Michael Murphy wrote: > > Thanks for the code, but that turns out not to help. The problem seems > to be when I want to have references in footnotes (see attached minimal > example). Ok, now I see. Attached is a new version of min_bib_fn.tex that fixes citations in footnotes. However ... something totally weird happens in the current context and beta's: the footnote appears to be repeated inside the body text. For some reason I do not understand, \placepublications also seems to process the footnote list (and because there is no proper definition for handling them, rubbish appears on the top of the publication list). This problem is not caused by the \cite inside the \footnote, nor by the redefinition of \cite, it happens without those as well. Best wishes, Taco