* How to get numbered cases'ed equations ?
@ 2010-12-20 15:45 Cedric Mauclair
From: Cedric Mauclair @ 2010-12-20 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi list,

How can I get a numbered equation when using cases in MkIV? The "hack"
proposed by Aditya in [1] doesn't work as it uses macros that no
longer exist (\makesesctionnumber and others). The reference doesn't
even get recorded. I precise that I don't want (well, don't need) the
sub numbering per-line, just a regular number would do.

Minimal example:

\starttext

My equation \in[eq:equation] and my other equation \in[eq:other-equation].

\placeformula[eq:equation]
\startformula
  E = mc^2
\stopformula

\placeformula[eq:equation]
\startformula
  \startcases
    \NC E = mc^2 \NC some text\NR
    \NC E = mc^2 \NC some more text\NR
  \stopcases
\stopformula

\stoptext

Thanks.

[1] http://dl.contextgarden.net/myway/mathalign.pdf

-- Cédric

* Re: How to get numbered cases'ed equations ?
@ 2010-12-21  8:19 ` Cedric Mauclair
From: Cedric Mauclair @ 2010-12-21  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 16:45, Cedric Mauclair
<cedric.mauclair@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> How can I get a numbered equation when using cases in MkIV? The "hack"
> proposed by Aditya in [1] doesn't work as it uses macros that no
> longer exist (\makesesctionnumber and others). The reference doesn't
> even get recorded. I precise that I don't want (well, don't need) the
> sub numbering per-line, just a regular number would do.
>
> Minimal example:
>
> \starttext
>
> My equation \in[eq:equation] and my other equation \in[eq:other-equation].
>
> \placeformula[eq:equation]
> \startformula
>  E = mc^2
> \stopformula
>
> \placeformula[eq:equation]
Typo \placeformula[eq:other-equation]. Still doesn't work.

@ 2011-01-03 15:00   ` Cedric Mauclair
From: Cedric Mauclair @ 2011-01-03 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maybe someone had the same problem, no ?

Best regards.

-- Cédric

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 09:19, Cedric Mauclair

@ 2011-01-04 14:19     ` Cedric Mauclair
From: Cedric Mauclair @ 2011-01-04 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 16:00, Cedric Mauclair <cedric.mauclair@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe someone had the same problem, no ?
>
> Best regards.
>
> -- Cédric
>

> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 09:19, Cedric Mauclair
> <cedric.mauclair@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 16:45, Cedric Mauclair
>> <cedric.mauclair@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> How can I get a numbered equation when using cases in MkIV? The "hack"
>>> proposed by Aditya in [1] doesn't work as it uses macros that no
>>> longer exist (\makesesctionnumber and others). The reference doesn't
>>> even get recorded. I precise that I don't want (well, don't need) the
>>> sub numbering per-line, just a regular number would do.
>>>
>>> Minimal example:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> My equation \in[eq:equation] and my other equation \in[eq:other-equation].
>>>
>>> \placeformula[eq:equation]
>>> \startformula
>>>  E = mc^2
>>> \stopformula
>>>
>>> \placeformula[eq:equation]
>> Typo \placeformula[eq:other-equation]. Still doesn't work.
>>> \startformula
>>>  \startcases
>>>    \NC E = mc^2 \NC some text\NR
>>>    \NC E = mc^2 \NC some more text\NR
>>>  \stopcases
>>> \stopformula
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>>

>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>> [1] http://dl.contextgarden.net/myway/mathalign.pdf
>>>
>>> -- Cédric

I am pretty sure there is a better way to do it, but adding
"\handleplaceformulanumbering" after "\stopcases" works.

@ 2011-01-07 22:02       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-01-07 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4-1-2011 3:19, Cedric Mauclair wrote:

> I am pretty sure there is a better way to do it, but adding
> "\handleplaceformulanumbering" after "\stopcases" works.

Maybe Aditya can check (expected) behaviour.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE