* title settings
@ 2010-10-17 11:20 Herbert Voss
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Herbert Voss @ 2010-10-17 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I understand the documentations correct, then
the first command should set _all_ titles to
slanted except the subsection. When I run
this example the titles are always upright.

\setupheads[textstyle=slanted]
\setuphead[part][placehead=yes,color=blue]
\setuphead[subsection][numberstyle=bold,textstyle=cap]

\starttext
\part{Teilebene}
\chapter{Kapitelebene}
\section{Abschnittsebene 1}
\subsection{Abschnittsebene 2}
\subsubsection{Abschnittsebene 3}
\stoptext

running TeXLive2010 with mkiv

Herbert

* Re: title settings
@ 2010-10-17 11:22 ` Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2010-10-17 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.10.2010 13:20, schrieb Herbert Voss:
> If I understand the documentations correct, then
> the first command should set _all_ titles to
> slanted except the subsection. When I run
> this example the titles are always upright.

forget it ...
Just saw, that there are different keys for
\setupheads.

sorry for the noise ...

Herbert

* Re: title settings
@ 2010-10-17 12:44 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2010-10-17 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

2010/10/17 Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss@fu-berlin.de>:
> running TeXLive2010 with mkiv
There is also minimals, which usually is an update (and most of the
time better) version of that one in TeXLive .
--
luigi

* Re: title settings
@ 2010-10-17 13:19 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-10-17 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17-10-2010 1:20, Herbert Voss wrote:
> If I understand the documentations correct, then
> the first command should set _all_ titles to
> slanted except the subsection. When I run
> this example the titles are always upright.
>

> \setupheads[textstyle=slanted]
> \setuphead[part][placehead=yes,color=blue]
> \setuphead[subsection][numberstyle=bold,textstyle=cap]
>
> \starttext
> \part{Teilebene}
> \chapter{Kapitelebene}
> \section{Abschnittsebene 1}
> \subsection{Abschnittsebene 2}
> \subsubsection{Abschnittsebene 3}
> \stoptext
>
> running TeXLive2010 with mkiv

Heads indeed inherit from parents with the root being \setupheads, but
with a few exeptions. The definition deep down is:

\unexpanded\def\definestructuresection[#1]%
  {....
   \getparameters[\??nh#1]
     [  \c!textstyle=\structureheadparameterstrict\c!style,
        \c!textcolor=\structureheadparameterstrict\c!color,
      \c!numberstyle=\structureheadparameterstrict\c!style,
      \c!numbercolor=\structureheadparameterstrict\c!color]%
   ....}

So, the explicit style and color variables have a more resticted
inheritance, that does not backtrack.

The reasons for this are a bit fuzzy and lays in the fact that we also
have style and color keys and if we would inherit this would mean that
one should nil the explicit text and number ones quite often.

So, text* and number* are bound to the current section level which means
that you can set up all (cloned) sections, subsections etc at once but
the setting does not bleed to other levels unless of course that is
somehow configured.

In practice, I often use style and color for setting both and then
textstyle and numberstyle if there is an exception. This permits things
like:

style={\switchtobodyfont[10pt]},textstyle=bold,numberstyle=slanted

In such cases the spacing is style driven which makes sense (I hope).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: title settings
@ 2010-10-17 13:23   ` Herbert Voss
From: Herbert Voss @ 2010-10-17 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 17.10.2010 14:44, schrieb luigi scarso:
> 2010/10/17 Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss@fu-berlin.de>:
>> running TeXLive2010 with mkiv
> There is also minimals, which usually is an update (and most of the
> time better) version of that one in TeXLive .

I know, but I want to use TeXLive

Herbert