On 07/03/2010 12:19 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote: > On 07/03/2010 10:03 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote: >> >>> If this is too complicated, it might help if I can find out if a given >>> point lies inside a given cycled path. >> >> Even this is fairly tricky. Some important questions are: > > I thought this was a neat thing to try to write a macro for. Attached > is a test file that defines a macro inside() that takes two arguments: > a point and a cyclic path. It returns true if the point lies inside > that path, in most cases. There are lots of problems with it; > what happens to a point actually on the curve is basically undefined, > and self-intersects sometimes make it fail in interesting ways. Here is a somewhat smarter version of the same macro. This one seems ok at first glance (extensive testing will probably show border cases that are not covered). Best wishes, Taco