* relative references
@ 2011-08-11 15:55 Ian Lawrence
From: Ian Lawrence @ 2011-08-11 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anyone else had an issue with these?

Work done on one system, transferred to another, and apparently the relate references all fail.

Both unix - based machines…

The offending machine (where the refs seem not to work) is OSX Lion….

Some samples:

This works:
/Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/Fo01_PN-Testbed/Fo_01_PN_graphics/train_full.pdf

This does not
./Fo_01_PN_graphics/train_full.pdf

Even when I am working inside /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/Fo01_PN-Testbed/

And I think it should. It's making me quite cross….

But if I am being unremittingly stupid, and someone can enlighten me, then payment in the usual currency follows…

* Re: relative references
@ 2011-08-11 16:05 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-11 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 11.08.2011 um 17:55 schrieb Ian Lawrence:

> Anyone else had an issue with these?
>
> Work done on one system, transferred to another, and apparently the relate references all fail.
>
> Both unix - based machines…
>
> The offending machine (where the refs seem not to work) is OSX Lion….
>
> Some samples:
>
> This works:
> /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/Fo01_PN-Testbed/Fo_01_PN_graphics/train_full.pdf
>
> This does not
> ./Fo_01_PN_graphics/train_full.pdf
>
> Even when I am working inside /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/Fo01_PN-Testbed/
>
> And I think it should. It's making me quite cross….

Where is your TeX file in this path and how do you refer to the graphic?

> But if I am being unremittingly stupid, and someone can enlighten me, then payment in the usual currency follows…

The usual payment is a bottle of beer at a TeX conference ;)

Wolfgang

* Re: relative references
@ 2011-08-11 16:11 ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2011-08-11 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 18:55, Ian Lawrence <physics.rooted@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone else had an issue with these?
>
> Work done on one system, transferred to another, and apparently the relate references all fail.
>
> Both unix - based machines…
>
> The offending machine (where the refs seem not to work) is OSX Lion….

I can just say that I did something similar yesterday on my 64-bit
Windows 7 laptop and everything seemed to work fine. Or at least my
pdf and jpg images popped up where they were supposed to, I think I
would have noticed if there was a consistent failure.

And *all* my paths are relative because the whole document structure
is version controlled (SVN) and thus has to work "stand-alone" in any
directory (or computer or OS) where we decide to check it out for
editing.

 I'm running MkIV, the version is whatever was the latest stable in
early June, when I installed it. Unfortunately I can't check the
specifics until next Tuesday when I'm at that computer, so sorry for
being a bit vague!

This so-called advice is free. :-D

Mari

* Re: relative references
@ 2011-08-11 17:46   ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2011-08-11 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 07:11:22PM +0300, Mari Voipio wrote:

> This so-called advice is free. :-D

Mari,

Do you mean that you will not be coming to Bassenge (and offering Wolfgang a bottle of beer)?

Alan

* Re: relative references
@ 2011-08-12  5:52     ` Ian Lawrence
From: Ian Lawrence @ 2011-08-12  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

So here is the simplest example I could manage…

There are three folders

trial.. Containing the file that is called relabs.tex

trial/graphics/.. Containing pic.pdf

trial/tex… Containing pickedup.tex

Here is the contents of relabs.tex

\starttext
with absolute reference to another tex file

\input /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/tex/pickedup.tex

with absolute reference to another graphics file

\externalfigure [/Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/graphics/pic.pdf]

\page

with relative reference to another tex file

\input ./tex/pickedup.tex

with relative reference to another graphics file

\setupexternalfigures[directory={./graphics}]

\externalfigure [pic.pdf]

\stoptext

Those on the first page work - absolute references. Those on the second do not - relative references.

Beer for getting me out of this puzzle, even if I am not at Bassenge.

On 11 Aug 2011, at 18:46, Alan Braslau wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 06:05:30PM +0200, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>> The usual payment is a bottle of beer at a TeX conference ;)
>>

> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 07:11:22PM +0300, Mari Voipio wrote:
>>
>> This so-called advice is free. :-D
>>

> Mari,
>
> Do you mean that you will not be coming to Bassenge (and offering Wolfgang a bottle of beer)?
>
> Alan

* Re: relative references
@ 2011-08-12  7:25       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-12  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.08.2011 um 07:52 schrieb Ian Lawrence:

> So here is the simplest example I could manage…
>
> […]

I show you how it’s done without problems on a simple example.

All your files are in directory with the two subfolders “tex” for for subparts
of your document and “graphic” for figures.

  relabs.tex
  relabs-environment.tex
  tex/pickedup.tex
  graphics/pic.pdf

The content (i attached all files) of the tex-files is:

<file name="relabs.tex">
\startproduct relabs

\environment relabs-environment

\section{Graphic}

\placefigure[force]
  {A Graphic}
  {\externalfigure[pic]}

\section{File}

\component pickedup

\stopproduct
</file>

<file name="relabs-environment.tex">
\startenvironment relabs-environment

\doifmodeelse{*product}
  {\setupexternalfigures[directory={graphics}]}
  {\setupexternalfigures[directory={../graphics}]}

\usepath[tex]

\stopenvironment
</file>

<file name="pickedup.tex">
\startcomponent pickedup

\environment relabs-environment

\subsection{Text}

\input knuth

\subsection{Graphic}

\placefigure[force]
  {Another graphic}
  {\externalfigure[pic]}

\stopcomponent
</file>

I used product and component because you can now set different figure
paths for both files. When you process the product context should search
in the “graphic” folder which is in the same folder but when you process
the component context should first go into the parent folder and then
look in “graphics”.

For the inclusion of files you can specify with “\usepath” where context
should look and all you need as argument for \component is the name of
the file.

Wolfgang

[-- Attachment #2: test.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 7737 bytes --]

* Re: relative references
@ 2011-08-12 10:45         ` Ian Lawrence
                             ` (2 more replies)
From: Ian Lawrence @ 2011-08-12 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

That was very kind of you, and I'd like to buy you a beer, even though your example seemed to be much more complex than mine.

I assume your example ought to run 'out of the box' by just issuing the commend 'context relabs'.

So I did, and what I got for my trouble was the following pdf (OK, so there was more white space, but this was all the content).

[-- Attachment #2: Wolfgang.pdf --]

There's not much to guide me in the log file ( the only not found was : files           > readfile > asked name: 'loc', not found), but context (ConTeXt  ver: 2011.08.04 00:42 MKIV  fmt: 2011.8.12  int: english/english) seems not to have found the component text, or the graphic….

So far I have lost days to this…and I'm afraid I'm none the wiser now.

But I do appreciate the effort. Thanks.

On 12 Aug 2011, at 08:25, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 12.08.2011 um 07:52 schrieb Ian Lawrence:
>
>> So here is the simplest example I could manage…
>>
>> […]
>
> I show you how it’s done without problems on a simple example.
>
> All your files are in directory with the two subfolders “tex” for for subparts
> of your document and “graphic” for figures.
>
>  relabs.tex
>  relabs-environment.tex
>  tex/pickedup.tex
>  graphics/pic.pdf
>

> The content (i attached all files) of the tex-files is:
>
> <file name="relabs.tex">
> \startproduct relabs
>
> \environment relabs-environment
>
> \section{Graphic}
>
> \placefigure[force]
>  {A Graphic}
>  {\externalfigure[pic]}
>
> \section{File}
>
> \component pickedup
>
> \stopproduct
> </file>
>
> <file name="relabs-environment.tex">
> \startenvironment relabs-environment
>
> \doifmodeelse{*product}
>  {\setupexternalfigures[directory={graphics}]}
>  {\setupexternalfigures[directory={../graphics}]}
>
> \usepath[tex]
>
> \stopenvironment
> </file>
>
> <file name="pickedup.tex">
> \startcomponent pickedup
>
> \environment relabs-environment
>
> \subsection{Text}
>
> \input knuth
>
> \subsection{Graphic}
>
> \placefigure[force]
>  {Another graphic}
>  {\externalfigure[pic]}
>
> \stopcomponent
> </file>
>

> I used product and component because you can now set different figure
> paths for both files. When you process the product context should search
> in the “graphic” folder which is in the same folder but when you process
> the component context should first go into the parent folder and then
> look in “graphics”.
>

> For the inclusion of files you can specify with “\usepath” where context
> should look and all you need as argument for \component is the name of
> the file.
>
> Wolfgang
> <test.zip>___________________________________________________________________________________

> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: relative references
@ 2011-08-12 14:44   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-08-12 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11-8-2011 6:05, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> The usual payment is a bottle of beer at a TeX conference ;)

we should introduce a counter for that (you probably can drown in beer
by now)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: relative references
@ 2011-08-12 16:50           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-08-12 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12-8-2011 12:45, Ian Lawrence wrote:
> That was very kind of you, and I'd like to buy you a beer, even though your example seemed to be much more complex than mine.
>
> I assume your example ought to run 'out of the box' by just issuing the commend 'context relabs'.
>
> So I did, and what I got for my trouble was the following pdf (OK, so there was more white space, but this was all the content).
>

> There's not much to guide me in the log file ( the only not found was : files>  readfile>  asked name: 'loc', not found), but context (ConTeXt  ver: 2011.08.04 00:42 MKIV  fmt: 2011.8.12  int: english/english) seems not to have found the component text, or the graphic….
>
> So far I have lost days to this…and I'm afraid I'm none the wiser now.
>
> But I do appreciate the effort. Thanks.

maybe running with

\enabletrackers[graphics.locating]

at the top of the file gives some info

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: relative references
@ 2011-08-12 18:02           ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-12 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 12.08.2011 um 12:45 schrieb Ian Lawrence:

> That was very kind of you, and I'd like to buy you a beer, even though your example seemed to be much more complex than mine.

Can you make a real minimal example of your method and provide as zip.

The advantage of the extra code in my example is that you set the paths for the figures and files in the environment and you don’t have to care where your files are when you refer to them in the document.

> I assume your example ought to run 'out of the box' by just issuing the commend 'context relays'.

Yes, this was the purpose of the zip.

> So I did, and what I got for my trouble was the following pdf (OK, so there was more white space, but this was all the content).

Try what happens on your other machine or send a minimal version of your own document.

Wolfgang

* Re: relative references
@ 2011-08-13 21:16             ` Email Lists
From: Email Lists @ 2011-08-13 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Apparently it worked on another machine, so there is something grim about mine at the moment....

I'm on holiday for a week now, about 200 km from the offending / offensive computer, so there will be a pause.

Kind regards

Ian

On 12 Aug 2011, at 19:02, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 12.08.2011 um 12:45 schrieb Ian Lawrence:
>
>> That was very kind of you, and I'd like to buy you a beer, even though your example seemed to be much more complex than mine.
>
> Can you make a real minimal example of your method and provide as zip.
>
> The advantage of the extra code in my example is that you set the paths for the figures and files in the environment and you don’t have to care where your files are when you refer to them in the document.
>
>> I assume your example ought to run 'out of the box' by just issuing the commend 'context relays'.
>
> Yes, this was the purpose of the zip.
>
>> So I did, and what I got for my trouble was the following pdf (OK, so there was more white space, but this was all the content).
>
> Try what happens on your other machine or send a minimal version of your own document.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: relative references in OSX Lion
@ 2011-08-23 13:37           ` Ian Lawrence
From: Ian Lawrence @ 2011-08-23 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone else successfully running context on OS X Lion?

Apparently the relative references work in the terminal - that's the command line interface to unix. I can move around different folders using relative reference there. However there is a complete failure to repeat relative references within Context (absolute references work fine). Even with well structured tex files from Wolfgang or Willi…

I have razed the whole context installation and reinstalled the latest beta (ConTeXt  ver: 2011.08.23 13:04 MKIV  fmt: 2011.8.23  int: english/english).

No joy at all…so anyone else using Lion?

Thanks

Ian

@ 2011-08-23 14:49             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-08-23 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23-8-2011 15:37, Ian Lawrence wrote:

>>> \doifmodeelse{*product}
>>> {\setupexternalfigures[directory={graphics}]}
>>> {\setupexternalfigures[directory={../graphics}]}

what happen if you just say

\setupexternalfigures[directory={graphics,../graphics}]

also say

\enabletrackers[graphics.locating]

to see where is searched

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-08-23 14:55             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-08-23 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.08.2011 um 15:37 schrieb Ian Lawrence:

> Is anyone else successfully running context on OS X Lion?
>
> Apparently the relative references work in the terminal - that's the command line interface to unix. I can move around different folders using relative reference there. However there is a complete failure to repeat relative references within Context (absolute references work fine). Even with well structured tex files from Wolfgang or Willi…

I have also Lion on my machine and can’t reproduce the behavior you mentioned. I tried it with the small example i sent a while back but everywhere i get the correct output.

@ 2011-08-26 12:02               ` Ian Lawrence
From: Ian Lawrence @ 2011-08-26 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, playing out my failures in public for the greater good…?

Here is what I got:

[-- Attachment #2: ref.pdf --]

From this tex file:

___

\enabletrackers[graphics.locating]

\starttext

\setupexternalfigures[directory={graphics,../graphics}]

hello world

\externalfigure[pic.pdf]

\externalfigure[/Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/graphics/pic.pdf]

\stoptext

___

And here is the terminal report…I cannot see anything here, other than a series of not-founds. IN the second \externalfigure I have simply put in the full pathname...

Last login: Fri Aug 26 12:52:10 on ttys012
Setting "/Users/Ian/context/tex" as ConTeXt root.
context /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/ref.tex
Ian-MBP:ConTEXt_production_ws Ian$ context /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/ref.tex

mtx-context     | run 1: luatex --fmt="/Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/2448223e6631addb83df348d74153606/formats/cont-en" --lua="/Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/2448223e6631addb83df348d74153606/formats/cont-en.lui" --backend="pdf" "/Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/ref.tex" \stoptext
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.70.1-2011051908 (rev 4277)
 \write18 enabled.
(/Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/ref.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2011.08.23 13:04 MKIV  fmt: 2011.8.23  int: english/english

system          > cont-new.mkiv loaded
(/Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.mkiv
system          > beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.mkiv
)
system          > ref.top loaded
(ref.top)
fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       > language en is active
{/Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf-context/fonts/map/pdftex/context/mkiv-base.map}
fonts           > preloading latin modern fonts (second stage)
(/Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-siz.mkiv) (/Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/type-otf.mkiv)
files           > readfile > asked name: 'loc', not found
{/Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-math.map}{/Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/lm/lm-rm.map}
fonts           > virtual math > unable to resolve name mapsfromchar
fonts           > fallback modern rm 12pt is loaded
graphics        > inclusion > locations: local,global
graphics        > inclusion > path list: . .. ../.. graphics ../graphics
graphics        > inclusion > strategy: forced format pdf
graphics        > inclusion > not found: pic.pdf
graphics        > inclusion > not found: ./pic.pdf
graphics        > inclusion > not found: ../pic.pdf
graphics        > inclusion > not found: ../../pic.pdf
graphics        > inclusion > not found: graphics/pic.pdf
graphics        > inclusion > not found: ../graphics/pic.pdf
graphics        > inclusion > strategy: forced format pdf
graphics        > inclusion > found: /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/graphics/pic.pdf -> /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/graphics/pic.pdf
graphics        > inclusion > format natively supported by backend: pdf
backend         > xmp > using file '/Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/lpdf-pdx.xml'
 </Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/graphics/pic.pdf>
pages           > flushing realpage 1, userpage 1, subpage 1
 )</Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmmono8-regular.otf></Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmroman12-regular.otf>
mkiv lua stats  > used config file          - selfautoparent:texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua
mkiv lua stats  > used cache path           - /Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/2448223e6631addb83df348d74153606
mkiv lua stats  > resource resolver         - loadtime 0.008 seconds, 0 scans with scantime 0.000 seconds, 0 shared scans, 49 found files, scanned paths:
mkiv lua stats  > stored bytecode data      - 294 modules, 63 tables, 357 chunks
mkiv lua stats  > cleaned up reserved nodes - 36 nodes, 9 lists of 424
mkiv lua stats  > node memory usage         - 2 glue, 2 penalty, 9 attribute, 28 glue_spec, 3 attribute_list
mkiv lua stats  > node list callback tasks  - 6 unique task lists, 5 instances (re)created, 2397 calls
mkiv lua stats  > used backend              - pdf (backend for directly generating pdf output)
mkiv lua stats  > loaded patterns           - en::2
mkiv lua stats  > callbacks                 - 2565 direct, 3023 indirect, 5588 total
mkiv lua stats  > randomizer                - resumed with value 0.99820997845298
mkiv lua stats  > lxml preparation time     - 0.000 seconds, 0 nodes, 15 lpath calls, 0 cached calls
mkiv lua stats  > result saved in file      - ref.pdf
mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts              - 33 files: stmary10.afm lmmono12-regular.otf lmmono8-regular.otf lmmono9-regular.otf lmroman12-bold.otf lmroman12-regular.otf lmroman7-bold.otf lmroman7-regular.otf lmroman9-bold.otf lmroman9-regular.otf lmsans12-regular.otf lmsans8-regular.otf lmsans9-regular.otf eufb10.tfm eufb7.tfm eufm10.tfm eufm7.tfm msam10.tfm msam7.tfm msbm10.tfm msbm7.tfm lmex10.tfm lmmi12.tfm lmmi7.tfm lmmi9.tfm lmmib10.tfm lmmib7.tfm lmsy10.tfm lmsy7.tfm lmsy9.tfm rm-lmr12.tfm rm-lmr7.tfm rm-lmr9.tfm
mkiv lua stats  > fonts load time           - 0.238 seconds
mkiv lua stats  > graphics processing time  - 0.021 seconds including tex, 2 processed images
mkiv lua stats  > luatex banner             - this is luatex, version beta-0.70.1-2011051908 (rev 4277)
mkiv lua stats  > control sequences         - 30878 of 165536
mkiv lua stats  > current memory usage      - 43 MB (ctx: 44 MB)
mkiv lua stats  > runtime                   - 0.837 seconds, 1 processed pages, 1 shipped pages, 1.195 pages/second

system          | total runtime: 1.127

@ 2011-08-26 12:14                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-08-26 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26-8-2011 14:02, Ian Lawrence wrote:
> \externalfigure[pic.pdf]
>
> \externalfigure[/Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/graphics/pic.pdf]
> graphics>  inclusion>  locations: local,global
> graphics>  inclusion>  path list: . .. ../.. graphics ../graphics
> graphics>  inclusion>  strategy: forced format pdf
> graphics>  inclusion>  not found: pic.pdf
> graphics>  inclusion>  not found: ./pic.pdf
> graphics>  inclusion>  not found: ../pic.pdf
> graphics>  inclusion>  not found: ../../pic.pdf
> graphics>  inclusion>  not found: graphics/pic.pdf
> graphics>  inclusion>  not found: ../graphics/pic.pdf

so, where does pic.pdf reside relative to your run path?

> graphics>  inclusion>  strategy: forced format pdf
> graphics>  inclusion>  found: /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/graphics/pic.pdf ->  /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/graphics/pic.pdf
> graphics>  inclusion>  format natively supported by backend: pdf

>   )</Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmmono8-regular.otf></Users/Ian/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmroman12-regular..otf>

i remember seeing the double .. in the fontname before ... looks fishy
(unrelated to images)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-08-26 13:02                 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2011-08-26 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

You have a problem with your current directory.

On 08/26/2011 02:02 PM, Ian Lawrence wrote:

Here is the file:

> context /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/ref.tex

And here is the graphic

> graphics>  inclusion>  found: /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/trial/graphics/pic.pdf

But here are you:

> Ian-MBP:ConTEXt_production_ws Ian$

Which is probably
   /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws
right?

Then that means that the graphics path of

> graphics        > inclusion > path list: . .. ../.. graphics ../graphics

expands into:

    /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws
    /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context
    /Users/Ian
    /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/ConTEXt_production_ws/graphics
    /Users/Ian/SPT_PDF_context/graphics

none of these contain the file!

You would have needed

   \setupexternalfigures[directory={graphics,trial/graphics}]

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: relative references in OSX Lion
@ 2011-08-26 14:32                   ` Ian Lawrence
From: Ian Lawrence @ 2011-08-26 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks…now I need unravel why the self-contained tex from Wolfgang did not run…and the other piece of more substantial work is also giving grief on this machine, in spite of working on another Mac…both of these are put together by experts…

But at least I have something working, so I can begin to rebuild some confidence and understanding…

Kind regards

Ian

@ 2011-09-15  5:54               ` Ian Lawrence
From: Ian Lawrence @ 2011-09-15  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I got to the bottom of this with the aid of paper (lots) and a pencil.

My misunderstanding was this.

The home folder for context is not the folder from which the tex file is invoked. Context has one fixed home folder. You can set this by a bash profile and then completely forget that you have.

I hope this is correct and save someone else some time.

Ian