* problem with publication lists in mkiv
@ 2010-07-15  7:11 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-07-15  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

Hi all,

since a few betas ago, I'm experiencing the problem that some commands add unwanted vertical space in mkiv. I think this is the case with \writetolist, but I need to prepare an example for that. I have prepared an example for publication lists: the following code produces the expected output in mkii. In mkiv, it adds vertical space for every item that is added to the bibliography. Maybe some unescaped line-endings somewhere in the code?

All best

Thomas

\startpublication[k=intertestualita,t=book,
a={intertestualita},y=1995,
n=2552,s=int95]
\pubyear{1995}
\title{Atti del convegno internazionale \quotation{Intertestualit{\`a}}: il
  \quotation{dialogo} fra testi nelle letterature classiche: Cagliari, 24--26
  novembre 1994}
\city{Amsterdam}
\pubname{Hakkert}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=gibsonlearning,t=article,
a={gibsonlearning},y=2004,
n=991,s=gib04]
\pubyear{2004}
\arttitle{Learning Greek History in the Ancient Classroom: the Evidence of the
  Treatises on Progymnasmata}
\journal{Classical Philology}
\volume{99}
\pages{103--129}
\stoppublication

\startpublication[k=ackrillaristotle,t=book,
a={{Ackrill}},y=1981,
n=305,s=Ack81]
\author[]{J.~L.}[J.~L.]{}{Ackrill}
\pubyear{1981}
\title{Aristotle the Philosopher}
\city{Oxford}
\pubname{Oxford UP}
\stoppublication

\setuppublications[state=start]

\starttext

\section{Edited Volumes}

test test test test test test test test test test test test test test

\nocite[intertestualita,gibsonlearning,ackrillaristotle]

\placepublications[criterium=cite]

\stoptext

* Re: problem with publication lists in mkiv
@ 2010-07-22 10:58 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-07-22 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, I'm replying to my own question to add one further detail: I have now found a minimal example that demonstrates the error with \writetolist: if you process the following file with mkiv, a spurious vertical space is added before the first line of text; everything works as expected in mkii. And the vertical space in the bibliography (shown in the example below) is still unsolved. So there definitely is a bug somewhere in mkiv.

All best

Thomas

\definelist[MyTopics][criterium=all]

\setuplist[MyTopics]
          [pagenumber=no]

\showframe

\starttext

\writetolist[MyTopics]{Word}{} Hello

\stoptext

@ 2010-07-22 14:38   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-07-22 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22-7-2010 12:58, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> OK, I'm replying to my own question to add one further detail: I have now found a minimal example that demonstrates the error with \writetolist: if you process the following file with mkiv, a spurious vertical space is added before the first line of text; everything works as expected in mkii. And the vertical space in the bibliography (shown in the example below) is still unsolved. So there definitely is a bug somewhere in mkiv.

is the current beta better?

> All best
>
> Thomas
>
> \definelist[MyTopics][criterium=all]
>
> \setuplist[MyTopics]
>            [pagenumber=no]
>
> \showframe
>
> \starttext
>
> \writetolist[MyTopics]{Word}{} Hello
>
> \stoptext
>
> On Jul 15, 2010, at 9:11 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> since a few betas ago, I'm experiencing the problem that some commands add unwanted vertical space in mkiv. I think this is the case with \writetolist, but I need to prepare an example for that. I have prepared an example for publication lists: the following code produces the expected output in mkii. In mkiv, it adds vertical space for every item that is added to the bibliography. Maybe some unescaped line-endings somewhere in the code?
>>
>> All best
>>
>> Thomas
>>
>> \startpublication[k=intertestualita,t=book,
>> a={intertestualita},y=1995,
>> n=2552,s=int95]
>> \pubyear{1995}
>> \title{Atti del convegno internazionale \quotation{Intertestualit{\`a}}: il
>>   \quotation{dialogo} fra testi nelle letterature classiche: Cagliari, 24--26
>>   novembre 1994}
>> \city{Amsterdam}
>> \pubname{Hakkert}
>> \stoppublication
>>
>> \startpublication[k=gibsonlearning,t=article,
>> a={gibsonlearning},y=2004,
>> n=991,s=gib04]
>> \pubyear{2004}
>> \arttitle{Learning Greek History in the Ancient Classroom: the Evidence of the
>>   Treatises on Progymnasmata}
>> \journal{Classical Philology}
>> \volume{99}
>> \pages{103--129}
>> \stoppublication
>>

>> \startpublication[k=ackrillaristotle,t=book,
>> a={{Ackrill}},y=1981,
>> n=305,s=Ack81]
>> \author[]{J.~L.}[J.~L.]{}{Ackrill}
>> \pubyear{1981}
>> \title{Aristotle the Philosopher}
>> \city{Oxford}
>> \pubname{Oxford UP}
>> \stoppublication
>>

>> \setuppublications[state=start]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \section{Edited Volumes}
>>
>> test test test test test test test test test test test test test test
>>
>> \nocite[intertestualita,gibsonlearning,ackrillaristotle]
>>
>> \placepublications[criterium=cite]
>>
>> \stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-07-22 14:57     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-07-22 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen; +Cc: mailing ConTeXt users list for

On Jul 22, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 22-7-2010 12:58, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>> OK, I'm replying to my own question to add one further detail: I have now found a minimal example that demonstrates the error with \writetolist: if you process the following file with mkiv, a spurious vertical space is added before the first line of text; everything works as expected in mkii. And the vertical space in the bibliography (shown in the example below) is still unsolved. So there definitely is a bug somewhere in mkiv.
>
> is the current beta better?

Partially: the vertical space with \writetolist is gone; but no bibliography is produced :-)

Thomas

* Re: problem with publication lists in mkiv
@ 2010-07-22 15:01       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-07-22 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas A. Schmitz; +Cc: mailing ConTeXt users list for

On 22-7-2010 4:57, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> On 22-7-2010 12:58, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>>> OK, I'm replying to my own question to add one further detail: I have now found a minimal example that demonstrates the error with \writetolist: if you process the following file with mkiv, a spurious vertical space is added before the first line of text; everything works as expected in mkii. And the vertical space in the bibliography (shown in the example below) is still unsolved. So there definitely is a bug somewhere in mkiv.
>>
>> is the current beta better?
>
> Partially: the vertical space with \writetolist is gone; but no bibliography is produced :-)

so what was that small test file?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-07-22 15:35         ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-07-22 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen; +Cc: mailing ConTeXt users list for

On Jul 22, 2010, at 5:01 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> so what was that small test file?
>
> Hans

Here comes: