* top layer / numbered layers?
@ 2010-07-02  8:35 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-07-02  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

While I wait for a solution of the mtxrun error, another question:

I know how to use layers or overlays as backgrounds. How can I get a
layer *above* the "normal" text plane?

say...

\definelayer[PageTop][x=0mm,y=0mm,width=\paperwidth,height=
\paperheight,repeat=yes]
\setupforegrounds[page][background=PageTop]

\setlayer[PageTop][hoffset=10mm, voffset=10mm]{%
\externalfigure[koe][with=40mm]}

I just found that \framed knows "foreground=", but as far as I could
find there's nothing like \setupforegrounds or \setuplayers.

An idea:

It would be nice if we just could use some number defining above or
below main text like in:

\definelayer[PageTop][x=0mm,y=0mm,width=\paperwidth,height=
\paperheight,repeat=yes,layer=1]

positive numbers would be above main text, layer=-1 would be below; 0
is reserved for main text.
This way we could stack layers more easily, similar to z-index in CSS.
What do you think?

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: top layer / numbered layers?
@ 2010-07-02  8:42 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-07-02  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.07.10 10:35, schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm:
> While I wait for a solution of the mtxrun error, another question:
>
> I know how to use layers or overlays as backgrounds. How can I get a
> layer *above* the "normal" text plane?
>
> say...
>
> \definelayer[PageTop][x=0mm,y=0mm,width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight,repeat=yes]
>
> \setupforegrounds[page][background=PageTop]
>
> \setlayer[PageTop][hoffset=10mm, voffset=10mm]{%
> \externalfigure[koe][with=40mm]}
>
> I just found that \framed knows "foreground=", but as far as I could
> find there's nothing like \setupforegrounds or \setuplayers.

You can use the 'foreground' value:

\setup...[...,background={<behind the text>,foreground,<before the
text>},...]

Wolfgang