* Footnotes in MkIV and MkII
@ 2010-10-28 22:17 Matija Šuklje
From: Matija Šuklje @ 2010-10-28 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hullo,

from what I can understand I'm using \footnote correctly (i.e. as on wiki),
but if I generate the document with 'context' every footnote instance is just
a direct copy of the first footnote.

If I generate it with 'texexec' though, the footnotes are generated as
expected.

Is that a MkIV bug, feature or just me being stupid?

Cheers,
Matija

--
gsm:	+386 41 849 552
www:	http://matija.suklje.name

[-- Attachment #1.2: This is a digitally signed message part. --]

* Re: Footnotes in MkIV and MkII
@ 2010-10-28 22:42 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-10-28 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29-10-2010 12:17, Matija Šuklje wrote:
> Hullo,
>
> from what I can understand I'm using \footnote correctly (i.e. as on wiki),
> but if I generate the document with 'context' every footnote instance is just
> a direct copy of the first footnote.
>
> If I generate it with 'texexec' though, the footnotes are generated as
> expected.
>
> Is that a MkIV bug, feature or just me being stupid?

sounds like a but or maybe a side effect of how you use the footnote; in
mkiv footnotes are stored differently (and can actually be accessed in
many ways) .. so a small test file is needed that shows the problem

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-10-28 22:52   ` Matija Šuklje
From: Matija Šuklje @ 2010-10-28 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 1057 bytes --]

Dne petek 29. oktobra 2010 ob 00:42:20 je Hans Hagen napisal(a):
> On 29-10-2010 12:17, Matija Šuklje wrote:
> > Hullo,
> >
> > from what I can understand I'm using \footnote correctly (i.e. as on
> > wiki), but if I generate the document with 'context' every footnote
> > instance is just a direct copy of the first footnote.
> >
> > If I generate it with 'texexec' though, the footnotes are generated as
> > expected.
> >
> > Is that a MkIV bug, feature or just me being stupid?
>
> sounds like a but or maybe a side effect of how you use the footnote; in
> mkiv footnotes are stored differently (and can actually be accessed in
> many ways) .. so a small test file is needed that shows the problem

\starttext

Something something\footnote{dark side}

Something something\footnote{complete}

\stoptext

Something as simple as that already triggers it in my case.

I'm using minimals from 2010.06.18 11:26.

Cheers,
Matija

--

@ 2010-10-29  9:24     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-10-29  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29-10-2010 12:52, Matija Šuklje wrote:
> Dne petek 29. oktobra 2010 ob 00:42:20 je Hans Hagen napisal(a):
>> On 29-10-2010 12:17, Matija Šuklje wrote:
>>> Hullo,
>>>
>>> from what I can understand I'm using \footnote correctly (i.e. as on
>>> wiki), but if I generate the document with 'context' every footnote
>>> instance is just a direct copy of the first footnote.
>>>
>>> If I generate it with 'texexec' though, the footnotes are generated as
>>> expected.
>>>
>>> Is that a MkIV bug, feature or just me being stupid?
>>
>> sounds like a but or maybe a side effect of how you use the footnote; in
>> mkiv footnotes are stored differently (and can actually be accessed in
>> many ways) .. so a small test file is needed that shows the problem
>
> \starttext
>
> Something something\footnote{dark side}
>
> Something something\footnote{complete}
>
> \stoptext
>
> Something as simple as that already triggers it in my case.
>
> I'm using minimals from 2010.06.18 11:26.

first update then

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2010-10-29 14:02       ` Matija Šuklje
From: Matija Šuklje @ 2010-10-29 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)