* Multiple Footnote Threads
@ 2006-03-01 13:37 Bob Norton
From: Bob Norton @ 2006-03-01 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Using ConTeXt, I would like to have multiple footnote threads in a
document. For example, one thread might be for the reader, another for
a particular reviewer, and another for my own editing notes or
comments forrequired future work. Each thread should be indexed by a
different set of symbols, and placed at the bottom of the page or at
the end of the text or document as desired. I have found this to be a
good way to work. However, I can't find a way to do this in ConTeXt.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in  advance,

Rob Walton

* Re: Multiple Footnote Threads
@ 2006-03-01 16:48 ` Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2006-03-01 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1 Mar 2006, at 13:37, Bob Norton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using ConTeXt, I would like to have multiple footnote threads in a
> document.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks in  advance,
>
> Rob Walton

Rob,

This was sent to the list by someone some time ago. I kept the
example since I need footnote layers occasionally myself.
Unfortunately I didn't keep the name of the donor.

\definenote[thanks][conversion=set 2]
\definenote[lemma][conversion=set 3]

\usetypescript[modern][ec]
\setupbodyfont[10pt,rm]

\starttext
A. U. Thor\thanks[Misk]{A. U. Thor and W.H. Gates, III, are at
Miskatonic U.},
A. N. Onymouse\thanks{A. N. Onymouse is at Shoggoth Enterprises.}, and
W. H. Gates, III\note[Misk]

Here\lemma{A piece of biblical text} is a footnote.\footnote{a note}

Footnotes\footnote{another note} return here\lemma{A piece of
biblical text}.
\stoptext

Charlie Doherty