* Two \framed texts, one below the other
@ 2010-06-14 22:56 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2010-06-14 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!

When I say

\framed{a}
\framed{b}

there is some space between frames.  How can I turn it off?

I want to say something like

\framed[bottomframe=off]{top left \hss top right}
\framed[topframe=off]{center}

to get

|top left                             top right|
|                                              |
|                    center                    |
|                                              |
|                                              |

Is there a better way to do something like this?

Regards

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.pl)

* Re: Two \framed texts, one below the other
@ 2010-06-15  7:10 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-06-15  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> When I say
>
> \framed{a}
> \framed{b}
>
> there is some space between frames.  How can I turn it off?

  \starttext
\offinterlineskip
\framed[bottomframe=off,width=5in]{top left \hfill top right}
\framed[topframe=off,width=5in]{center}
\stoptext

> Is there a better way to do something like this?

Depending on your actual use case, layers or a table may be more
suited than \framed.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Two \framed texts, one below the other
@ 2010-06-15  8:20   ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2010-06-15  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dnia Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 09:10:40AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater napisał(a):
> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> >Hi all!
> >
> >When I say
> >
> >\framed{a}
> >\framed{b}
> >
> >there is some space between frames.  How can I turn it off?
>
>  \starttext
> \offinterlineskip
> \framed[bottomframe=off,width=5in]{top left \hfill top right}
> \framed[topframe=off,width=5in]{center}
> \stoptext

Thanks!  Of course, \nointerlineskip between two \framed commands works,
too.

> >Is there a better way to do something like this?
>
> Depending on your actual use case, layers or a table may be more
> suited than \framed.

OK, so now I have a question: what am I doing wrong?

\starttext

\definelayer[lyr][width=\overlaywidth,height=\overlayheight,preset=lefttop]
\defineoverlay[ovl][lyr][overlay]
\framed[width=10cm,height=4cm,background=ovl]{Framed text}

\stoptext

I want to have something like this:

+-----------------------+
|overlay                |
|      Framed text      |
|                       |
+-----------------------+

> Best wishes,
> Taco

Regards

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.pl)

People can be divided into 10 groups: those who like the binary system
and those who don't.

* Re: Two \framed texts, one below the other
@ 2010-06-15  8:35     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-06-15  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> Dnia Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 09:10:40AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater napisał(a):
>> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> When I say
>>>
>>> \framed{a}
>>> \framed{b}
>>>
>>> there is some space between frames.  How can I turn it off?
>>  \starttext
>> \offinterlineskip
>> \framed[bottomframe=off,width=5in]{top left \hfill top right}
>> \framed[topframe=off,width=5in]{center}
>> \stoptext
>
> Thanks!  Of course, \nointerlineskip between two \framed commands works,
> too.
>
>>> Is there a better way to do something like this?
>> Depending on your actual use case, layers or a table may be more
>> suited than \framed.
>
> OK, so now I have a question: what am I doing wrong?

This works :

\starttext

\definelayer[lyr][width=\overlaywidth,height=\overlayheight]
\defineoverlay[ovl][{\directsetup{lyr}\tightlayer[lyr]}]

\startsetups lyr
\setlayer[lyr][preset=lefttop]{left top}
\setlayer[lyr][preset=righttop]{right top}
\stopsetups

\framed[width=10cm,height=4cm,background=ovl]{Framed text}

\stoptext

* It is important to have the \setlayer commands as part of
the overlay definition (hence \directsetup) because otherwise
\overlaywidth and \overlayheight have the wrong values.

Best wishes,
Taco