* [NTG-context] contextwiki what is going on?
@ 2024-06-16 20:00 Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
From: Hans van der Meer via ntg-context @ 2024-06-16 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans van der Meer

Today I find on my Mac the following alert when browsing wiki.contextgarden.net <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/>

	Do you want to allow downloads on “wiki.contextgarden.net”?

instead of the home page.

Since I changed nothing in my system, no preferences changes, no system update, no security settings, this behaviour deviates from the previously prompt loading of the home page.

What is happening? Is the site hacked? Or was there a change on the server?
I do not want to allow downloads just to lookup something in the garden.

yours sincerely
dr. Hans van der Meer

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: contextwiki what is going on?
@ 2024-06-16 20:08 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2024-06-16 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am 16.06.24 um 22:00 schrieb Hans van der Meer via ntg-context:
> Today I find on my Mac the following alert when browsing
> wiki.contextgarden.net <http://wiki.contextgarden.net>
>
> Do you want to allow downloads on “wiki.contextgarden.net”?
>
> instead of the home page.

I don't see any problems, the start page hasn’t been changed since April
24th.

Hraban

@ 2024-06-16 20:17 ` Hans van der Meer via ntg-context
From: Hans van der Meer via ntg-context @ 2024-06-16 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt; +Cc: Hans van der Meer

Mysterious: loading once explicitely of the full URL https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page remedied the bookmark. One of the riddles of computing, I fear.

yours sincerely
dr. Hans van der Meer

@ 2024-06-17 16:51   ` Bruce Horrocks
From: Bruce Horrocks @ 2024-06-17 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

The setting is controlled via Safari -> Preferences -> Websites -> Downloads

I'm not aware of any way to inadvertantly reset or change the setting for a site.

> On 16 Jun 2024, at 21:17, Hans van der Meer via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> Mysterious: loading once explicitely of the full URL https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page remedied the bookmark. One of the riddles of computing, I fear.
>
> yours sincerely
> dr. Hans van der Meer
>

>> On 16 Jun 2024, at 22:00, Hans van der Meer via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Today I find on my Mac the following alert when browsing wiki.contextgarden.net
>>
>> Do you want to allow downloads on “wiki.contextgarden.net”?
>>
>> instead of the home page.
>>
>> Since I changed nothing in my system, no preferences changes, no system update, no security settings, this behaviour deviates from the previously prompt loading of the home page.
>>
>> What is happening? Is the site hacked? Or was there a change on the server?
>> I do not want to allow downloads just to lookup something in the garden.
>>
>> yours sincerely
>> dr. Hans van der Meer

—
Bruce Horrocks