* beta
@ 2010-08-10 15:39 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-10 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta with some bugfixes and new features

= bookmarks:

force forces subject into the bookmarks:

\placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection,subsubsection,subject][all][force=yes]

dedicated optional configuration:

\setupbookmarks[numberstarter=<,numberstopper=>]

control over numbers:

\setupbookmarks[number=no]    % for any following
\placebookmarks...[number=no] % for given entries

you can give multiple \placebookmarks commands as they accumulate

= sectioning

\placelist[chapter][criterium=text,interaction=all]

with

\setuphead[chapter][interaction=list]

you also get backlinks

= pdf/x

Peter and I sorted out some issues and believe that we now have a
reasonable interface. Examples are in pdf-x*.mkiv in the distribution.

\setupbackend
   [format=valid pdf/x name,
    profile=name.icc,
    intent=name.icc,
    level=compresslevel, % default 3
    file=optional specification file,
    option=always|never]

(I'll make a --directives=backend.showformats one of these days.)

Peter will probably have some more explanation later (what formats,
tracing, when to use what, etc). We hope to wrap it up in an article
some day.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2019-10-28 18:20 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-10-28 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. In lmtx there is now a bit more advanced support for
svg. A preliminary manual is included that explains a few things.

As a teaser ... it is also possible to embed svg code, as in:

\startbuffer[svgtest]
<svg>
     <circle
         cx="50" cy="50" r="40"
         stroke="green" stroke-width="10" stroke-opacity="0.3"
         fill="red" fill-opacity="0.3"
     />
     <circle
         cx="150" cy="50" r="40"
         stroke="green" stroke-width="10"
         fill="red"
         opacity="0.3"
     />
</svg>
\stopbuffer

\startTEXpage
     \includesvgbuffer[svgtest]
\stopTEXpage

\startTEXpage
     \includesvgbuffer[svgtest][offset=2bp]
\stopTEXpage

or in metapost disguise:

\startMPpage
     vardef svg expr c = lmt_svg [ code = c ] enddef ;

     draw svg "<svg>
         <circle
             cx='50' cy='50' r='40'
             stroke='green' stroke-width='10' stroke-opacity='0.3'
             fill='red' fill-opacity='0.3'
         />
         <circle
             cx='150' cy='50' r='40'
             stroke='green' stroke-width='10'
             fill='red'
             opacity='0.3'
         />
     </svg>" ;
\stopMPpage

It is not a replacement for metapost (which is more efficient runtime
anbyway) but for artistic images a mixture might work out ok.

In principle inclusion with externalfigure also works when
conversion=mps is set but, although I have some 1500 test images, not
all might work out well. There can be a lot of crap be hidden in svg
files and angle brackets are no guarantee for properly structured
images. Especially fonts can be troublesome. On the other hand, if one
has very structured input, text labels can be swapped for propertly
typeset ones (like math), but that's for later to explain (experimental
stuff). We'll see.

Hans

* beta
@ 2019-09-29 14:31 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-09-29 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

A week ago we had the (nice and pleasant) annual context meeting and as
usual some new stuff has been presented there which was not yet in the
distribution at that moment. Some pending code is now being moved into
the distribution. Part is font related (lmtx only, not relevant for most
users), most is metafun (luametafun or metafun xl or whatever name
suits) related (including a new preliminary manual) which uses some new
interfaces and therefore (currently) is lmtx only.

At the meeting Mojca and Harald did some experiments with the whole
range of raspberry pi's (as part of upgrading the compile farm with a pi
4). The outcomes can be found at

https://meeting.contextgarden.net/2019/talks/2019-09-20-harald-pi/to_pi_or_not_to_pi.pdf

(There are some more slides there.)

Because running tex on a 4 (with plenty of memory and an external ssd)
is more reasonable than on the older models, I've added an lmtx
installer for the pi. Some measurements with (really) simple runs show
that performance is 3-4 times less than my laptop, which is not that bad
(it helps that the 4 has a decent ethernet and usb3 bus); I don't know
about more complex tests.

Hans

* beta
@ 2019-04-04 13:16 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-04-04 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta (as we're now post current again). The lmtx
installation is normally also updated in sync but sometimes can be a bit
ahead as I myself use that as default.

Hans

* beta
@ 2018-06-23  8:25 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2018-06-23  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> On Linux armhf i get with the same context and luatex:

1.09.0 is varying. Please see Development id by
luatex --credits

Best,
Akira

* beta
@ 2018-06-22 23:14 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2018-06-22 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> I get the same error after the update with
>
> \starttext
> \externalfigure[A]
> \stoptext
>
> where A.pdf is in the current folder. I'm on windows 10.

Here it works OK:

LuaTeX, Version 1.09.0
Development id: 6822

Thanks,
Akira

* beta
@ 2018-06-22 14:09 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-06-22 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta (with an seeindex fix). If you use betas for
production, best save your current one as there are some changes deep
down in the pdf inclusion. This relates to upcoming luatex using
different pdf inclusion code in the backend (plus a new pdf library that
replaces the current one).

I don't expect real problems but i might have touched some context code
in the process with possible side effects. Nothing that can't be fixed
easily.

Hans

* beta
@ 2018-04-19 12:37 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-04-19 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Also in upcoming:

The auto variants \NA \BA will loop over colors:

\setuptabulate[foregroundcolor=white]
\setuptabulate[backgroundcolor:1=darkred]
\setuptabulate[backgroundcolor:2=darkgreen]
\setuptabulate[backgroundcolor:3=darkblue]

\starttabulate[|||]
     \BA foo foo foo \BC bar bar bar bar \NC \NR
     \BA foo foo foo \BC bar bar bar bar \NC \NR
     \BA foo foo foo \BC bar bar bar bar \NC \NR
     \BA foo foo foo \BC bar bar bar bar \NC \NR
     \BA foo foo foo \BC bar bar bar bar \NC \NR
     \BA foo foo foo \BC bar bar bar bar \NC \NR
\stoptabulate

* beta
@ 2017-08-06 14:11 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-08-06 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

in next beta

% \setuphead[chapter][after={\markpage[chapter][+1]}]
\setuphead[chapter][after={\markpage[chapter]\blank[2*big]}]

\defineoverlay
   [whatever]
   [\doifelsemarkedpage{chapter}{CHAPTER}{}]

\setupbackgrounds
   [page]
   [background=whatever]

\starttext
     test \page test \page test \chapter{OEPS}

@ 2017-03-21 13:46 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-03-21 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

The beta has some new font trickery: support for variable fonts. This is
still experimental but around the context meeting i expect the user
interface etc to be stable. There is a bit of magic involved in the
transformations along design axis because not only shapes change but
also positional features get influenced (e.g kerning).

Variable fonts are defined in the opentype 1.8 standard but there isnot
much more known about them. There are a few example fonts already out
there. The only reasonable ones i could find were Avenir Next Variable
and Adobe Variable Font Prototype (which is a rip off of some other
font). I have no clue how well these fonts are because I guess that
getting all the features right is not that trivial (so it's hard to
decide if something weird is due to the font or to context but we'll get
there eventually).

Using these fonts should be transparent in the sense that it should just
work. As the shapes are transformed along axis the pdf has to get the
right stuff and currently there are two methods: inline shapes (it's how
i explored things) and native. For native one needs a version of luatex
with a trivial extension (most works happens in the font loader) and
that version (1.05) will be released on the garden after the tl code
freeze (tl will have 1.04). One can force inline shapes but it will be
done automatically when one runs a luatex that lacks the small extension
needed.

