* Fwd: Re:  problem with mpost/metafun/MKII/MKIV???
@ 2010-08-29 11:28 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-08-29 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] problem with mpost/metafun/MKII/MKIV???
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:04:28 +0000
From: Rene van Hassel <r.hassel1@chello.nl>
To: Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>

Hello Taco,

sorry, but I will tell you my resulst so far.
After installing Texlive 2009, and I put the directory of texlive
open for writing as usr, so chmod 777 /usr/local/texlive,
I followed all kind of suggestions on the page of ConTeXt-garden,
such as the generation of luatools and go so on.
I also put your suggestion in the texmf.conf file of version 2009,
and I put the paths to the new texlive version into the
.profile file.
It took very long time before the file was "compiled" completely,
much longer as before, with texlive version 2007.
But I got my "decorations" back.
I have only the idea that is worked with MKII and not with
MKIV, I have no idea if this is in the line of the development
of ConTeXt? Has MKIV to be used or MKII?
If I do as user which pdflatex and so on I get answers back
with /usr/local/texlive/2009.. , so I have the idea that texlive
2009 is used.
The following command:
texexec --version
gives:
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/scripts/context/ruby/base/system.rb:16:
warning: Insecure world writable dir
/usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/i386-linux in PATH, mode 040777
TeXExec | version 6.2.1 - 1997-2009 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

I don't like that  "insecure world writable", but oke for the moment being.
There is also used, much space of the hard-disk
in the home directory. I think that I will not try to do this at my ASUS
eee PC,
with the 16Gb SDD!  The operating system is almost (4/3)times what is was.
(Two texlive systems.) I not really trust it, but oke for this moment,

greetings,

Rene'

* Re: Fwd: Re: problem with mpost/metafun/MKII/MKIV???
@ 2010-08-29 11:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-08-29 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I don't like that "insecure world writable", but oke for the moment being.

this is some harmless but annoying ruby message that I've learned to ignore

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE