* problem with mpost/metafun/MKII/MKIV???
@ 2010-08-29  7:09 Rene van Hassel
From: Rene van Hassel @ 2010-08-29  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello Members,

I have a problem with texlive 2009.
In the version 2007, I made some file with "decorations", made by metapost.Then
you got a list of numbered -mpgraph files. In the version 2009, I don't getns
these files and my .pdf files are without the "decorations".  With "decorations"
I mean blocks around pieces of text, witin a lecture note. Also the first
page is white, till it was first green with some figures on it.

While texexec works, I see mpgraph files but only numbered
by .1, in the 2007 version it started by 4000 and it went to almost 3650.
I see also that there is made use of MKIV  instead of MKII in the 2007
version.

What to do such that the 2009 version, gives the same result as the
2007 version. I installed the 2009 version of the TUG side with
tlmgr and almost everything of texlive is installed. Only most of the languages
are not installed, further everything,

greetings,

Rene'

* Re: problem with mpost/metafun/MKII/MKIV???
@ 2010-08-29  8:05 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-08-29  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/29/2010 09:09 AM, Rene van Hassel wrote:
> Hello Members,
>

> I have a problem with texlive 2009.
> In the version 2007, I made some file with "decorations", made by metapost.Then
> you got a list of numbered -mpgraph files. In the version 2009, I don't getns
> these files and my .pdf files are without the "decorations".  With "decorations"
> I mean blocks around pieces of text, witin a lecture note. Also the first
> page is white, till it was first green with some figures on it.
>
> While texexec works, I see mpgraph files but only numbered
> by .1, in the 2007 version it started by 4000 and it went to almost 3650.
> I see also that there is made use of MKIV  instead of MKII in the 2007
> version.
>
> What to do such that the 2009 version, gives the same result as the
> 2007 version.

Your symptoms indicate that you probably need to add

   shell_escape = t

to the texmf.cnf file.

Best wishes,
Taco