Anyway, it provides users a way to play a bit with this new technology
so that we can come up with a (maybe more extensive) user interface in
context. It also permits WS to adapt his selectfont mechanism.

\definefontfeature
   [default:shaped]
   [default]
   [axis={width:900,weight:100}]

\definefont
   [SomeFont]
   [name:avenirnextvariable*default]
\SomeFont \input ward\par

\definefont
   [SomeFont]
   [name:avenirnextvariable*default:shaped]
\SomeFont \input ward\par

\definefont
   [SomeFont]
   [name:avenirnextvariableregular*default]
\SomeFont \input ward\par

\definefont
   [SomeFont]
   [name:avenirnextvariablemedium*default]
\SomeFont \input ward\par

\definefont
   [SomeFont]
   [name:adobevariablefontprototypeextralight*default]   \SomeFont
\input ward\par

\definefont
   [SomeFont]
   [name:adobevariablefontprototypelight*default]
\SomeFont \input ward\par

etc etc

So, one can either use a predefined instance or ask for a user defined
instance. The s-fonts-variable.mkiv style can be used to identify
proprties, as can

   mtxrun --script font --list  --pattern=aven* --info

which returns, among other things

mtx-fonts       |
mtx-fonts       | instances : regular medium bold heavy condensed
mediumcondensed boldcondensed heavycondensed
mtx-fonts       |

So, keep in mind that it's experimental and will evolve in sync with my
understanding of what the standard expects.

Hans

* beta
@ 2016-06-08 14:41 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-06-08 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. This version has (experimental) support for color
fonts. (not to be confused with 'coloring text in a font').

\definefontfeature[svg]    [default][svg=yes]
\definefontfeature[colored][default][colr=yes]

% \definefont[Emoj][file:emojionecolor-svginot.ttf*default,svg]
% \definefont[Emoj][file:seguiemj.ttf*default,colored]

\definesymbol[bug1][\getglyphdirect{file:emojionecolor-svginot.ttf*svg}{\char"1F41B}]
\definesymbol[bug2][\getglyphdirect{file:seguiemj.ttf*colored}
{\char"1F41B}]

\startTEXpage [width=10em,align=middle,offset=1em]
     There are several kind of bugs, like \symbol [bug1] and \symbol [bug2],
     also in \CONTEXT !
\stopTEXpage

The colr features uses (if present) the overlay method (microsoft fonts
have that) which is quite clean and efficient, while the svg one uses
(when present) svg information from the font. Caching the later one will
take some initial time (due to conversion, i might figure out something
better) and needs inkscape installed.

Attached an example. I didn't look too extensively for a font, but on
the agenda is turning the cowfont in a color one (maybe for the ctx
meeting). At some point I might add overloading of colors (for the
overlay variant).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

[-- Attachment #2: colors-002.pdf --]
[-- Type: application/x-pdf, Size: 22184 bytes --]

* beta
@ 2016-05-07 12:51 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-05-07 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. This one has an (partially) alternative loader for
type one files so that we can apply features as with open type fonts
(node mode). I didn't test it extensively but I dont' expect many
problems either.

Hans

* beta
@ 2016-01-30  9:23 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2016-01-30  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Doesn’t work here.
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.88.0 (TeX Live 2016/dev)  (INITEX)

Here there is no problem with
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.89.0 (TeX Live 2016/W32TeX/dev)

Does the version 2016.01.29 19:00 require beta-0.89.0?

Best,
Akira

* beta
@ 2016-01-29 15:12 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-01-29 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. Apart from things mentioned here th emost important
change is the xml entity handler, some additions to the command setup
code, and a few extra \xml* helpers (plus some obscure removed). So, if
you have a critical xml flow, snapshot your tree first.

Hans

* beta
@ 2015-12-21 15:42 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-12-21 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

A few words on luatex 0.87 and the beta. As we're progressing to the
first stable luatex release (stable in the sense that functionality will
become stable, after 1.0 we will continue anyway) a couple of changes
take place. And as context is the primary testbed it gets adapted too.

(1) Luatex functionality gets finalized which means that some gets
removed, some adapted and some extended. The last months not much
changed in context in terms of functionality but adapting to luatex
canhave temporary side effects as you might have noticed.

(2) Luatex functionality that was already present but not yet used gets
applied and again this should normally not have side effects. It might
result in new (or extended) features.

(3) Context code gets optimized but I must admit that there is not much
room left for that. Some new luatex functionality makes it possible to
code a bit less redundant (handy for tracing). That can result in left
over bit and pieces, typos etc. Lucky us we have Wolfgang to check that.

(4) Performance should be a little better but also depends on the source
and quality of styles. If you encounter bottlenecks and can prove that
it's due to poor context core performance I can have a look at it.

(5) The new font loader is now used and still can have some issues but
in general it behaves okay.

(6) There are still some mechanisms that need to be mkiv'd. For instance
I'm looking at columnsets. Some of the oldest code (early luatex)
probably needs to be checked.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2015-09-09 20:08 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-09-09 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta with the usual fixes and improvements (mentioned on
the list). I also redid some of the marginal anchoring, so problems
might show up there. The reason for this 'upgrade' is that I want more
control over right2left typesetting (especially because we have mixed use).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2015-03-30 21:41 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-03-30 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta (with again a bunch of low level interface
changes) + some fixed.

Wolfgang: can you check selectfont?

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2015-03-26 18:24 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-03-26 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta (for luatex 0.80) that has some changes in low level
interfaces. Hopefully there are no side effects but there are they can
be sorted out fast. I tested the code on projects and manuals so it
should not be too bad. Depending on how complex your setup up is, there
can be a speed gain of some 5% compared to previous versions.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2015-03-25 21:29 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-03-25 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. This is the last one that works with luatex < 0.80
but the good news is that the contextgarden has 0.80. I will start
moving in some new code now so if you don't want any risks you need to
snapshot your context tree.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2014-11-26 19:28 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-11-26 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. The most interesting new thing is that the Lua
based hyphenator is now better integrated. I showed that one (plus some
features) at the last context meeting, and decided to clean it up a bit
and prepare it for extensions. It might become the default hyphenator at
some point. Performance is quite ok, especially when you take into
account that the amount of time spent on hyphenating is not that large.

You can test it with:

\setuphyhenation[method=traditional]

enables it and as by default we are a bit more tolerant to what a word
is, you can enforce a more strict behaviour with

\sethyphenationfeatures[strict]

It is possible to control some aspects (even within a paragraph) but
some of that is experimental. I'm working on a manual that explains
details about how hyphenation works and how one can write plugins.

There is already support for explicit hyphens and joiners (the default
set) and patterns as discussed in "Hyphenation in OpenOffice.org"
(TUGboat, Volume 27, 2006) should also work; you can for instance
register additional patterns like this:

\registerhyphenationpattern[en][eigh1tee/t=t,5,1]

But that's for the happy few who understand and/or love such weird
syntaxes. Anyway, this is the time to ask for more if you are in need,

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2014-11-03 23:52 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-11-03 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I reorganized some list code so if something fails in the new beta ...
nothing drastic that can't be fixed fast (a few more criteria were
needed for the new bibliographic support).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2014-10-14 10:04 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-10-14 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

new in next beta:

\setuphead[alternative=reverse]

\starttext

     \chapter{Foo}
         \section{One}
         \section{Two}
         \section{Three}
     \chapter{Bar}
         \section{One}
         \section{Two}
         \section{Three}

\stoptext

renders

Foo 1
One 1.1

etc

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2013-09-30 18:10 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-09-30 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta (still catching up from last week). The core now
has the simplefonts-turned-fontselector code included but only those
present last week have the edge of knowing how to use it unless WS
decides to reveal its secrets and/or LS undiscloses it by posting source
code.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2013-09-17 12:59 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-09-17 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

A new (experimental) feature:

\setupbodyfont[dejavu]

\showglyphs

\starttext

     Is it \mixedcaps{OpenType} or {\bf actually more
\mixedcaps{CloseType}}?

