* picture- and formula-references broken with current beta
@ 2010-09-22  9:50 Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2010-09-22  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

can someone confirm that picture- and formula-references are broken with the current beta. Here is a test file:

\starttext
\placefigure[auto][pic:1]{caption}{\externalfigure[dummy]}
\placeformula[for:1]
\startformula
  a+b
\stopformula

\in{picture}[pic:1]
\in{formula}[for:1]
\stoptext

Greeting
	Andreas

* Re: picture- and formula-references broken with current beta
@ 2010-09-22 10:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-22 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 22-9-2010 11:50, Andreas Harder wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can someone confirm that picture- and formula-references are broken with the current beta. Here is a test file:
>
> \starttext
> \placefigure[auto][pic:1]{caption}{\externalfigure[dummy]}
> \placeformula[for:1]
> \startformula
>    a+b
> \stopformula
>
> \in{picture}[pic:1]
> \in{formula}[for:1]
> \stoptext

New beta. Can you check again? Keep in mind that pic: and fig: are also
checked as prefix.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-09-22 11:18   ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2010-09-22 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 22.09.2010 um 12:40 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 22-9-2010 11:50, Andreas Harder wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> can someone confirm that picture- and formula-references are broken with the current beta. Here is a test file:
>>
>> \starttext
>> \placefigure[auto][pic:1]{caption}{\externalfigure[dummy]}
>> \placeformula[for:1]
>> \startformula
>>   a+b
>> \stopformula
>>
>> \in{picture}[pic:1]
>> \in{formula}[for:1]
>> \stoptext
>
> New beta. Can you check again? Keep in mind that pic: and fig: are also checked as prefix.

Thank you Hans, it works again!

@ 2010-09-24 13:30   ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-09-24 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Hans Hagen, Andreas Harder

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 12:40:35 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 22-9-2010 11:50, Andreas Harder wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > can someone confirm that picture- and formula-references are broken with
> > the current beta. Here is a test file:
> >
> > \starttext
> > \placefigure[auto][pic:1]{caption}{\externalfigure[dummy]}
> > \placeformula[for:1]
> > \startformula
> >
> >    a+b
> >
> > \stopformula
> >
> > \in{picture}[pic:1]
> > \in{formula}[for:1]
> > \stoptext
>
> New beta. Can you check again? Keep in mind that pic: and fig: are also
> checked as prefix.

I see from looking at the source code that prefixes are used
to localize references. There is also some sort of automatic
prefixing mechanism. Can someone explain this more as it is
not clear to me from documentation in the source code.

Indeed, I have for a long time used keys such as
\placefigure [here] [fig:Einstein] {caption} {\externalfigure [Einstein]}
and
\startchapter [reference=ch:Einstein,title=Einstein]
also
\placeformula [eqn:Einstein]
    \startformula E = mc^2 \stopformula
etc.
where the "prefix" is just a label uniquely identifying the tag,
thus avoiding multiple definitions.
(I also do this practice in LaTeX using \label{})
I was unaware that ConTeXt handled this explicitly.

Alan

* Re: picture- and formula-references broken with current beta
@ 2010-09-24 14:14     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-24 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan BRASLAU; +Cc: ntg-context, Andreas Harder

On 24-9-2010 3:30, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 September 2010 12:40:35 Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 22-9-2010 11:50, Andreas Harder wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> can someone confirm that picture- and formula-references are broken with
>>> the current beta. Here is a test file:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \placefigure[auto][pic:1]{caption}{\externalfigure[dummy]}
>>> \placeformula[for:1]
>>> \startformula
>>>
>>>     a+b
>>>
>>> \stopformula
>>>
>>> \in{picture}[pic:1]
>>> \in{formula}[for:1]
>>> \stoptext
>>
>> New beta. Can you check again? Keep in mind that pic: and fig: are also
>> checked as prefix.
>>

> I see from looking at the source code that prefixes are used
> to localize references. There is also some sort of automatic
> prefixing mechanism. Can someone explain this more as it is
> not clear to me from documentation in the source code.

using fig: etc is fine

there's also

\setupreferencingp[prefix=whatever]

and that will automatically prepend whatever: (so whatever:fig:...}

this is handy in large docs build from smaller pieces ... less clashes

there's also setuphead[...][referenceprefix=...] as well as some more
trickery (dates from way back, when er were making huge complex
interactive documents)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE