* Arrows in symbol font
@ 2010-12-28 15:13 Achim Jander
From: Achim Jander @ 2010-12-28 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,
I tried to insert an right arrow in my text via
  \definefontsynonym[Symbol][symbol.ttf]
   \definesymbol[test_ae][\getglyph{Symbol}{\char"AE}]
\starttext
  Test ae: \symbol[test_ae]\par
  \stoptext
where AE was the codepoint Windows Char Table gave me. But in the pdf
there was a Diamond-Sign, which should reside at codepoint A8. So I
tested a litte more and finally found the arrow at
\definesymbol[rarr][\getglyph{Symbol}{\char"C6}]
On the arrow-side i am happy now, but confused how that happens. I did
some analysis of the font, it includes 2 cmaps, one type 0 cmap which
declares (converted to xml for analysis):
<map code="0xae" name="arrowright"/>
  and a type 4 cmap which has
<map code="0xf0ae" name="arrowright"/>
  So I would expect one of this codes to be working (in fact, both
codepoints work eg in Word). But \char"AE gives the diamond and
\char"F0AE gives nothing at all.
Can anyone give me some enlightment?

Thanks,
Achim

* Re: Arrows in symbol font
@ 2010-12-28 17:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-12-28 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 28.12.2010 um 16:13 schrieb Achim Jander:

> Hi all,
> I tried to insert an right arrow in my text via
> \definefontsynonym[Symbol][symbol.ttf]
>  \definesymbol[test_ae][\getglyph{Symbol}{\char"AE}]

\definefontsynonym[test_ae][\getnamedglyphdirect{Symbol}{arrowright}]

Wolfgang

* Re: Arrows in symbol font
@ 2010-12-29  7:23   ` Achim Jander
From: Achim Jander @ 2010-12-29  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,
thanks a lot.
\definefontsynonym[Symbol][symbol.ttf]
\definesymbol[rarr][\getnamedglyphdirect{Symbol}{arrowright}]
works like i expected.

Greetings,
Achim