* Recursive printing letters using Letters module...
@ 2010-08-29  0:34 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-08-29  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
Can be deployed print letters due t-letter module in the cycle?
When I use recursion, then an error occurs.
I note that I am going to change the values (from CSV file) in a cycle
(that someone thought that I want to write a few the same letters in
cycle  :-)

here is my example:

\usemodule[letter]

\starttext

\dorecurse{5}{
\startletter[
         toname={Name},
         toaddress={Address},
         opening={Dear Name,},
         subject={Step by step guide to write a letter},
         closing={Greetings from the Author}]

     Thus, I came to the conclusion ...

     \stopletter
\page
}

\stoptext

Thanx, Jaroslav

* Re: Recursive printing letters using Letters module...
@ 2010-08-29  1:19 ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-08-29  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello
I answer it yourself. I was experimented and thought about using buffers
and the problem is successfully for my library resolved :-)
I think that I found an interesting use of the letter module...

Jaroslav

Only for example :

\directlua{dofile("scancsv.lua")}

\setupcolors[state=start]
\usemodule[letter]

\setupletter
[fromname={The Author},
fromaddress={Hidden Street 2\\57895 Mystery town}]

\startbuffer[myletter]
\startletter[
     toname={\Firstname\ \Name},
     toaddress={\Street\\ \Zipcode\ \Town},
     opening={Dear \Firstname,},
     subject={Step by step guide to write a letter to \Firstname\ \Name},
     closing={{\color Greetings from the Author} to \Name\ \Firstname}]

Thus, I came to the conclusion ... \Mygreeting

\stopletter
\stopbuffer

\starttext
\setheader
\opencsvfile{file1.csv}

% Recurse using
\dorecurse{5}{
\getbuffer[myletter]
\nextrow
\page
}

\page
% Or loop cycle

\opencsvfile{file2.csv}
\doloop{\ifnotEOF\getbuffer[myletter]\nextrow\else\exitloop\fi} %OK

\stoptext

@ 2010-08-29  7:02   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-08-29  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.08.2010 um 03:19 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:

> Hello
> I answer it yourself. I was experimented and thought about using buffers and the problem is successfully for my library resolved :-)
> I think that I found an interesting use of the letter module...
>
> Jaroslav
>
> Only for example :
>
> [...]
>
> \startbuffer[myletter]
> \startletter[
>    toname={\Firstname\ \Name},
>    toaddress={\Street\\ \Zipcode\ \Town},
>    opening={Dear \Firstname,},
>    subject={Step by step guide to write a letter to \Firstname\ \Name},
>    closing={{\color Greetings from the Author} to \Name\ \Firstname}]
>
> Thus, I came to the conclusion ... \Mygreeting
>
> \stopletter
> \stopbuffer

You can’t use buffers inside \dorecurse and the letter environment
is a buffer with a few extension to accept a argument for values.

You can get around this with the alternative mode for the environment
with is enabled by:

\setupletterstyle[option][method=content] % \setupletteroptions[method=content]

\dorecurse{5}
  {...
   \startletter
     [toname={\Firstname\ \Name},
      toaddress={\street\\\Zipcode\ \Town},
      ...]
   This, I came to the conclusion … \Mygreeting
   \stopletter
   ...}

The disadvantage is that \startlines or \starttyping can't be used anymore
inside of a letter.

The second method you can use is to drop the letter environment and set
the values for the address and name with \setupletter and store the content
with the lettercontent environment (just a names buffer). The letter itself
can now be flushed with \setups[letter:place].

\setupletter
  [toname={\Firstname\ \Name},
   toaddress={\street\\\Zipcode\ \Town},
   ...]

\startlettercontent
This, I came to the conclusion … \Mygreeting
\stoplettercontent

\dorecurse{5}{...\setups[letter:place]...}

Wolfgang

* Re: Recursive printing letters using Letters module...
@ 2010-08-29  9:59     ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-08-29  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, Wolfgang,
thanked for alternative solutions. While saying that the use of the
buffers is not possible, but even though you do not seem to really work
with my scancsv.lua library, and even very good! With the help of my
library and your letter module I can print dozens of similar letters
which differ only certain data. Thanks for your letter module - very
helps me

Jaroslav

@ 2010-09-09 12:49       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-09-09 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.08.2010 um 11:59 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:

> Hello, Wolfgang,
> thanked for alternative solutions. While saying that the use of the buffers is not possible, but even though you do not seem to really work with my scancsv.lua library, and even very good! With the help of my library and your letter module I can print dozens of similar letters which differ only certain data. Thanks for your letter module - very helps me

I hadn't used your module in my example because

1. I don't have access to the module,

2. I doesn't matter where the data comes from, you can input the data
   for a serial letter from TeX, XML, Lua or whatever else you use,
   the important thing is to know how to deal with the restriction
   of buffers (what the letter environment is).  It isn't also
   necessary to rely on the letter environment and the \setupletter
   commands because you can use all the available setups environments
   (I should document this) without problems.

Wolfgang

* Re: Recursive printing letters using Letters module...
@ 2010-09-09 23:09         ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-09-09 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanx Wolfgang,
Now everything is OK, your module t-letter works with my Lua library
very well and without any obvious limit.
I will demonstrate it at COnTeXtmeeting in Brejlov.
Jaroslav