* Sections numbering in miscellaneous parts of documents (MKIV)
@ 2010-05-17 20:12 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-05-17 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
is there any way to change default setting of style of section numbering
of miscellaneous parts of documents?

In \startbodymatter  - \stopbodymatter environment is default style of
numbering :

1. Section 1
2. Section 2

but in \startappendices \stopappendices environment is style of numbering:

A. Section 9
B. Section 10

in \startbackmatter - \stopbackmatter is  without numbering:
Section 14
Section 15

Is there due

\setupsectionblock
        [backpart]
        [before={\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=Romannumerals]}]

\setupsectionblock
        [appendix]
        [before={\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers] %Characters
              \setupheadertexts[][]
              \setupfootertexts[][]
              }]

possibility change of section numbering to (for. example) only numbers
in all parts of documents

thanx
Jaroslav

* Re: Sections numbering in miscellaneous parts of documents (MKIV)
@ 2010-05-18  8:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-18  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.05.10 22:12, schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:
> Is there due
>
> \setupsectionblock
>        [backpart]
>        [before={\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=Romannumerals]}]
>
> \setupsectionblock
>        [appendix]
>        [before={\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers]
> %Characters
>              \setupheadertexts[][]
>              \setupfootertexts[][]
>              }]

I suggest to use sectionblockenvironment for these settings, e.g.

\startsectionblockenvironment[backpart]
\setupusepagenumber[numberconversion=Romannumerals]
\stopsectionblockenvironment

> possibility change of section numbering to (for. example) only numbers
> in all parts of documents

\definestructureconversionset[numbers][][numbers]

\setupheads[sectionconversionset=numbers]

Wolfgang

* Re: Sections numbering in miscellaneous parts of documents (MKIV)
@ 2010-05-18  9:56   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-05-18  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanx Wolfgang.
It is OK. Is there any possibility continue numbering from previous
sections?

Is there any manual or informations about this?
I study contextref.pdf and I didnt any info about.

Thanx Jaroslav

@ 2010-05-18 10:49     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-18 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 18.05.10 11:56, schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:
> Thanx Wolfgang.
> It is OK. Is there any possibility continue numbering from previous
> sections?
>
> Is there any manual or informations about this?
> I study contextref.pdf and I didnt any info about.

This seems to be not possible in MkIV because a new sectionblock resets
the counters
for the headers (that's what i can guess from the source) and only Hans
can help here.

The manual does currently not explain the new MkIV commands for
numberconversion etc.
and all you can do is to search in the list archive and the wiki.

I made a short example for Hans where the remaining problem is to
continue the header
numbering in the appendix, i.e. header '1 Three' should be '3 Three' and
'2 Four'should
be '4 Four'.

\definestructureconversionset[numbers][][numbers]

\setupheads[sectionconversionset=numbers]
\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversionset=numbers]

\starttext

\startbodymatter

\chapter{One}

\chapter{Two}