* metapost: unable to make mpx file error
@ 2010-09-28 14:08 Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2010-09-28 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

\startOT
	Wow! "experimental metapost version two"
	(does this mean that we get to play with precision?)
\stopOT

\startQUESTION
	The following minimal example yields an error:

\starttext
\startMPcode
	input circle ;
\stopMPcode
\stoptext

	where circle.mp contains a btex...etex sequence:

draw fullcircle scaled 1cm ;
label (btex 1 cm etex , (0,0)) ;

	The "input circle ;" will work if I comment-out or remove label ;
	The minimal example will work, of course, if the mp code is
	in my tex file.

	The error message is:

mplib           : loading 'metafun.mp' (experimental metapost version two)
! mp terminal: (circle.mp
>> circle.mp
>> circle.mpx
! Unable to make mpx file.
l.2 label (btex
                1 cm etex , (0,0));

.

system          > error on line 4 in file mp.tex: mp terminal: (circle.mp
>> circle.mp
>> circle.mpx
! Unable to make mpx file.
l.2 label (btex
                1 cm etex , (0,0));

1     \starttext
2     \startMPcode
3       input circle ;
4 >>  \stopMPcode
5     \stoptext

<inserted text> ...re.mp ; fi ; ;;;;]===], false)}

\processMPgraphic ...e ;\!!es , \MPaskedfigure )}}
                                                  \egroup \placeMPgraphic
\d...
l.4 \stopMPcode

\stopQUESTION

Alan

* Re: metapost: unable to make mpx file error
@ 2010-09-28 21:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-09-28 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 28-9-2010 4:08, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> \startOT
> 	Wow! "experimental metapost version two"
> 	(does this mean that we get to play with precision?)
> \stopOT
>
> \startQUESTION
> 	The following minimal example yields an error:
>
> \starttext
> \startMPcode
> 	input circle ;
> \stopMPcode
> \stoptext
>
> 	where circle.mp contains a btex...etex sequence:
>
> draw fullcircle scaled 1cm ;
> label (btex 1 cm etex , (0,0)) ;
>

> 	The "input circle ;" will work if I comment-out or remove label ;
> 	The minimal example will work, of course, if the mp code is
> 	in my tex file.
>
> 	The error message is:
>

> mplib           : loading 'metafun.mp' (experimental metapost version two)
> ! mp terminal: (circle.mp
>>> circle.mp
>>> circle.mpx
> ! Unable to make mpx file.
> l.2 label (btex
>                  1 cm etex , (0,0));
>
> ..
>
> system>  error on line 4 in file mp.tex: mp terminal: (circle.mp
>>> circle.mp
>>> circle.mpx
> ! Unable to make mpx file.

hm, looks like I have to intercept the inputs in order to turn the btex
... into textexts (which happens with the main file)

what I actually need for this is a reader hook (just like we have a
finder hook); I could use the finder hook to make a temporary file, but
I wonder if that makes sense so let's first check if we can get a reader
hook

(remind me in a few weeks anyway and use textext instead of btex/etex
for the moment)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Custom lua script (updating and debugging)
@ 2010-09-28 21:53   ` Stefan Müller
From: Stefan Müller @ 2010-09-28 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply Mojca! Unfortunately it is still not working. Here
is what I did. I'm afraid it has possibly more to do with pretty printers in
particular (than lua scripts in general), but actually I have no idea.

I took the file
  MyConTeXtDir/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/pret-lua.lua
and copied it to
  MyConTeXtDir/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/user/pret-pas.lua
Next I replaced every occurance of "lua" in this new file by "pas" (so this
changed the name of one function and renamed the visualizer itself). Then I
ran "context --generate".

My testfile is added below. The "end" is typeset as if pret-pas.lua wouldn't
exist. If I change "option=PAS" to "option=LUA" it works as intended ("end" is
green). What is going on here? Any help is appreciated.

\installprettytype[PAS][PAS]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setuptyping[option=color]
\definetyping[PAS][option=PAS, escape=yes, tab=4, numbering=line]

\starttext \startPAS
end
\stopPAS \stoptext

Thanks in advance,
Stefan.

PS: Additional question: Is it possible to integrate "option=color" into the
"\definetyping[PAS]"? option={PAS,color}?

* Re: Custom lua script (updating and debugging)
@ 2010-09-29 17:47     ` Stefan Müller
From: Stefan Müller @ 2010-09-29 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Sorry for replying to the wrong thread...

I just wanted to say that it works now. I justed started again from
scratch and did the same as below. No idea what caused the trouble.

Thanks again,
Stefan.