\Whatever#1#2{[#1][#2]\par}
>> \starttext
>> \startCSV
>> One,Two
>> Three,Four
>> \stopCSV
>> \startCSV
>> One,Two
>> "Three,three",Four
>> \stopCSV
>> \stoptext
>>
>> It works as expected when commenting the fifth line.
>
> And while you are discussing this. Not so long ago I requested a fix
> for UTF-8 characters in MKII. Hans has fixed it, but I suspect that
> that fixed broke proper handling of beginning of lines.
>
> That is:
>
> \defineseparatedlist[TSV][separator=tab]
>
> \startTSV
> a<tab>b
> <tab>c
> č<tab>š
> \stopTSV
>
> won't work properly on the second line (MKII).

lucky me that you did the testing ...

\edef\processseplistseparator{\detokenize{,}}%

\def\dodefineprocessseplist#1#2% separator \docommand
   {\edef\processseplistseparator{\detokenize{#1}}%
    \def\dodoprocessseplist##1##2#1%
      {\edef\!!stringa{\detokenize{##1}}%
       \ifx\detokenizedrelax\!!stringa
         \expandafter\nodoprocessseplist
       \else\ifx\!!stringa\processseplistseparator
         #2{}%
         #2{##2}%
         \expandafter\expandafter\expandafter\dodoprocessseplist
       \else
         #2{##1##2}%
         \expandafter\expandafter\expandafter\dodoprocessseplist
       \fi\fi}%
    \def\doprocessseplist##1\relax
      {\dodoprocessseplist##1#1\relax#1\relax\relax\end}}

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-05-10  0:37     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-05-10  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

Great, thanks a lot. This patch fixes both of my reported issues, but:
- doesn't solve Vianney's one
- MKIV behaves a bit weird (three letters that were supposed to be in
the same cell go into a different cell each etc.)

I'm sending a tiny file for testing. It seems that quotechar does very
weird things indeed.

Mojca

[-- Attachment #2: a.tex --]

* Re: quotechar and command with database module
@ 2010-05-10  7:21       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-05-10  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10-5-2010 2:37, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hans,
>
> Great, thanks a lot. This patch fixes both of my reported issues, but:
> - doesn't solve Vianney's one
> - MKIV behaves a bit weird (three letters that were supposed to be in
> the same cell go into a different cell each etc.)
>
> I'm sending a tiny file for testing. It seems that quotechar does very
> weird things indeed.

i didn't test mkiv ... probably needs a rewrite (i'll have a look at it)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE