* MAPS journal module oddities
@ 2010-10-23 10:18 John Haltiwanger
From: John Haltiwanger @ 2010-10-23 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

The first strange thing that I notice is that the subtitle is set in a much
more prominent style than the title. This seems backwards to me.

The second concern is that the numbers for footnotes (but not the notes
themselves, thankfully) appear outside of where they should (which is in the
Notes section, with \plcefootnotes). Adding \setupfootnotes[text] to the
template I found on the wiki ( http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules/Maps )
did not seem to have an effect.

 \usemodule[maps]

\setupfootnotes[text]

\starttext

\startArticle [

Title=<+ Title of the article +>,

SubTitle=<+ Optional subtitle +>,

Number=<+ MAP Number +>,

Period=<+ MAP Period +>,

Author=<+ Author plus contact details +>,

RunningAuthor=<+ Author name to appear in the header +>

]

% The Author parameter doesn't require any particular structure.

% Add a RunningAuthor parameter if the Author parameter is too

% elaborate or complex for use in a page header.

\startAbstract

<+ Write Article Abstract +>

\stopAbstract

\startKeywords

<+ Write Article Keywords +>

\stopKeywords

Any simple footnote adds its number twice.\note[here]

As you can see it happens again\note[there]

\footnote[here]{Right?}

\footnote[there]{ :( }

% MAPS places footnotes at the end of the article

\subject{Note}

\placefootnotes

\stopArticle

\stoptext

* Re: MAPS journal module oddities
@ 2010-10-23 10:34 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2010-10-23 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/23/2010 12:18 PM, John Haltiwanger wrote:
> The first strange thing that I notice is that the subtitle is set in a
> much more prominent style than the title. This seems backwards to me.

I did not even realise that there was a wiki page ...

Probably your problems are because the Maps module in context is
not actually the same as the version I use (it tends to lag behind
a bit). I will send you my local file by private email.

Best wishes,
Taco