* two problems for bib module
@ 2010-07-19  8:51 Li Yanrui (李延瑞)
From: Li Yanrui (李延瑞) @ 2010-07-19  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have the following problems when I use the bib module.

1. For the cite of 'authoryear', how to make it being clickable link?

This is a minimum example:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%% filename: test.tex
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setupbibtex[database=ref]

\setupcite[authoryear]
\setuppublications[refcommand=authoryear]

\starttext

A: \cite[zixuwuyou].

\title{References}
\placepublications[criterium=all]

\stoptext

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

%% filename: ref.bib
@article{zixuwuyou,
  title={{Several problems for bib module}},
  author={Zhou, Y. and Suri, S. and Yanry, L.},
  journal={Journal of Bala bala},
  volume={46},
  number={6},
  pages={833--857},
  year={1999},
  publisher={Bala Bala}
}

2. In .bib file for Chinese (maybe cjk more exact) references, because
the 'and' separator can not work, we have to use some Chinese
punctuations as separator, such as Chinese comma. In this case, the
cite of author's "et.al." can not work.

The following is an example (needed AdobeSongStd-Light.otf).

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%% filename: test.tex

\starttypescript[serif][zhfont]
\definefontsynonym[western][name:latinmodernromanregular]
\definefontfallback[song][name:adobesongstd][0x00400-0x2FA1F]
\definefontsynonym[fbsong][western][fallbacks=song]
\definefontsynonym[Serif][fbsong]
\definefontsynonym[SerifItalic][fbsong]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[myfonts]
\definetypeface[myfonts][rm][serif][zhfont]
\stoptypescript

\usetypescript[myfonts]
\setupbodyfont[myfonts,rm,11pt]

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setupbibtex[database=ref]

\setupcite[authoryear][andtext={,}]
\setuppublications[refcommand=authoryear,sorttype=bbl]

\starttext

A: \cite[谢2008]

\title{References}
\placepublications[criterium=all]

\stoptext

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%% filename: ref.bib

@article{谢2008,
  title={中国工业生产率的增长与收敛},
  author={谢千里,罗斯基,张轶凡},
  journal={经济学(季刊)},
  volume={7},
  number={3},
  pages={809--826},
  year={2008}
}

--
Best regards,

Li Yanrui (李延瑞)

* Re: two problems for bib module
@ 2010-07-22 12:27 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2010-07-22 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Yanrui,

I'm afraid I can't really help you with your problems; I have just a thought on # 2.: at it's core, bibtex is still a 7-bit application. Development on replacements has begun - there's bibtexu, which is in TL2010, there's biber; none of them is quite mature yet. If memory serves right, Hans said that in the future, he wants to bypass bibtex altogether and develop something of his own. So, long story short: if you use Chinese characters in a .bib file, it's hit-or-miss; it's unreliable and may or may not work. There's nothing ConTeXt can do about that as things stand now.

All best

Thomas

@ 2010-07-22 15:06   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-07-22 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)