     \definefont[MixedCaps][CurrentFont*default cp
\the\dimexpr1.05\exheight]

     Is it \mixedcaps{OpenType} or {\bf actually more
\mixedcaps{CloseType}}?

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2013-09-09 18:01 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-09-09 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta with additional bidi code. There are now three methods:

default : the original one, the fastest, wil be improved a bit
one     : unicode bidi, derived from khaleds t-bidi, cleaned up and
optimized plus some thingies, but in working still close to the original
two     : unicode bidi, the version that will evolve

All methods come with the usual context kind of tracing.

Some of these methods have different options (default has local and
global behaviour), one has no options, and for two one can disable fancy
fences heuristics. More will follow once we have investigated all
upcoming changes, circulating wishes, conflicting demands etc.
Eventually there will be a manual about these matters.

Here is an example (follow up on some post about hebrew on this list):

\starttext

\definefont[arabicfont][arabtype*arabic at 20pt]
\definefont[hebrewfont][arial*hebrew    at 12pt]

\startbuffer[fences]
\hebrewfont
ש)ל(א    none\par
ש(ל]א    none\par
ש(ל)א    2-4\par
ש(ל[א)כ] 2-6\par
ש(ל]א)כ  2-6\par
ש(ל)א)כ  2-4\par
ש(ל(א)כ  4-6\par
ש(ל(א)כ) 2-8, 4-6\par
ש(ל[א]כ) 2-8, 4-6\par
\stopbuffer

\startbuffer[junk]
\hebrewfont
\dorecurse{100}{
     \dorecurse{20}{
         שלום (אני) כותבשלום (אני) $ $ כותבשלום (אני) $x$ כותבשלום (אני)
\ruledhbox {hans כותבשלום}
         (אני) כותבשלום (אני) כותבשלום (אני) כותבשלום (אני) כותבשלום
(אני) כותבשלום (אני) כותבשלום (אני) כותב
     }
     \par
}
\stopbuffer

\setupalign[r2l,verytolerant]

\start
     \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=default]
     \getbuffer[fences] \blank
\stop

\start
     \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=one]
     \enabletrackers[typesetters.directions.one]
     \enabletrackers[typesetters.directions.one.details]
     \getbuffer[fences] \blank
     \disabletrackers[typesetters.directions.one]
     \disabletrackers[typesetters.directions.one.details]
\stop

\start
     \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=two,fences=yes]
     \enabletrackers[typesetters.directions.two]
     \enabletrackers[typesetters.directions.two.details]
     \getbuffer[fences] \blank
     \disabletrackers[typesetters.directions.two]
     \disabletrackers[typesetters.directions.two.details]
\stop

\start
     \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=two,fences=no]
     \enabletrackers[typesetters.directions.two]
     \enabletrackers[typesetters.directions.two.details]
     \getbuffer[fences] \blank
     \disabletrackers[typesetters.directions.two]
     \disabletrackers[typesetters.directions.two.details]
\stop

\page

\start
     \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=two]
     \getbuffer[junk] \blank
\stop

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2013-08-22 14:06 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-08-22 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Some new magic in the beta ...

\setupbodyfont[pagella]

\starttext

     \setupindenting[medium,yes]
     \setupalign[tolerant]

     \definefirstline
       [fancy]
       [alternative=line,
        color=darkred,
        style=\setfontfeature{smallcaps}]

     \setfirstline[fancy] \input tufte  \par
     \setfirstline[fancy] \input ward   \par
     \setfirstline[fancy] \input knuth  \par
     \setfirstline[fancy] \input bryson \page

     \definefirstline
       [fancy]
       [alternative=word,
        color=darkblue,
        style=bold,
        n=2]

     \setfirstline[fancy] \input tufte  \par
     \setfirstline[fancy] \input ward   \par
     \setfirstline[fancy] \input knuth  \par
     \setfirstline[fancy] \input bryson \page

\stoptext

(Actually, it was rather old magic that I found back in an "early days
of mkiv" file).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2013-04-16 10:53 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-04-16 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta:

- combinations extended cf mails on this list
- new windows stubs (might need testing)
- frac fixed
- fixed more restrictive tex file lookup in run

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2013-03-12 23:48 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-03-12 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. Quite some files were touched as I went over all
messages at the Lua end (simplified using the formatter, more
consistent, etc). It might be that I made mistakes which then will show
up when tracing options are enabled or error messages are issued.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2013-02-19 18:39 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-02-19 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is experimental in upcoming beta:

\starttext

\definemathfence [fancybracket] [bracket] [command=yes,color=blue]

test $|x|$ test \par
test $||x||$ test (replaced) \par
test $a\left|\frac{1}{b}\right|c$ test \par
test $a\left||\frac{1}{b}\right||c$ test (kept) \par

\startbuffer
test $a\fenced[bar]{\frac{1}{b}}c$ test \par
test $a\fenced[doublebar]{\frac{1}{b}}c$ test \par
test $a\fenced[bracket]{\frac{1}{b}}c$ test \par
test $a\fancybracket{\frac{1}{b}}c$ test \par
\stopbuffer

\getbuffer \setupmathfences [color=red] \getbuffer

\stoptext
                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2012-12-10 22:28 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-12-10 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. There are some minor changes in the mp machinery (as
preparation for 'double' support. As I upgraded some file related code
recently there can be issues (easy to solve once known as it's hard to
foresee all bordercases).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2012-11-21 15:22 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-11-21 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

As Mojca is moving the distribution to another server we have a few days
of potential instability which gives us the change to experiment a bit.

I've changed the defaults for the math fonts so that now we use the
'real thing'. However, as there can be issues, one can still say at the
top of a document (of in cont-syst.tex):

\enablemode[txmath]
\enablemode[pxmath]
\enablemode[lmmath]

The design sized latin modern text font is still the default but one
could already change that by

\setupbodyfont[modern]

There is currently some renaming going on for those math fonts but that
should not affect us as context can handle older names too.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2012-08-09 21:01 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-08-09 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a new feature in mtxrun:

As I wanted to acccess the help on the wiki, I've added a feature to
mtxrun that can be used in an editor:

mtxrun
   --gethelp
   --url="http://www.contextgarden.net/Command/setuplist"

Actually, one can also use this:

mtxrun
   --gethelp
   --url="http://www.contextgarden.net/Command/%command%"
   --command="setuplist"

So, in scite I do:

mtxrun
   --gethelp
   --url="http://www.contextgarden.net/Command/%command%"
   --command="$(CurrentWord)"

and hitting F1 takes the current word and runs this command. On windows
it effective boils down to

start "the url"

I have no clue what happens on unix.

Ps 1: Isn't it possible to also support /command on the wiki? It looks
like the url resolver is case sensitive.

Ps 2: one can also run

mtxrun --script server --start --auto

and then use

mtxrun
   --gethelp

--url="http://localhost:31415/mtx-server-ctx-help.lua?command=%command%"
--command="$(CurrentWord)"

but the garden provides more info.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2012-07-09 18:38 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-07-09 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the process of mkiv-ing a new beta has been uploaded. This time the
rendering of sections has been dealt with. New is that one can use
'setups' for rendering. This mechanism is still somewhat experimental
(and might get improved) but the idea is given below:

\starttext

     \section{test}

     \unexpanded\def\whatever#1#2{[#1][#2]}

     \setuphead[section][command=\whatever] % traditional

     \section{test}

     \defineheadplacement[whatever]#1#2{(#1)(#2)} % traditional

     \setuphead[section][command=,alternative=whatever]

     \section{test}

     \defineheadalternative % new
       [whatever]
       [alternative=vertical,
        renderingsetup=whatever]

     \startsetups[whatever]
         /\headnumbercontent/\headtextcontent/
     \stopsetups

     \setuphead[section][command=,alternative=whatever]

     \section{test}

\stoptext

There are some helpers. These fetch content:

\headnumbercontent \headtextcontent

These are dimensions:

\headwidth
\headtextwidth
\headnumberdistance
\headnumberwidth

This is for local spacing setup:

\headsetupspacing

These are conditionals

\headshownumber
\headisdisplay

Maybe these names will change. Setups are also used in constructions
(the building blocks for descriptions, enumerations, notes etc) but
there some more work is needed.

The code is somewhat faster, but that will probably go unnoticed unless
one has documents with hundreds of heads.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2012-06-27 12:52 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-27 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. In the process of cleanup I kicked out some of
the supp-* modules, most noticeably the visual debugger. That one has
been replaced by another mechanism and a merge of some functionality
already present in modules (and more might be moved into it).

As they are often used for testing, \ruledhbox, \ruledvbox and
\ruledvtop remained and all the others have been replaced by
placeholders (and might go away). The \show* commands are mostly dummies
(and will disappear) but these remain:

\showmakeup
\showallmakeup
\showstruts
\showglyphs

Hopefully this doesn't spoil your playing with low level tex stuff.

The good news is that the current implementation provides more detail,
is more colorful, and comes on (pdf) layers (so that you can hide
categories).

\showallmakeup

\starttext

     \ruledhbox{hbox} \blank
     \ruledvbox{vbox} \blank
     \ruledvtop{vtop} \blank
     {\definedfont[Serif*default at 30pt] g ff} \blank
     test \strut test \blank
     \input ward \par

\stoptext

You can use \enabletrackers[visualizer.*] with * being
fontkern, kern, glue, penalty, hbox, vbox, all, reset, makeup, whatsit,
and glyph.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2012-06-05  7:30 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-05  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta that has a (first) update/cleanup of the context
runner script. The most important changes are

- no longer an option file (jobname.opt)
- no longer stub files (for xml and cld)
- handling of (most of the) ctx files happens elsewhere (job control)

In principle all this should go unnoticed, although one might notice the
difference in the call to luatex.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2012-02-16  9:17 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-02-16  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. Apart from some fixes, the biggest change is in
dealing with positional info and text backgrounds (first stage cleanup).
  As I have no clue to what extend users mess around with background
graphics themselves, it's hard to predict side effects, but the biggest
impact is speed. The adventurous might want to try out

\setuptextbackground
   [mp=mpos:par:region,
    method=mpos:par:region]

or with some more visual tracing

\setuptextbackground
   [mp=mpos:par:region:kind,
    method=mpos:par:region]

A simple test with some 200 backgrounds brings down runtime with one
second on my machine (not the fastest anyway).

Apart from a performance gain, backgrounds are now also supported in
regular multicolumns as well as in some specific mechanisms like
tabulate and xtables. In xtables one needs to set region=yes in order to
get the desired results. Actually, the region key is a new one in framed
so anything that can be framed can also have fancy text  backgrounds.

Yet another improvement is that (although rather untested) you can do
things like

     \starttextbackground[r] START
     \dorecurse{10}{
         \dorecurse{1}{\input ward }
         \placefigure[right]{}{}
         some text before BEGIN \dorecurse{2}{\input ward } END some after
         \placefigure[left]{}{}
         some text before BEGIN \dorecurse{2}{\input ward } END some after
         \placefigure[right]{}{}
         some text before BEGIN \dorecurse{2}{\input ward } END some after
     }
     STOP \stoptextbackground
     \dorecurse{1}{\input ward }

and get more or less expected results. Keep in mind that it can never
get perfect due to all kind of possible interference. Also, keep away
from internals as they will quite certainly change.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2012-01-24 10:28 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-01-24 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta to the website. The most important upgrades concern
the font subsystem.

- there was still some mkii code around ... all that has gone ... as a
consequence all code has been overhauled (a rather tedious job) ... some
code might be a bit faster (but nothing fundamental changed)

- designsizes are now dealt with in a different way but as only lm has
them no one will probably notice .. anyway it saves a lot of definitions
and (at least on my machine) the start up is somewhat faster

- the type-otf file is no longer used but its content has been
distributed over a some smaller files ... loading these files is rather
automatic and it should be compatible .. again this might give a (small)
startup speed improvement (and a bit less memory which quite certainly
goes unnoticed compared to the average memory usage)

- bodyfont environments are a bit more flexible now  which was one of
the reasons for rewriting much code as there is some complex inheritance
and defaulting going on there

- Wolfgang is adapting / extending the simple fonts code but in
principle it should still work

In addition, the lists related code has been reorganized / redone and it
seems to be ok. There have been some conceptual changes to the list
rendering (easier for future extensions) but old commands still apply.
It's anyhow still somewhat experimental.

Of course there are some fixes and other cleanups done.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2012-01-08 17:40 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-01-08 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. Apart from some fixes the core font/type modules
have been cleaned up so there might be temporary font side effects.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* \setlayerframed align-option causes shift
@ 2012-01-02 16:04 Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2012-01-02 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

setting the align-option of \setlayerframed causes a small (but visible) right shift.

\definelayer[page][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]
\setupbackgrounds[page][background=page]

\starttext  \showframe
  \setlayerframed [page]
    [x=\backspace,y=\topspace]
    [width=broad,height=\headerheight,align=right] {Not OK}
    % [width=broad,height=\headerheight] {OK}

  \page[empty]
\stoptext

Regards
	Andreas

* beta
@ 2011-12-13 15:38 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-12-13 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. This one is really beta so don't update if you
have a critical workflow (or make a copy). Among the changes are:

- page-*      : cleaned up, split and made more efficient (maybe typos)

- strc-itm    : cleaned up (maybe side effects, but it looks ok)

- style/color : low level clean up (which means that some t-* files need
to be updated in sync)

Of course there are the usual fixes / improvements / new bugs.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-11-29 17:57 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-29 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. The usual fixes (as reported to/suggested on this
list) and an updated unit mechanism. I'll also upload the new (but yet
incomplete) units manual.

http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/units-mkiv.pdf

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-11-23 18:07 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-23 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Todays beta ...

- some improvements/more options to xtables (see manual)

-- experimental degrees in units:

\starttext

\startlines
\unit{10° celsius}
\unit{10 deg celsius}
\unit{10 degree celsius}
\unit{10 degrees celsius}
\stoplines

\stoptext

-- speedup of alignment settings (nice for bTABLE etc)

-- a few fixes

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-11-08 14:28 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-11-08 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta, mostly for testing the xml export and Alan's
figure list issue. I cleaned up some of the float code (removing some
related mkii code in the process) but more will follow. I might have
introduced some issues there.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-10-28 14:24 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-10-28 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. The biggest new thing is that there is yet
another table mechanism: extreme tables. There is a manual too:

http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xtables-mkiv.pdf

It says in the introduction:

 >> This is a short introduction to yet another table mechanism built
in \CONTEXT. It is a variant of the so called natural tables but
it has a different configuration. Also, the implementation is
completely different. The reason for writing it is that in one of
our projects we had to write styles for documents that had tables
spanning 30 or more pages and apart from memory constraints this
is quite a challenge for the other mechanisms, if only because
splitting them into successive floats is not possible due to
limitations of \TEX. The extreme table mechanism can handle pretty
large tables and split them too. As each cell is basically a \type
{\framed} and as we need to do two passes over the table, this
mechanism is not the fastest but it is some two times faster than
the natural tables mechanism, and in most cases can be used
instead. <<

There will probably a few additions but it's already pretty complete.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-10-14 21:26 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-10-14 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

A new beta has been uploaded. Nothing new apart from some experimental
code and a few bugfixes. I also uploaded

http://www.pragma-ade.com/preliminaries/hybrid-italics.pdf

Files in that path will come and go.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-10-12 17:49 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-10-12 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. There are a few new things and some changes:

- The flow chart module has been rewritten for mkiv and cf Wili it does
a decent job so I've replaced the old one. This is the one that can be
extended (discussed at the context conference).

- I'm rewriting stepcharts (something I need myself) but that's work in
progress. Here the functionality will change a bit (no problem as I
never noticed any other usage). The manual will also be updated.

== There is an experimental new s-fnt-35.mkiv module that can be used as:

\usemodule[fnt-35,art-01]

\setupbodyfont
   [cambria]

\starttext
     \ctxlua{moduledata.fonts.show_a_lot("Cambria")}
\stoptext

It probably needs to be improved. Users are welcome to submit additional
(language related) sample alphabets etc. It might also become an option
for mtx-fonts.lua

== There has been a change in storing positional info in the tuc file.
No big deal, just another format.

== There has been a fix in otf contextual stuff ... for Idris (so that
he can finish the context book sooner).

== There are some new commands: \startdocument and \stopdocument. Copied
from mag-1101:

\starttyping
\startdocument[settings]
     structured content
\stopdocument
\stoptyping

The settings are key|/|value pairs and the values can be retrieved
using:

\starttyping
\documentvariable{key}
\stoptyping

You can set \type {before} and \type {after} parameters and by default
these are set up as follows:

\starttyping
\setvariables
   [document]
   [before=\directsetup{document:start},
    after=\directsetup{document:stop}]
\stoptyping

You can for instance define these setups to generate a title page
(using document variables) and a colophon page. In the future more
functionality might be added.

== Yet another new feature is automatic italic correction. There will be
an article about it (first version ready), maybe in the conference
proceedings as it's a follow up on the conference. Quick howto:

\definefontfeature[default][default][itlc=yes]

It is enabled with:

\setupitaliccorrection[always] % or 'text' or 'none'

Or (bit more efficient):

\setupitaliccorrection[always,global]

or even:

\definefontfeature[default][default][itlc=yes,notextitalics=yes]

to get rid of \/ too. (we might opt for \/ being just /). Thomas and I
will play with additional functonality (range support for fonts that
have somewhat italic properties like greek).

== Of course there are a couple of patches and for sure some new bugs
(or missing files).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-09-12 21:23 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-09-12 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. Apart from some fixes/additions the most important
difference is that the scite support files have been replaced: instead
of the built-in lexer we now use the lpeg based one. There is a readme
file in the context/data/scite subpath. Those using it need a recent
version of scite (I use 2.28). The lexers are working ok but might be
improved in due time.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-07-13 20:50 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-07-13 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta:

- Project structure related files are now dealt with in lua: it's mostly
compatible but somewhat more strict (proper push and pop). In the log
file the used structure is summarized.

- All writing from lua to tex is now under control of the cld
infrastructure. This means that logging is more complete. The speed
penalty is neglectable and in some places faster.

- There are a couple of fixes related to marks.

- There are a couple of fixes (thanks to Wolfgang, who checks all
commands as part of the user interface (setups) documentation).

- In \asciimode, %% now can be used as traditional tex comment starter.
Also, modules and environments are loaded under the normal catcode regime.

- Typing gets frontstripped with the number of spaces in front of
\stoptyping so that one can have nicely formatted input like:

\startitemize
   \startitem test

   \starttyping
   test
   \stoptyping

   \stopitem
\stopitemize

- Entities in xml mode have a slightly different roundtrip treatment now
and hopefully Thomas S as well as Hans vd M files still work ok.

- Unicode math variants (supported by xits) are supported:

\mathematics {
   \utfchar{"2229} =
   \utfchar{"2229}\utfchar{"FE00} =
   \vsone{\utfchar{"2229}}
}

- Defining commands at the lua end now also handles arg only cases and
has better tracing.

- Some other other things, like \startlayout[page] ... \stoplayout and
whatever I forgot.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-06-27 18:36 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-27 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. There are some changes in the math font handling:

(1) bold:

% \setupbodyfont[lucidanova]
% \setupbodyfont[palatino]
% \setupbodyfont[libertine]
% \setupbodyfont[xits]

\setuphead[chapter][style=\bfd]

\starttext

\chapter{Test \m{a=b^{2c}} and \m{\sqrt{x^2}}}

{     Test \m{a=b^{2c}} and \m{\sqrt{x^2}}\par}
{\bf  Test \m{a=b^{2c}} and \m{\sqrt{x^2}}\par}
{\tfd Test \m{a=b^{2c}} and \m{\sqrt{x^2}}\par}
{\bfd Test \m{a=b^{2c}} and \m{\sqrt{x^2}}\par}
{\bfd Test \m{a=b^{2c}} and \m{\sqrt{x^2}}\par}

\stoptext

When a font has bold (like the upcoming lucida) you get full autobold
support, otherwise you get substitution bold, which works ok for most
cases.

(2) bidi

% example from the xits suite

% \setupbodyfont[xits]

\setupbodyfont[xitsbidi]

\setupalign[r2l]

\starttext

\setupmathematics[align=r2l]

\startformula
\sqrt{ف^2\over 4ب} \eqno(1)
\stopformula

\setupmathematics[align=l2r]

\startformula
\sqrt{x^2\over 4x} \eqno(1)
\stopformula

\setupmathematics[align=r2l]

\startformula
\sum^\infty_{س=0} س^2 \eqno(2)
\stopformula

\startformula
\left(\root{2} \of{155}\right)
\stopformula

\startformula
\left[\int^{55}_{123} 666^3\right]
\qquad\textstyle\left[\int^{55}_{123} 666^3\right]
\stopformula

\startformula
\left\{\sum^{55}_{123} 666^3\right\}
\stopformula

\startformula
\sqrt{\sqrt{\sqrt{\sqrt{\sqrt{\sqrt{\sqrt{\sqrt{\sqrt{\sqrt{55}}}}}}}}}}
\stopformula

\startformula
5 < 6 > 4
\stopformula

\startformula
5 \leq 6 \geq 7
\stopformula

\stoptext

This works for xits as it comes with the right shapes. Currently bidi
must be loaded explicitly because more is loaded but that might become
automatic at some point when r2l document alignment kicks in.

(3) Math following \bfa etc is somewhat faster now.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-06-24 11:28 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-24 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

todays beta will report all loaded files in the log files, inclduign
lookup methods

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-06-15  9:57 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-15  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-06-13 21:15 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-13 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

New beta. One fix and \unit in the core (\digits need testing before I
enable it and kick ou tthe old code).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-06-11 14:54 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-11 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the process of extending math export I decided to finish and
integrate an old experiment with units. Details can change as can
configuration.

\usemodule[dimensions]
\setupbackend[export=yes]

\starttext

\startlines
$10\su{km/h}$
$\su{10 km/h}$
\su{10 km/h}
10\su{km/h}
10 \su{km/h}
$10 \su{km/h}$
10 \su{KiloMeter/Hour}
10 \su{kilometer/hour}
10 \su{km/h}
10 \su{kilometer per hour}
10 \su{km / h}
10 \su{ km / h }
10 \su{km/ms2}
10 \su{meter per second}
10 \su{cubic meter}
10 \su{cubic meter per second}
10 \su{cubic meter / second}
$10 \su{cubic meter / second}$
30 \su{kilo pascal }
30 \su{kilo pascal square meter / second}
30 \su{kilo pascal square meter / kelvin second}
\su{30 kilo pascal square meter / kelvin second}
$30 \su{kilo pascal square meter / kelvin second }$
30 \su{crap}
30 \su{AC}
$ \frac{10 \su{m/s}}{20 \su{m/s}} $
{\ss 30 \su{kilo pascal square meter / second kelvin}}
\stoplines

\stoptext

I might decide to push it in the core. The su is an abbreviation for
scientific unit as we already have \unit (which I like more) and \dim is
also taken. Of course \u would be even nicer but that's a accent
placement (ok, we could drop all those as we have utf). Using two
character names is not handy as they look like language switches.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-06-08 17:45 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-08 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. New is:

- enhanced inheritance in layouts
- reimplemented page markings
- \setupmathrendering[fontclass][it=somevariant]
- upgrade of (content) mathml
- prelude to more structured math
- a couple of small fixes
- a few adaptions to texlive integration
- probably some more

Also some time has been spend on the export backend:

- partially rewritten export code (aka epub pet project)
- next iteration of math(ml) export
- metadata and ignored content in export

(Later I will look again in tagged pdf.)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-03-26 11:53 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-03-26 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

One of the changes in mkiv font handling is that from now on we have
mode=auto as default (beware, this is one of those mkiv only options and
not supported in the generic variant).

I don't know how well it works in practice but it does work out ok for
cases like:

\starttext

     \startTEXpage
         \definedfont[Serif*default at 20pt]fijn\par
         \definefontfeature[nlddefault][default][script=latn,language=nld]
         \definedfont[Serif*nlddefault at 20pt]fijn\par
     \stopTEXpage

\stoptext

Depending on the font, node mode takes more memory (and a bit more
runtime) but you can always enforce base or node mode when you are
unhappy with the automatically determined mode.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-03-25 17:30 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-03-25 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. There are quite some changes this time:

- backend code has been reorganized and cleaned up and aspects of
interaction have been partially reimplemented (like widgets) in a more
mkiv-ish way (or actually mkvi); widgets now have an updated inheritance
model

- the font related lua code has been cleaned up and reorganized as well
and; the cached data is different, the memory footprint is somewhat
smaller, processing can be a bit faster, font related parameters are
better organized in subtables in the font instance, etc

- the generic font code (in luatex-fonts) has been stripped from context
related features so that it is easier to cook up mkiv specific
extensions without too much interference (or side effects) for the
generic code

- a couple of fixes (like discussed on this list the last few weeks)
have been applied

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: beta
@ 2011-02-07 21:53 Reviczky, Adam
From: Reviczky, Adam @ 2011-02-07 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>>> is this new? weird as nothing was changed there .. anyway, i added a check
>>
>>I believe that this is new (but did not test systematically).
>>In any case, it should indeed be caught.

I have the same error now with the latest beta (2011-02-05) if there's a folder defined in OSFONTDIR that doesn't exist.
Is there a particular reason why the isdir(path) check in globpattern from l-dir.lua was removed?
If I add it back then there's no error.

Adam

* beta
@ 2011-01-31 16:49 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-01-31 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2011-01-25  8:40 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-01-25  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. Tho most important change is that mkii and mkiv are
now completely separated, only a couple of modules and styles are shared.

Another change is that language related information is now organized
differently. Labels and such are in lang-txt.lua and easier to maintain.

For those writing pretty printers: pluggable code is now under
xxxx-imp-* i.e. the imp subnamespace. I have considered -base, -user etc
but that would lead to too much testing. Users can put their extensions
(when part of third party modules) under for instance
buff-imp-t-<somename> which is unique enough. Anyway, by using an
additional -imp- we have less change of clashing with core modules. Some
more will probably follow.

Hopefully all files are in the zip.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2010-12-18 20:11 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-12-18 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta (not that much done, waiting for the new luatex
bins to settle). There's also an updated zip with test files.

There will probably be a current before 2011 but Taco and I need to
coordinate that a bit.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

[parent not found: <mailman.607.1291276906.4239.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
* beta
@ 2010-12-01 14:59 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-12-01 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. Quite some of the file related code has been cleaned
up but as Taco and I can make a format and process a file, I decided to
upload anyway.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2010-11-12 17:44 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-11-12 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta (so the minimals will have it in about an hour):

- some cleanup at the lua end as side effect of documenting lua
interfacing as part of writing the cld manual

- a couple of bug fixed in the lua code that crept in during some
optimizations

- removal of some old lua code (not needed any more or replaced by
better code)

- a couple of patches (or extensions) to macros (due to reports on the
list); for instance, the HideLayer and VideLayer reference actions were
never implemented; also, some animation code has been added (for WS)

- definitions like \definedfont[file:lbr.pfb] are ok now (remapped onto
afm, a few line harmless extension)

- a replacement of the existing marking mechanism (as used for running
headers and footers): less interference with typesetting as mark nodes
are no longer part of the game; more robust synchronization of chained
marks (sectioning); more robust handling of marking in columns and
columnsets; experimental marking in arbitrary constructs (thomas might
like that one); not all is tested but we have:

the usual marking: first, last, previous, current; these are strict in
the sense that they take sectioning into account

some new, less strict marking: firstpage, lastpage, previouspage; these
ignore sectioning related resets

some experimental methods: next, nextpage; these concern parts of
paragraphs that end up on the next page, so limited lookahead (in there
is interest we can make that full lookahead i.e. future marks)

the usual column related marking:

     \getmarking[chapter][first]/
     \getmarking[chapter][page][first]/
     \getmarking[chapter][column:first][first]/
     \getmarking[chapter][column:1][first]/
     \getmarking[chapter][1][first]

even more expermental:

   \definemarking[boxmark]

   \setbox0\ruledvbox{
     \marking[boxmark]{tufte} \input tufte \par
     \marking[boxmark]{ward}  \input ward  \par
   }

   \synchronizemarking[zerobox][0] \box0

   \getmarking[boxmark][zerobox][first]
   \getmarking[boxmark][zerobox][last]

anyhow, it might be that something is broken, but at least this
implementation has more potential

- the properties mechanism is obsolete and replaced by three mechanism
that used them (originally properties dealt with specific engine/backend
functionality); the most important ones are

\defineviewerlayer[name][options]
\startviewerlayer[name]....\stopviewerlayer
\viewerlayer[name]{...}

and

\defineeffect[name][options]
\starteffect[name]....\stopviewerlayer
\effect[name]{...}

where we have predefined (as with former properties):

