* export
@ 2010-09-22 10:45 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-22 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

For those who were not at the ctx conference (where it was demonstrated)
.. there is a new feature. When you say:

\setupbackeds[export=yes]

You will also get a file called <jobname>.export which represents the
document in xml format. You can postprocess such an export to for
instance html. It's still somewhat experimental but also fun.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-22 11:56 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2010-09-22 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Thanks for giving the information to those unlucky people who were not at the ConTeXt conference:
Since I am interested in the feature you mention, I just tried with the latest beta you uploaded today, but the command
	\setupbackeds[export=yes]
is unknown. Maybe there is a typo in what you said: could you please give a hint?

Many thanks in advance: OK

On 22 sept. 2010, at 12:45, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For those who were not at the ctx conference (where it was demonstrated) .. there is a new feature. When you say:
>
> \setupbackeds[export=yes]
>
> You will also get a file called <jobname>.export which represents the document in xml format. You can postprocess such an export to for instance html. It's still somewhat experimental but also fun.
>
> Hans

>    tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-22 12:06   ` Yury G. Kudryashov
From: Yury G. Kudryashov @ 2010-09-22 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Otared Kavian wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks for giving the information to those unlucky people who were not at
> the ConTeXt conference: Since I am interested in the feature you mention,
> I just tried with the latest beta you uploaded today, but the command
> \setupbackeds[export=yes] is unknown. Maybe there is a typo in what you
> said: could you please give a hint?
Try \setupbackends.

> Many thanks in advance: OK

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-22 12:18     ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2010-09-22 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22 sept. 2010, at 14:06, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:

>> […]
> Try \setupbackends.

Thanks Yuri for your attention, but this suggestion doesn't work: I get

 > error on line 3 in file test-export.tex: Undefined control sequence ...
 >>  \setupbackends[export=yes]

Best regards: OK

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-22 12:22       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-22 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22-9-2010 2:18, Otared Kavian wrote:

> On 22 sept. 2010, at 14:06, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
>
>>> […]
>> Try \setupbackends.
>
> Thanks Yuri for your attention, but this suggestion doesn't work: I get
>
>   >  error on line 3 in file test-export.tex: Undefined control sequence ...
>   >>   \setupbackends[export=yes]

there is only one backend ...

\setupbackend
   [export=yes]

and this command is only available in post tex live 2010 versions (with
export only being supported with versions uploaded during and after the
conference)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-22 12:25       ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-09-22 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Otared Kavian

Minimal example (given at the workshop):

\setupbackend [export=yes]

\starttext

\startchapter [title=First chapter]

\startparagraph
	\input ward
\stopparagraph

\stopchapter

\stoptext

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 14:18:18 Otared Kavian wrote:
> On 22 sept. 2010, at 14:06, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> >> […]
> >
> > Try \setupbackends.
>
> Thanks Yuri for your attention, but this suggestion doesn't work: I get
>
>  > error on line 3 in file test-export.tex: Undefined control sequence ...
>  >
>  >>  \setupbackends[export=yes]
>
> Best regards: OK

Alan Braslau
CEA DSM-IRAMIS-SPEC
CNRS URA 2464
Orme des Merisiers
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette cedex FRANCE
tel: +33 1 69 08 73 15
fax: +33 1 69 08 87 86
mailto:alan.braslau@cea.fr

http://www-dna2009.cea.fr/

 .''`.
: :'  :
`. `'`
  `-

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-22 12:29         ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2010-09-22 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.09.2010 um 14:25 schrieb Alan BRASLAU:

> \setupbackend [export=yes]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startchapter [title=First chapter]
>
> \startparagraph
> 	\input ward
> \stopparagraph
>
> \stopchapter
>
> \stoptext

Results in "Undefined control sequence. \setupbackend" (newest beta; OS X) …

Greeting
	Andreas

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-22 12:36           ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-09-22 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Harder; +Cc: ntg-context

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 516 bytes --]

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 14:29:08 Andreas Harder wrote:
> Am 22.09.2010 um 14:25 schrieb Alan BRASLAU:
> > \setupbackend [export=yes]
> >
> > \starttext
> >
> > \startchapter [title=First chapter]
> >
> > \startparagraph
> >
> > 	\input ward
> >
> > \stopparagraph
> >
> > \stopchapter
> >
> > \stoptext
>
> Results in "Undefined control sequence. \setupbackend" (newest beta; OS X)
> …
>
> Greeting
> 	Andreas

Works here - latest beta - linux x86_64
(see attached)

Alan

[-- Attachment #2: xml.export --]
[-- Type: application/xml, Size: 1782 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: xml.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 244 bytes --]

\setupbackend [export=yes]

\starttext

\startchapter [title=First chapter]

\startparagraph
	\input ward
\stopparagraph

\stopchapter

\startchapter [title=Second chapter]

\startparagraph
	\input tufte
\stopparagraph

\stopchapter

\stoptext

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-22 21:47           ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-09-22 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2010-09-22 um 14:29 schrieb Andreas Harder:
> Am 22.09.2010 um 14:25 schrieb Alan BRASLAU:
> Results in "Undefined control sequence. \setupbackend" (newest beta;
> OS X) …

Works for me on OSX-Intel.

You didn't try texexec (MkII), did you?

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-23 13:55 ` Jelle Huisman
From: Jelle Huisman @ 2010-09-23 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22/09/10 06:45, Hans Hagen wrote:

> \setupbackeds[export=yes]
>
> You will also get a file called <jobname>.export which represents the
> document in xml format. You can postprocess such an export to for
> instance html. It's still somewhat experimental but also fun.

Hi Hans,

Thanks! this is a useful step in the direction of ctx2odt support. Are
you planning to provide (basic) (x)html export too? (I'm thinking about
this workflow: write in ctx -> make pdf/make html -> open html in
OpenOffice -> save as odt/doc.)

Jelle

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-23 14:40   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-23 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23-9-2010 3:55, Jelle Huisman wrote:
> On 22/09/10 06:45, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> \setupbackeds[export=yes]
>>
>> You will also get a file called <jobname>.export which represents the
>> document in xml format. You can postprocess such an export to for
>> instance html. It's still somewhat experimental but also fun.
>

> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks! this is a useful step in the direction of ctx2odt support. Are
> you planning to provide (basic) (x)html export too? (I'm thinking about
> this workflow: write in ctx -> make pdf/make html -> open html in
> OpenOffice -> save as odt/doc.)

As xhtml is just xml converted to other tags, I suppose that at some day
there will be additional converters. I would only come up with one in
the perspective of a project as I have no need for it.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-23 15:01     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-09-23 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 23-9-2010 3:55, Jelle Huisman wrote:
>> On 22/09/10 06:45, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>>> \setupbackeds[export=yes]
>>>
>>> You will also get a file called <jobname>.export which represents the
>>> document in xml format. You can postprocess such an export to for
>>> instance html. It's still somewhat experimental but also fun.
>>

>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> Thanks! this is a useful step in the direction of ctx2odt support. Are
>> you planning to provide (basic) (x)html export too? (I'm thinking about
>> this workflow: write in ctx -> make pdf/make html -> open html in
>> OpenOffice -> save as odt/doc.)
>
> As xhtml is just xml converted to other tags, I suppose that at some day
> there will be additional converters. I would only come up with one in the
> perspective of a project as I have no need for it.

There cannot be a universal one-to-one mapping between context generate
xml and xhtml. For example, in a book, I may want \chapter to map to <h1>
while in an article, I may want \section to map to <h1>. Nonetheless,
having a specialized xml to xhtml converter should not be too difficult
(using the verbose XSLT transformations). Targetting html5 is another
option.

On the otherhand, a ConTeXt module that can read context generated xml
will be nice... then the context xml can be the target input form for an
automated tool trying to generate context source.

Aditya

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-23 15:12       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-23 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23-9-2010 5:01, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Hans Hagen wrote:

>>> Hi Hans,
>>>
>>> Thanks! this is a useful step in the direction of ctx2odt support. Are
>>> you planning to provide (basic) (x)html export too? (I'm thinking about
>>> this workflow: write in ctx -> make pdf/make html -> open html in
>>> OpenOffice -> save as odt/doc.)
>>
>> As xhtml is just xml converted to other tags, I suppose that at some
>> day there will be additional converters. I would only come up with one
>> in the perspective of a project as I have no need for it.
>
> There cannot be a universal one-to-one mapping between context generate
> xml and xhtml. For example, in a book, I may want \chapter to map to
> <h1> while in an article, I may want \section to map to <h1>.
> Nonetheless, having a specialized xml to xhtml converter should not be
> too difficult (using the verbose XSLT transformations). Targetting html5
> is another option.

indeed

> On the otherhand, a ConTeXt module that can read context generated xml
> will be nice... then the context xml can be the target input form for an
> automated tool trying to generate context source.

it's on my list to make such a roundtrip style

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-23 15:41         ` Jelle Huisman
From: Jelle Huisman @ 2010-09-23 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23/09/10 11:12, Hans Hagen wrote:

>>> As xhtml is just xml converted to other tags, I suppose that at some
>>> day there will be additional converters. I would only come up with one
>>> in the perspective of a project as I have no need for it.
>>
>> There cannot be a universal one-to-one mapping between context generate
>> xml and xhtml. For example, in a book, I may want \chapter to map to
>> <h1> while in an article, I may want \section to map to <h1>.
>> Nonetheless, having a specialized xml to xhtml converter should not be
>> too difficult (using the verbose XSLT transformations). Targetting html5
>> is another option.
>
> indeed

Sounds like it's time to learn some xslt ;-)

Jelle

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-23 19:30         ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-09-23 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.09.2010 um 17:12 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 23-9-2010 5:01, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>>> As xhtml is just xml converted to other tags, I suppose that at some
>>> day there will be additional converters. I would only come up with one
>>> in the perspective of a project as I have no need for it.
>>
>> There cannot be a universal one-to-one mapping between context generate
>> xml and xhtml. For example, in a book, I may want \chapter to map to
>> <h1> while in an article, I may want \section to map to <h1>.
>> Nonetheless, having a specialized xml to xhtml converter should not be
>> too difficult (using the verbose XSLT transformations). Targetting html5
>> is another option.
>
> indeed
>
>> On the otherhand, a ConTeXt module that can read context generated xml
>> will be nice... then the context xml can be the target input form for an
>> automated tool trying to generate context source.
>
> it's on my list to make such a roundtrip style

=:o)

st.

* Re: export
       [not found] <mailman.269.1285249774.4222.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-09-25 15:45 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-09-25 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Patric,

Can you (or someone else in charge) can fix the link?

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setupbackeds

--
Best Regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-23 17:17     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-09-23 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Sep 23 2010, Cedric Mauclair wrote:

> There is a typo in the link: it should be "setupbackends" and not
> "setupbackeds". The command is fine though.

All right, yet another redirect:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setupbackends ;))

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: export
@ 2010-09-23 13:15   ` Cedric Mauclair
From: Cedric Mauclair @ 2010-09-23 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a typo in the link: it should be "setupbackends" and not
"setupbackeds". The command is fine though.

Regards.

-- Cédric

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 15:00, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
<yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Please tell an (really) unlucky person who didn't visited the
>>> conference (like me), what \setupbackeds[export=yes] should do at all?
>>
>> You get the contents of your (well-structured) ConTeXt document as XML
>> ouput, extension ".export", intended for tagged PDF use (e.g. PDF/A),
>> but of course usable for XML transformations.
>
> Thank you, Hraban! Wikified, please check at
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/setupbackeds
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: export
       [not found] <mailman.263.1285229118.4222.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-09-23 13:00 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-09-23 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

@ 2010-09-23  6:05   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2010-09-23  6:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.240.1285157191.4222.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-09-22 23:26 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-09-22 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Please tell an (really) unlucky person who didn't visited the conference
(like me), what \setupbackeds[export=yes] should do at all?

:)

Regards,
Vyatcheslav