Hi, this is the first time I use tikz and maybe something is missing in my example. I tried the second graphic from page 206 of the tikz manual. Sadly I only get a opaque blue square. Example and log file attached. I get the same error for both marks: [..] (./tikz206.tuo) systems : begin file tikz206 at line 6 Package pgfkeys: Error! I do not know the key '/tikz/innercolor' and I am going to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled it. Package pgfkeys: Error! I do not know the key '/tikz/outercolor' and I am going to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled it. Package tikz: Error! You need to say \usetikzlibrary{patterns}. Package pgfkeys: Error! I do not know the key '/tikz/patterncolor' and I am going to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled it. Package pgfkeys: Error! I do not know the key '/tikz/pathfading' and I am going to ignore it. Perhaps you misspelled it. fonts : resetting map file list [..] Peter