\defineeffect [inner]   [alternative=inner,rulethickness=.25pt]
\defineeffect [outer]   [alternative=outer,rulethickness=.25pt]
\defineeffect [both]    [alternative=both, rulethickness=.25pt]
\defineeffect [normal]  [alternative=normal]
\defineeffect [hidden]  [alternative=hidden]
\defineeffect [stretch] [alternative=stretch,stretch=1]

the properties commands are still there but map onto these so older code
should work ok (but somewhat less efficient)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2010-10-29  9:45 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-10-29  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta:

- the usual fixes and extensions discussed on this list or within the
dev group

- there is some more low level cleanup in the lua code (in the process
of documenting cld handling)

- a few adaptions in the font loader (esp related to encodings cq.
unicode, not that drastic but also a a prelude to some upcoming cleanup
in luatex)

- a bit extended and sped up context.* commands as well as using this
mechanism at the lua end

If no serious bugs / issues are reported there will be a new current
pretty soon.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2010-10-12 14:57 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-10-12 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. This weeks undocumented feature:

\starttext

test \placefigure{}{}
test \placefigure[somewhere:alpha][whatever]{}{}
test \placefigure[somewhere:beta] [whatever]{}{}
test \placefigure[somewhere:gamma][whatever]{}{}
test \placefigure[somewhere:delta][whatever]{}{}
test \placefigure{}{}

in \in{figure}[whatever] bla bla

\placenamedfloat[figure][*l*]

\placenamedfloat[figure][gamma]
\placenamedfloat[figure][beta]

\stoptext

Experimental of course. Alan and I are discussing up some more clever
mechanisms (follow up on conference chats) but this will probably stay.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2010-09-09 22:08 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-09 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. There have been some changes in the initial font
default load->cache method is unchanged (and tagged table') but you can
configure others (given tat you run luatex 0.63)

There are three optional levels of intermediate garbage collection:

   \enabledirectives[fonts.otf.loader.cleanup=1] % true|false 1 2 3

The higher the number, the less memory is used (I'm preparing a chapter
for hybrid.pdf that discusses these methods and gives some statistics).
By default cleanup is turned off. Garbage collection efficiency differs
per situation and is somewhat platform dependent.

There are three methods but only table and sparse make sense:

   \enabledirectives[fonts.otf.loader.method=table]
   \enabledirectives[fonts.otf.loader.method=mixed]
   \enabledirectives[fonts.otf.loader.method=sparse]

In some cases sparse might save a bit of memory but at the cost of
runtime and even then it only concerns making a font cache-ready so in
practice it is seldom needed to change the defaults.

Only mess around with these directives if you are convinced that it will
improve your situation. As said, these are the results of an experiment
so we keep them around.

If no serious problems are found in the beta I will release a current,
so that we're nicely in sync with todays luatex beta.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2010-09-03  9:25 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-03  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. There have been quite some changes in the lua code,
not so much in terms of functionality but in organization (a first step
to a more formal api). So, if you use calls to functions in mkiv, you
might need to check it.

There have been some extensions but those will become available when the
next luatex release happens.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2010-07-22 13:40 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-07-22 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. This is a prelude to an end-of-the-month current that
will be released along with luatex 0.61.

This release supports tagged pdf, but it will go unnoticed if you don't
have full acrobat. Tagging is enabled with:

\setupstructure[state=start]

Normally tagging takes place automatically but you can add your own
using \startelement[whatever] ... \stopelement and labels can be changed
with \setuptaglabeltext [en] [elementname=yourfavourite].

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

[parent not found: <mailman.30.1264547847.26807.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
[parent not found: <mailman.27.1264531447.26807.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
* beta
@ 2010-01-26 17:57 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-01-26 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

The latest beta has a few more fonts defined in type-otf.mkiv. YOu can
do things like

\setupbodyfont[mscore,ss,10pt]
\setupbodyfont[liberation,rm,10pt]

as mscore and liberations are yet unknown the related typescript will be
loaded automatically (new feature).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2010-01-22 18:20 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-01-22 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. The most important new feature is that nested
footnotes are working better now (like notes in tabulate). For the
moment this is not enabled by default. Use

\automigrateinserts

if needed. Test case:

\chapter{What a notes \footnote{1} \footnote{2}
\footnote{3} \footnote{4} \footnote{5} \footnote{6}}

\starttabulate
\NC test \NC test \footnote{7} \input tufte \NC \NR
\NC test \NC test \footnote{8} \input tufte \NC \NR
\NC test \NC test \footnote{9} \input tufte \NC \NR
\NC test \NC test \footnote{10} \input tufte \NC \NR
\NC test \NC test \footnote{11} \input tufte \NC \NR
\NC test \NC test \footnote{12} \input tufte \NC \NR
\stoptabulate

Of course this a mkiv-only feature. More control will be added later.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2009-07-22 18:32 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-07-22 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta with last days fixes; probably an updated current
tomorrow.

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2009-05-28  9:30 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-28  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

i uploaded a bet awidt a couple of structure fixes

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2009-05-19 22:13 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-19 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. Not that many fixes (if someone can collect structure
related bugs ...), only a few.

For those who keep an eye on the source ... i'm rewriting ppchtex and it
will be integral part of the core of mkiv (so that we have chemistry on
board). It's not yet finished but i'm getting there.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2009-05-11  9:14 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-05-11  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

i uploaded a beta with some fixes

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2009-04-27 20:44 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-27 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta just before leaving for bachotek. Quite some structure
(lua) code has been overhauled and i need to finish some bits.

I can probably fix urgent failures but real fixes have to wait till next
week.

As I'm redoing the backend as well as cross referencing some interaction
features might be broken but normally they are easy to fix (once i know
what fails). So, best collect all bugs while i'm away so that i can deal
with then at once.

Hans

Aditya ... math numbering formulas is somewhat broken but i'll fix asap;
we will have multiple levels of numbering as well as captions for
formulas that go to lists etc etc. For that i need to separate some code.

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2009-04-21  7:22 Hans Hagen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-21  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

i uploaded a beta with a few structure fixes; upcoming mkiv betas will
also have an experimental new vertical spacing mechanism (which also
demands some adaptions to structure related code)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2009-03-30 16:40 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-03-30 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

i uploaded a beta ... this one matches the latest check-in of luatex

this is also the last non-xp version as i'm going to merge the cont-xp
code into th emain version now

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2009-03-14 10:20 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-03-14 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I discovered two problems with the beta.

1. \typescriptone is ignored in the typescripts and many fonts (e.g.
can't be used)

\starttypescript [termes,times]
  \definetypeface [\typescriptone] [rm] [serif] [termes] [default]
\stoptypescript

2. The new feature \getcheckedparameters acts like \get*e*parameter in
the lua code.

Wolfgang

* beta
@ 2009-02-09 19:52 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-02-09 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta. There are a few math fixes (but extensible top
accents will be done the next few weeks because the engine needs to
rupport it). There is also a changed CJK handler (on by default but that
might change because of some overhead that it creates). Later this week,
in Korea I'll discuss some details that are boethering me esp how to
deal with crappy fonts, half width, etc. (I made some automatisms that I
removed because there is too much interference and unpredictability)

CJK users can get an idea with

\usemodule[fnt-24]

\setuplayout[topspace=1cm,bottomspace=1cm,width=middle,height=middle,header=0pt,footer=0pt]

\setupcolors[state=start] \enabletrackers[cjk.analyzing]

\starttext

\definefontfeature
   [korean]
   [script=hang,language=kor,mode=node]

\definedfont[adobesongstd-light*korean at 10pt] \setupinterlinespace

\ShowCombinationsCJK (\ShowCombinationsC)

\stoptext

CJK users might want to  get some agreement on

- what exact rules are with regarde to mixes
- how to deal with interference between fonts
- which fonts can serve as reference
- what examples to use for testing
- ...

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2009-01-13 10:35 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-01-13 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco and I have decided to release a beta now. Officially there should
have been a current end of december but there were too many things going
on at the mkiv/luatex end to make that happen. Most changes concern mkiv
anyway as we've kind of frozen mkii. Also, due to the number of changes
in the lua code making a diff now would take too much time and not gain
much.

The next current will be in the second half of februari. Before that we
will have a series of alphas that use the new structure related code.
They're alpha because for a while there might be some compatibility
issues (solving them depends in testers noticing them).

This is also the first big deviation between mkii and mkiv, since it
opens up the way to new functionality.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2008-10-23 15:43 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-23 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

i uploaded a beta that can handle

\starttext

\setinterfacecommand{setuphead}{stelleüberschriftein}
\section{Oeps}
\stelleüberschriftein[section][style=\bf]
\section{Oeps}

\defineregister[xüber]

test \xüber{oeps} oeps

\stoptext

now, for a persian interface, one needs to

= copy cont-en.tex to cont-xx.tex with xx being persian
= in cont-xx.tex change \defaultinterface to persian
= add the mapping from xx to persian to mult-def.tex
= add the xx entries to mult-def.lua (most work)
= run mtxrun --script interface --context
= make the xx format
= cross fingers and run a test file

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2007-12-14  8:24 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-12-14  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new (mkiv) beta. The biggest change is that there are some
optimizations in the cached mkiv font tables which should lead to (1)
faster loading and (2) a smaller memory footprint. I may have messed
some things in the process, so testing is appreciated.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2007-10-03 11:00 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-10-03 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

beware, i uploaded a new beta but when you use mkiv, you really need the
latest luatex, so best wait til that one is available or compile yourself

(no pattern preloading, runtime loading of patterns)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2006-11-14 18:09 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-11-14 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've uploaded a beta.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2006-09-28  7:51 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-28  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

latest upload (in 10 minutes)

- static graphics with mpenvironments
- fix for modes and protection

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

[parent not found: <mailman.61.1159154790.16231.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
[parent not found: <mailman.925.1158784766.2039.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
* beta
@ 2006-09-20 20:05 Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini
From: Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini @ 2006-09-20 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo!

Some beta's back, the following was working.
--------------------------
\startMPrun
\input test.mp
\stopMPrun
\starttext
\externalfigure[test.1][width=15mm]
\stoptext
--------------------------
with
----------test.mp---------
beginfig(1)
  draw (0,0) -- (1cm,1cm);
endfig;
end
--------------------------
Now, I get the error
(figures : figure test.1 can not be found)
with ConTeXt ver: 2006.09.17

Wolfgang

* beta
@ 2006-09-17 15:02 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-17 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I uploaded a beta release. If no further problems with the upgraded
figure inclusion and adapted metapost conversion are reported, we will
go current (otherwise a changelog will be impossible, even if most
changes are not reportable anyway)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

[parent not found: <mailman.1.1158228004.14288.ntg-context@ntg.nl>]
* beta
@ 2006-09-13 21:59 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-13 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

a new beta:

- cloned figure numbers fixed
- new shades should work ok now
- txt in mp should work again now

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2006-09-10 18:48 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-10 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

the problem with the missing resource in reused mp graphic is fixed

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2006-09-10 16:08 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-09-10 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta. Brave users met test if their mp graphics still come
out well since i cleaned up some of the mp to pdf code.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2006-08-30 21:37 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-08-30 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new beta (a few fixes to fig bases [better adapted to new
core-fig] and overlays [more robust for dimen0])

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2006-04-17 20:21 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-17 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta:

- some TABLE extensions
- a new (read: better) 'renumbering' feature (important when floats move
to top/bottom of pages)
- a small fix to itemize (bug crept in during optimization some time ago)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2006-04-10 17:13 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-10 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

a uploaded a beta:

- TABLE -> n/m cell access
- regimes -> more and better (for mojca to check)
- french -> mp actrive ; fix

- for testers only:

you can make a tree, say:

.../tex/texmf-beta

and unzip context in there

then you can say (windows):

SET TEXMFBETA=.../tex/texmf-beta

and run

newtexexec --beta --make ....
newtexexec --beta somefile

this test tree is plugged into TEXMFPROJECT which should be part of your texmf.cnf setup

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2006-04-06 13:08 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-06 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm uploading a beta that may work better with xml and special encodings

\enableregime[cp1250]
\mainlanguage[cz]

\starttext

\title{Žluouècí konì úpí}

\placelist[chapter][criterium=all]

\startbuffer
<chapter>
    <title>Žluouècí konì úpí</title>
</chapter>
\stopbuffer

\defineXMLenvironment
  [chapter]
  {\defineXMLsave[title]}
  {\expanded{\chapter{\XMLflush{title}}}}

\processXMLbuffer

\setuphead[chapter][expansion=yes]

\defineXMLenvironment
  [chapter]
  {\defineXMLsave[title]}
  {\chapter{\XMLflush{title}}}

\processXMLbuffer

\page

\index{Žluouècí konì úpí}

\placeregister[index]

\stoptext

... i'd like users of code pages and languages that use special
characters to make test files for the test suite (hosted at the gforce
server, see earlier mails)

once we have a clear picture of what to expect, i can 'make things
better' (cleaner -)

also, since we will switch to newtexexec (becoming texexec then) soon,
sorting etc will be taken care of there (i did some tests and it seems
to work ok)

if this beta works ok (please test today -) we can go current

Hans

* beta
@ 2006-04-04 12:51 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-04 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

later taco will give more details about changes/additions in his change-log

for the moment:

- for index users: you can test utf 8, sort order (swedish) etc

- for cp1250 users: it's there and you only need to give \enableregime
since the vector will be loaded at runtime

- for mojca: take a look at regi-syn and let me know what vectors need
to be be added to the distribution

- for taco: thanks for your patience but textext seems to work ok now

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2006-03-29 15:47 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-03-29 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i uploaded a beta:

- a fix to verbatim (has to do with linenumbering)
- a cleaned up 'paragraph' mechanism (prelude to a real cleanup)
- some patches to the newmml module

i'll promote this to current when no problems are reported

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* beta
@ 2006-01-19  0:28 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-19  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i'm uploading a beta with

- some changes/cleanups/extensions in the utf code
- reorganization of chinese and japanese [new]
- mathalignment (in core-mat) so don't use the posted math-ext now
- a few fixes/extensions here and there

(more info in release notes when there is a new current release)

Hans

ps. i still need to add all those regimes mojca made

* beta
@ 2001-08-08 16:27 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-08-08 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a new bet awith a couple of (discussed) patches.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* beta
@ 2001-04-26 20:30 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-04-26 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

BTW, for the brave testers: \skipfontcharacteristicstrue is really faster
in the new beta-beta. If i'm right, font switching is much faster now
anyway [interesting side effect of more complicated support] but maybe that
is wishful thinking.

@ 1999-11-03 14:37 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-03 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

The new temp naming sheme introduced a spurious space in the figure
inclusion (mprun prefix testing). I uploaded a new beta.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE