* feauture request - no numbers on blank pages at chapter's end
       [not found] <AANLkTinG63gzCE9hLsZbzK8MNjfaVz7JUuq3b_zAim3t@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-05-20  9:07 ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2010-05-20  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

I don't know if it is only an idiosyncrasy of Polish typography but if
a chapter ends with a blank page it should not display its number. It
would be very useful if this could be an option (if not a default
behaviour) of \setuppagenumbering . It's not a huge problem and I
think I will not wait for a solution before sending my next book for
printing, but it would be nice if it appeared in the future.

Best

Piotr
--
http://okle.pl

* Re: feauture request - no numbers on blank pages at chapter's end
@ 2010-05-20  9:16   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-05-20  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I don't know if it is only an idiosyncrasy of Polish typography but if
> a chapter ends with a blank page it should not display its number. It
> would be very useful if this could be an option (if not a default
> behaviour) of \setuppagenumbering . It's not a huge problem and I
> think I will not wait for a solution before sending my next book for
> printing, but it would be nice if it appeared in the future.

Isn't this what \page[blank,right] is supposed to do?

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: feauture request - no numbers on blank pages at chapter's end
@ 2010-05-20  9:18   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-20  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.05.10 11:07, schrieb Piotr Kopszak:
> Hello list,
>
> I don't know if it is only an idiosyncrasy of Polish typography but if
> a chapter ends with a blank page it should not display its number. It
> would be very useful if this could be an option (if not a default
> behaviour) of \setuppagenumbering . It's not a huge problem and I
> think I will not wait for a solution before sending my next book for
> printing, but it would be nice if it appeared in the future.

This is mentioned here:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Titles#Truly_empty_pagebreak_before_chapters

You don't \definepagebreak as mentioned in the wiki because

   \setuphead[chapter][page={header,footer,right}]

is also valid.

Wolfgang

* Re: feauture request - no numbers on blank pages at chapter's end
@ 2010-05-20 10:53     ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2010-05-20 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

It would be handy to avoid inserting \page in  this case, I think.

@ 2010-05-20 10:58     ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2010-05-20 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, I know but even if it was working in all cases (and it is not,
for instace I need pagenumbers in the margin and it didn't work in
this case) it looks really, really ugly. Why not wrap something like
this in a definition and give users an option?

@ 2010-05-20 11:00       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-20 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.05.10 12:58, schrieb Piotr Kopszak:
> Yes, I know but even if it was working in all cases (and it is not,
> for instace I need pagenumbers in the margin and it didn't work in
> this case) it looks really, really ugly. Why not wrap something like
> this in a definition and give users an option?

Make a example and i can try to provide a solution.

Wolfgang

* Re: feauture request - no numbers on blank pages at chapter's end
@ 2010-05-20 11:05       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-20 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.05.10 12:53, schrieb Piotr Kopszak:
> It would be handy to avoid inserting \page in  this case, I think.

\setuphead[chapter][page={blank,right}]

Wolfgang

* Re: feauture request - no numbers on blank pages at chapter's end
@ 2010-05-20 11:21         ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2010-05-20 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Many thanks for your help!

First the file according to the wiki example. Works if location=footer
in \setuppagenumbering but not when

\definepagebreak
  [mychapterpagebreak]
  [yes,header,right]

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [page=mychapterpagebreak,footer=empty]
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location=margin]

\starttext
  \chapter{testA} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
  \chapter{testB} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
  \chapter{testC} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
\stoptext

Changing \setuphead to

\setuphead[chapter][page={blank,right}]

gets rid of the number on the chapter's title page (which I don't
want) and still leaves it on the left empty page facing the title
page. Not to mention the fact that pagenumbers appear only from page
10.

Piotr

@ 2010-05-21 10:59           ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-21 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.05.10 13:21, schrieb Piotr Kopszak:
> Many thanks for your help!
>
> First the file according to the wiki example. Works if location=footer
> in \setuppagenumbering but not when
>
> \definepagebreak
>    [mychapterpagebreak]
>    [yes,header,right]
>
> \setuphead
>    [chapter]
>    [page=mychapterpagebreak,footer=empty]
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location=margin]
>
> \starttext
>    \chapter{testA} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
>    \chapter{testB} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
>    \chapter{testC} \dorecurse{10}{\input tufte }
> \stoptext
>

> Changing \setuphead to
>
> \setuphead[chapter][page={blank,right}]
>
> gets rid of the number on the chapter's title page (which I don't
> want) and still leaves it on the left empty page facing the title
> page. Not to mention the fact that pagenumbers appear only from page 10.

This works for your minimal example:

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [page={yes,footer,right},
    footer=empty]

Wolfgang

* Re: feauture request - no numbers on blank pages at chapter's end
@ 2010-05-21 12:57             ` Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2010-05-21 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

That's very close indeed. Thanks for putting me on the right track!
What I wanted is rather:

\setuphead
 [chapter]
 [page={yes,footer,right},