* footnote in TABLE
@ 2010-05-19  8:11 Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-05-19  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

Am I right that footnote don't work inside TABLE?

Example:
<example file="footnote_in_TABLE.ctx">
\starttext

Interaction between footnote and TABLE.

\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD This is first column \eTD \bTD This is second column\footnote{More convenient way to index as $a_{12}$ --- row and column}\eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD This is second row \eTD \bTD This is cell in second row and second column\eTD \eTR
\eTABLE

\stoptext
</example>

In table there is a mark (i.e. superscripted 1) but there is no
text.

Thanks in advance, Vladimir.

P.S. I use ctx extension for context (mkiv) files.

--
MS-DOS must die!

* Re: footnote in TABLE
@ 2010-05-19  8:17 ` Vianney le Clément
From: Vianney le Clément @ 2010-05-19  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

You may want to try localfootnotes. Have a look at the first example
of http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Footnotes

Regards,
Vianney

* Re: footnote in TABLE
@ 2010-05-19  8:42 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-19  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.05.10 10:11, schrieb Vladimir Lomov:
> Hi.
>
> Am I right that footnote don't work inside TABLE?
>
> Example:
> <example file="footnote_in_TABLE.ctx">
> \starttext
>
> Interaction between footnote and TABLE.
>
> \bTABLE
> \bTR \bTD This is first column \eTD \bTD This is second column\footnote{More convenient way to index as $a_{12}$ --- row and column}\eTD \eTR
> \bTR \bTD This is second row \eTD \bTD This is cell in second row and second column\eTD \eTR
> \eTABLE
>
> \stoptext
> </example>
>
> In table there is a mark (i.e. superscripted 1) but there is no
> text.

Write in the table '\postponenotes\footnote{...}' or use
\automigrateinserts in preamble
but for floats use localfootnotes.

> Thanks in advance, Vladimir.
>
> P.S. I use ctx extension for context (mkiv) files.

Use *.tex for your files, the ctx-extension for preprocessing files,
see http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xmanipulate.pdf

Wolfgang

* Re: footnote in TABLE
@ 2010-05-19  9:21   ` Vladimir Lomov
From: Vladimir Lomov @ 2010-05-19  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks both Wolfgang and Vianney.

** Wolfgang Schuster [2010-05-19 10:42:19 +0200]:

> Am 19.05.10 10:11, schrieb Vladimir Lomov:
>>Hi.

>>Am I right that footnote don't work inside TABLE?

>>Example:
>><example file="footnote_in_TABLE.ctx">
>>\starttext

>>Interaction between footnote and TABLE.

>>\bTABLE
>>\bTR \bTD This is first column \eTD \bTD This is second column\footnote{More convenient way to index as $a_{12}$ --- row and column}\eTD \eTR
>>\bTR \bTD This is second row \eTD \bTD This is cell in second row and second column\eTD \eTR
>>\eTABLE

>>\stoptext
>></example>

>>In table there is a mark (i.e. superscripted 1) but there is no
>>text.

> Write in the table '\postponenotes\footnote{...}' or use
> \automigrateinserts in preamble
> but for floats use localfootnotes.

Both methods work fine (preamble is part of document before \starttext I
guess).

Do I understand it correctly that TABLE is NOT a float?

I played with \{start,stop}locafootnotes, \placelocafootnotes;
\postponenotes; \automigrateinserts and \footnotetext -- \note:

- \postponenotes: works as footnote in text;
                                             (footnoteTABLE3)
- \automigrateinserts: works too but result looks like there are two
  columns (word 'column' is hyphenated);
                                             (footnoteTABLE4)
- \{start,stop}localfootnote: this gives a big gap between number and
  text in note;
                                             (footnoteTABLE2)
- \footnotetext -- \note: works as footnote in text.
                                             (footnoteTABLE)

>>P.S. I use ctx extension for context (mkiv) files.

> Use *.tex for your files, the ctx-extension for preprocessing files,
> see http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xmanipulate.pdf

OK, I'll change my files and templates.

---
WBW, Vladimir Lomov

--
People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of the
future.

[-- Attachment #2: footnoteTABLE.ctx --]
[-- Type: chemical/x-ctx, Size: 612 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: footnoteTABLE2.ctx --]
[-- Type: chemical/x-ctx, Size: 652 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #4: footnoteTABLE3.ctx --]
[-- Type: chemical/x-ctx, Size: 602 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #5: footnoteTABLE4.ctx --]
[-- Type: chemical/x-ctx, Size: 609 bytes --]

* Re: footnote in TABLE
@ 2010-05-19  9:31     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-19  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.05.10 11:21, schrieb Vladimir Lomov:
> Both methods work fine (preamble is part of document before \starttext I
> guess).

Yes, before \starttext or in a environment file.
> Do I understand it correctly that TABLE is NOT a float?

It's a float when you write it in \placetable or any other
\place... command.

Wolfgang