* floatcombinations, localfloats [mkiv]
@ 2010-06-01  8:46 Thomas Floeren
From: Thomas Floeren @ 2010-06-01  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I can't get floatcombinations to work in mkiv:

\starttext
\placefigure [none]{}
{\startfloatcombination [2*1]
\placefigure {.}%
{\externalfigure [.]}
\placefigure {.}%
{\externalfigure [.]}
\stopfloatcombination}
\stoptext

(some definitions are missing: forcelocalfloats, resetlocalfloats, noflocalfloats)

Best wishes
Thomas

This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.1-2010052906 (Web2C 2010/pretest) (rev 3685)
ConTeXt  ver: 2010.06.01 00:18 MKIV  fmt: 2010.6.1  int: english/english

* Re: floatcombinations, localfloats [mkiv]
@ 2010-06-04  8:30 ` Marius
From: Marius @ 2010-06-04  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, I can't get it to work too. When we could expect it to be
fixed? Or maybe somebody knows a work around to place two floats side
by side?

@ 2010-06-04 13:39     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-06-04 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Rogutės Sparnuotos wrote:
> Marius (2010-06-04 11:30):
>> Hello, I can't get it to work too. When we could expect it to be
>> fixed? Or maybe somebody knows a work around to place two floats side
>> by side?

Looks like the bit of page-str.mkii that dealt with local floats
is not included in page-str.mkiv (which makes sense, as it looks
like it does not belong there).

Copying those macros verbatim into the test file works, so it
is probably just an oversight that they do not appear elsewhere
in mkiv. (see attachment)

Best wishes,
Taco

[-- Attachment #2: floats.tex --]

* Re: floatcombinations, localfloats [mkiv]
@ 2010-06-04 16:27   ` Rogutės Sparnuotos
From: Rogutės Sparnuotos @ 2010-06-04 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Marius (2010-06-04 11:30):
> Hello, I can't get it to work too. When we could expect it to be
> fixed? Or maybe somebody knows a work around to place two floats side
> by side?

MkII?

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos

* Re: floatcombinations, localfloats [mkiv]
@ 2010-06-04 18:25       ` Marius
From: Marius @ 2010-06-04 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you, Taco, your code works, but I have one more question.

My figures are placed side by side and its captions overlap, because I set

\setupcaptions  [width=0.8\textwidth]

How to set width parameter just for the captions of floatcombination?

@ 2010-06-04 19:47       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-06-04 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-6-2010 3:39, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Rogutės Sparnuotos wrote:
>> Marius (2010-06-04 11:30):
>>> Hello, I can't get it to work too. When we could expect it to be
>>> fixed? Or maybe somebody knows a work around to place two floats side
>>> by side?
>
> Looks like the bit of page-str.mkii that dealt with local floats
> is not included in page-str.mkiv (which makes sense, as it looks
> like it does not belong there).
>
> Copying those macros verbatim into the test file works, so it
> is probably just an oversight that they do not appear elsewhere
> in mkiv. (see attachment)

ok, will be fixed in next beta

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-06-04 19:52         ` Rogutės Sparnuotos
From: Rogutės Sparnuotos @ 2010-06-04 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Marius (2010-06-04 21:25):
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
> > Rogutės Sparnuotos wrote:
> >>
> >> Marius (2010-06-04 11:30):

> > Looks like the bit of page-str.mkii that dealt with local floats
> > is not included in page-str.mkiv (which makes sense, as it looks
> > like it does not belong there).
> >
> > Copying those macros verbatim into the test file works, so it
> > is probably just an oversight that they do not appear elsewhere
> > in mkiv. (see attachment)
>
> Thank you, Taco, your code works, but I have one more question.
>
> My figures are placed side by side and its captions overlap, because I set
>
> \setupcaptions  [width=0.8\textwidth]
>
> How to set width parameter just for the captions of floatcombination?

Most settings between

  \start
  \stop

are local, so you can simply do

\placefigure[none]{}{
  \startfloatcombination[2*1]
    \setupcaptions[width=fit]
    \placefigure[here]{}{\externalfigure[01]}
    \placefigure[here]{}{\externalfigure[02]}
  \stopfloatcombination
}

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos