* Re: Simpleslides module is broken?!
       [not found] <mailman.1057.1288605804.4222.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-11-01 12:34 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-11-01 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thank you all for help!

I managed my task and can confirm that the subject is not valid --
Simpleslides module is operational! :)

--
Best Regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: Simpleslides module is broken?!
@ 2010-11-01  1:12 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-11-01  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I added the following two lines
>>
>> \usemodule[simplefonts]
>> \setmainfont[Minion Pro]
>>
>> and I got the attached output.
>
> Thank you very much, indeed!
>
> But in my output the font is smaller (I need it bigger),

Then why don't you follow the advice of the manual and set the font size
to \NormalSize?

\usemodule[simplefonts][size=\NormalSize]

> and the image still does not 'fit'.

That is because the image is 1280x1024 (aspect ratio of 1.25 or 5:4) while
the paper size has an aspect ratio of 4:3.

If you do not mind the distortion, use

\externalfigure[...][width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]

Aditya

* Re: Simpleslides module is broken?!
@ 2010-10-31 23:47 Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-10-31 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

> I added the following two lines
>
> \usemodule[simplefonts]
> \setmainfont[Minion Pro]
>
> and I got the attached output.

Thank you very much, indeed!

But in my output the font is smaller (I need it bigger), and the image
still does not 'fit'. Source and output are uploaded here (too big for
an attachment):

http://rapidshare.com/files/428217689/1.zip

--
Best Regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: Simpleslides module is broken?!
@ 2010-10-31 22:23             ` Giulio Bertellini
From: Giulio Bertellini @ 2010-10-31 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

fonts

@ 2010-10-31 22:22           ` Giulio Bertellini
From: Giulio Bertellini @ 2010-10-31 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I added the following two lines

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[Minion Pro]

and I got the attached output. It is only a  problem of fons, I am
using ConTeXt
ver: 2010.10.14 13:14 MKIV  fmt: 2010.10.25  int: english/english.

giulio

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
>
>  Older versions of the TeX Gyre fonts had cyrillic but the glyphs where
>>>
>> removed from the fonts.
>>
>> OMG!
>>
>> Wolfgang, please, tell me how to change the font in Simpleslides to any of
>> Windows ones.
>>

> As I said, read pg 27 if the simpleslides manual which explains how to
> choose your own fonts.
>
> Aditya

[-- Attachment #2: russian.pdf --]

* Re: Simpleslides module is broken?!
@ 2010-10-31 20:31         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-10-31 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2010-10-31 20:27       ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-10-31 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang Schuster, ntg-context

@ 2010-10-31 19:58     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-10-31 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 31.10.2010 um 20:43 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

>> Problems observed when compiled today (I use the latest beta with --extra option):
>>
>> * No Russian (Ukrainian) letters at all, only numbers and punctuation signs.
>
> No idea about the fonts. I do not know whether the Gothic font contains Russian letters or not. You can try to use your own typescript using fonts that work with Russian. See pg 27 of the manual.

Older versions of the TeX Gyre fonts had cyrillic but the glyphs where removed from the fonts.

Wolfgang

* Re: Simpleslides module is broken?!
@ 2010-10-31 19:43   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2010-10-31 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please, help me a.s.a.p with Simpleslides module. I have a project
> sucessfully compiled a year and a half ago, and now it is broken.
>
> Reduced script of my presentation:

Are you using MkII or MkIV?

> \usemodule[simpleslides]
> 	     [font=Gothic,
> 	     style=Swoosh]
>
> \language[ua]
> \setupalign[stretch,hanging,hz]
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
> \setuppagetransitions[random]
>
> \setupinteractionscreen
>  [option=max,delay=10]
>
> \setupcaptions[location=]
>
> \setupTitle
> [ title={\\ \bfa Кафедра \\ Авіаційних Комп'ютерно-\\ Інтегрованих
> Комплексів},
> author={Факультет \\  Аерокосмічних Систем Управління},
> date={}]
>
> %\usemodule[t][fixme]
>
> \defineoverlay
>  [simpleslides:background:title]
>  [{\externalfigure[Airbus-wing-over-sea-blue-sky-JR][factor=fit]}]
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \starttext
>
> \placeTitle
>

> \SlideTitle {Спеціальності}
> Кафедра проводить пiдготовку спеціалістів за напрямом
>
> 0502 Автоматика та управління --
>
> \bf 6.050202 автоматизація та комп'ютерно-інтегровані технології \tf
> %\bf  компьютерно-итегрированным технологическим процессам и производствам.
> \tf
>
> {
> \startitemize
>  \item
> 	автоматизоване управління комп’ютерно - інтегрованими \\ системами
> повітряних суден
>  \item
>  	автоматизоване проектування комп’ютерно - інтегрованих комплексів
>  \item
> 	технічний моніторинг комп’ютерно-інтегрованих комплексів.
> \stopitemize
> }
>
> \stoptext
>

> Problems observed when compiled today (I use the latest beta with --extra
> option):
>
> * No Russian (Ukrainian) letters at all, only numbers and punctuation signs.

No idea about the fonts. I do not know whether the Gothic font contains
Russian letters or not. You can try to use your own typescript using fonts
that work with Russian. See pg 27 of the manual.

> * The background image on the first page (the plane) is not fit to the page,
> but leaves blank stripes.

I do not have the figure, so I cannot test this. But I do get a complete
gray box saying that the figure is missing. (Tested using MkIV)

Aditya

* Simpleslides module is broken?!
       [not found] <mailman.1037.1288550193.4222.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-10-31 19:14 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-10-31 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

[...]

Don't know where to fix, please help me -- my boss expects updated
presentation tomorrow!

Regards,
Vyatcheslav