* Multiple citations at one position
       [not found] <mailman.1125.1274294564.4277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-05-19 20:01 ` Stefan Müller
From: Stefan Müller @ 2010-05-19 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I am citing several references at one position in my document and I was
wondering if there is a way to get something like "[1, 3, 9 - 11]" instead of
"[1] [3] [9] [10] [11]" (what I would get by using "\cite[ref1] \cite[ref3]
\cite[ref9] ..."). Unfortunately I can't find some deeper information about
\cite or \setupcite. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan.

* Re: Multiple citations at one position
@ 2010-05-19 20:39   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-05-19 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19-5-2010 10:01, Stefan Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am citing several references at one position in my document and I was
> wondering if there is a way to get something like "[1, 3, 9 - 11]" instead of
> "[1] [3] [9] [10] [11]" (what I would get by using "\cite[ref1] \cite[ref3]
> \cite[ref9] ..."). Unfortunately I can't find some deeper information about
> \cite or \setupcite. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

I'm rewriting the bibtex code (which is boring as I have to figure out
what it's about, even more as most bib test files are a mess.

For the moment it will run alongside the traditional mechanism but the
new one will have a compatibility mode at some point; some characteristics:

- multiple bibtex sessions and mixed styles in one document
- extensive filtering of entries (using the xml subsystem)
- a different method to set up the styles (apa etc)
- a bit of tracing
- access to the full database (or multiple databases)
- no more need for the bibtex program
- new functionality demanding on user input

I got a first version working but as I don't use bibliographies myself
it needs a bit of motivation to finish it soon. I'll probably ask others
to prepare the other styles but first I need to clean up some rough edges.

So, in due time we can do such things but you need a bit of patience.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-05-19 21:14     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-05-19 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 19 May 2010, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 19-5-2010 10:01, Stefan Müller wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>>  I am citing several references at one position in my document and I was
>>  wondering if there is a way to get something like "[1, 3, 9 - 11]" instead
>>  of
>>  "[1] [3] [9] [10] [11]" (what I would get by using "\cite[ref1]
>>  \cite[ref3]
>>  \cite[ref9] ..."). Unfortunately I can't find some deeper information
>>  about
>>  \cite or \setupcite. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>
> I'm rewriting the bibtex code (which is boring as I have to figure out what
> it's about, even more as most bib test files are a mess.
>
> For the moment it will run alongside the traditional mechanism but the new
> one will have a compatibility mode at some point; some characteristics:
>
> - multiple bibtex sessions and mixed styles in one document
> - extensive filtering of entries (using the xml subsystem)
> - a different method to set up the styles (apa etc)
> - a bit of tracing
> - access to the full database (or multiple databases)
> - no more need for the bibtex program
> - new functionality demanding on user input
>
> I got a first version working but as I don't use bibliographies myself it
> needs a bit of motivation to finish it soon. I'll probably ask others to
> prepare the other styles but first I need to clean up some rough edges.

If the internal mechanism is using XML, then CSL can be used for styles.
http://citationstyles.org/

(I don't know much about it other than the fact that it exists and is used
by Zotero)

Aditya

* Re: Multiple citations at one position
@ 2010-05-19 21:35   ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2010-05-19 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 19 mai à 22:01:25 Stefan Müller <warrence.stm@gmx.de> écrit notamment:

| Hi,
>
| I am citing several references at one position in my document and I was
| wondering if there is a way to get something like "[1, 3, 9 - 11]" instead of
| "[1] [3] [9] [10] [11]" (what I would get by using "\cite[ref1] \cite[ref3]
| \cite[ref9] ..."). Unfortunately I can't find some deeper information about
| \cite or \setupcite. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>
| Thanks in advance,
| Stefan.

Did you try "\cite[ref1,ref3,... ref9]" ?

--
Jean

* Re: Multiple citations at one position
@ 2010-05-19 21:54       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-05-19 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 19-5-2010 11:14, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> If the internal mechanism is using XML, then CSL can be used for styles.
> http://citationstyles.org/
>
> (I don't know much about it other than the fact that it exists and is
> used by Zotero)

i took a quick look at the ieee one and it looks quite dooable (after
all, one quickly arrives at somethign with delimiters and separators and
conditions and so ... always funny to see xml being used with
conditionals (always looks weird)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-05-20  5:52     ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-05-20  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dne 19.5.2010 23:35, Jean Magnan de Bornier napsal(a):
> Le 19 mai à 22:01:25 Stefan Müller<warrence.stm@gmx.de>  écrit notamment:
>
> | Hi,
>

> | I am citing several references at one position in my document and I was
> | wondering if there is a way to get something like "[1, 3, 9 - 11]" instead of
> | "[1] [3] [9] [10] [11]" (what I would get by using "\cite[ref1] \cite[ref3]
> | \cite[ref9] ..."). Unfortunately I can't find some deeper information about
> | \cite or \setupcite. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>

> | Thanks in advance,
> | Stefan.
>
> Did you try "\cite[ref1,ref3,... ref9]" ?

Yes, it is OK. I am using in MKIV for multiple citation
\cite[ref1,ref3,... ref9]
Last delimiter is setting due commands \setupcite, for example
default setting (for num style) is \setupcite[num][lastpubsep={ and }]
I am using \setupcite[num][lastpubsep={,\,}] ...

More informations about using bib module (\usemodule[bib]
\usemodule[bibltx]) is in Taco's document on:
http://www.tug.org/texlive/Contents/live/texmf-dist/doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf

Jaroslav

* Re: Multiple citations at one position
@ 2010-05-25  7:29   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-05-25  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stefan Müller wrote:

>>> With this example tex-file I only get "[1]".
>> Confirmed. This is a bug. The above example works correctly with MkII (if
>> you replace test.bib with an actual bib file)
>
> So it seems that the actual bug is only about the spaces. It would be rather
> convenient if I could put the spaces back in. TeXworks for example only wraps
> lines at spaces.

This should have been fixed in the latest current (2010.05.24).

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Multiple citations at one position
       [not found] <mailman.1.1274522402.28008.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-05-25  7:28 ` Stefan Müller
From: Stefan Müller @ 2010-05-25  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> When you put command \cite[ref1,ref2,ref3] % without spaces!!!
> then you get regular restult.
>
> Jaroslav

I confirm that it works as Jaroslav outlined: I get "[1-3]" when I drop the
spaces. Thank you very much.

@ 2010-05-22  2:58   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-05-22  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

When you put command \cite[ref1,ref2,ref3] % without spaces!!!
then you get regular restult.

Jaroslav

Here is my minimal example:

\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database={test.bib}, sort=author]
\setuppublications[alternative=ams]

\starttext
\section{Section}
\cite[ref1,ref2,ref3] % without spaces!!! With spaces i.e. \cite[ref1,
ref2, ref3] get wrong result

\completepublications[criterium=all]
%\placepublications % too for MKIV compilation
\stoptext

@ 2010-05-21 15:13   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-05-21 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.1130.1274343290.4277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>