* sorting
@ 2010-05-11 15:31 Tomáš Pustelník
From: Tomáš Pustelník @ 2010-05-11 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

thanks for your previous answers, they helped me. But now I'm little lost in sorting (in registers -- index etc.). I know there is file sort-lan.mkii with sorting rules for czech language, but Context is not sorting by these rules (letter ch is not recognized). So, is there some way how to use it? (I can add it to context.mkii and generate format again, but I'm not sure, it was supposed to be this way). Also mkiv version of this file doesn't exist, but sort-lan.lua does. So how is it handled in MkIV?

Thank for your answers

Tomas Pustelnik

* Re: sorting
@ 2010-05-11 18:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-05-11 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11-5-2010 5:31, Tomáš Pustelník wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for your previous answers, they helped me. But now I'm little lost in sorting (in registers -- index etc.). I know there is file sort-lan.mkii with sorting rules for czech language, but Context is not sorting by these rules (letter ch is not recognized). So, is there some way how to use it? (I can add it to context.mkii and generate format again, but I'm not sure, it was supposed to be this way). Also mkiv version of this file doesn't exist, but sort-lan.lua does. So how is it handled in MkIV?

sort-lan.lua

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: sorting
@ 2000-04-17 15:41 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-04-17 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: pragma, ntg-context

Hi,

> I havend looked at it for a long time, but I remember that xindy was
> supposed to do a good job on special non-ascii sorting orders. Since it
> was meant as more that a successor to makeindex, maybe context deserves
> xindy support (or vice versa).
If I recall correctly, Hans wanted to support it later, but didn't do so
until now. -- I think the problem with xindy is that there isn't a windows
version (to say nothing about a Mac) and that it isn't included in teTeX
or in the Linux distributions (correct me, if I'm wrong).

Since PERL does a good work on strings, PERL 5.6 does even work with
UNICODE, I think it is feasable to do it in texutil.

Tobias

* Re: sorting
@ 2000-04-17  8:44 Karsten Tinnefeld
From: Karsten Tinnefeld @ 2000-04-17  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

> > Is it possible to use external makeindex with ConTeXt? The
> reason is
> > there is a good Czech version of MakeIndex, that sorts
> acording to
> > the Czech sorting scheme.
> I fear that isn't possible.

I havend looked at it for a long time, but I remember that xindy was
supposed to do a good job on special non-ascii sorting orders. Since it
was meant as more that a successor to makeindex, maybe context deserves
xindy support (or vice versa).

http://www.iti.informatik.th-darmstadt.de/xindy/

Karsten
--
Karsten Tinnefeld                       tinnefeld@ls2.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Fachbereich Informatik, Lehrstuhl 2                   T +49 231 755-4737

* sorting
@ 2000-04-14 16:47 pragma
From: pragma @ 2000-04-14 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tobias replied to:

> Is it possible to use external makeindex with ConTeXt? The
reason is
> there is a good Czech version of MakeIndex, that sorts
acording to
> the Czech sorting scheme.
I fear that isn't possible.

>Or, how to make texutils to do it?
Have a look at \definesortkey
lang-sla.tex - pl
enco-pol.tex - pl
enco-ini.tex
core-uti.tex

(I thought I had something implemented for German umlauts "a->
ae, but it
doesn't seem to be in lang-ger.tex, Hans?)

we did discuss it some time ago but you never mailed me the
list, did you?

Concerning czech, during the course I gave in Brno, some people
were working on the index, and I expect Tom to come up with it
soon. I may need to extend texutil a bit, but that's not a
problem.

Hans