* \blank[reset] in MkIV
@ 2011-02-11  2:30 Ogam
       [not found] ` <4D57E951.2030703@gmail.com>
From: Ogam @ 2011-02-11  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

The command \blank[reset] works in MkII but not in MkIV. Is it a bug, or
has the keyword "reset" been changed?

* Stoppers in captions also appear in references
@ 2011-02-13 14:07 ` maggyero
       [not found] ` <4D57E951.2030703@gmail.com>
From: maggyero @ 2011-02-13 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

There is a problem with the references to figures (command \in[...])
when you put a stopper for the captions: the stopper also appears in the
references. Here is a minimal example:

\starttext

\setupcaptions[numberstopper=\quad\emdash]

\placefigure[][cow]{A cow}{\externalfigure[cow]}

This is the figure \in[cow].

\stoptext

How to avoid that?

* Controlling the space between the number and the title in heads
       [not found] ` <4D57E951.2030703@gmail.com>
@ 2011-02-13 14:26   ` maggyero
From: maggyero @ 2011-02-13 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

How to control the space between the number and the title in heads? By
default it seems there is a space of about 1 em. I want to change that
space and set a normal space instead (a word space), since I've put a
dot stopper after the numbers (\setupheads[stopper=.]). Example:

1.     Title (what I get)
1. Title     (what I want)

* Two stopper bugs (tables of contents and head titles)
@ 2011-02-13 15:30   ` maggyero
From: maggyero @ 2011-02-13 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I've noticed two bugs (I think) with stoppers:

1) Stoppers in table of contents
When you set stopper=~ in \setuplist the stopper also appears for
unnumbered heads of the table of contents (chapters, sections etc. that
are in frontmatter and backmatter).

2) Stoppers in head titles
When you set stopper=~ in \setuphead it has no effect. Apparently all
spaces (\,| |~|\ |\quad|\qquad) are ignored here, because when you set
stopper=abc it works.

Will Hans fix these two bugs in next betas?

* Re: Controlling the space between the number and the title in heads
@ 2011-02-13 17:29     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-02-13 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

maggyero@gmail.com writes:

> How to control the space between the number and the title in heads? By default
> it seems there is a space of about 1 em. I want to change that space and set a
> normal space instead (a word space), since I've put a dot stopper after the
> numbers (\setupheads[stopper=.]). Example:
>
> 1.     Title (what I get)
> 1. Title     (what I want)

% if you know how to get the width of 1 space:
\setuphead[section][stopper=., distance=WidthOf1Space]

% if you don't know, workaround:
\setuphead[section][stopper=.~\strut, distance=0pt]

\starttext
\startsection[title=test]
  bla
\stopsection
\stoptext

Related question: is there a macro, that returns the width of some
content, so that one can use "distance=\widthof{ }"?

--
           Peter

* Re: Controlling the space between the number and the title in heads
@ 2011-02-13 17:50       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-02-13 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 13.02.2011 um 18:29 schrieb Peter Münster:

> maggyero@gmail.com writes:
>
>> How to control the space between the number and the title in heads? By default
>> it seems there is a space of about 1 em. I want to change that space and set a
>> normal space instead (a word space), since I've put a dot stopper after the
>> numbers (\setupheads[stopper=.]). Example:
>>
>> 1.     Title (what I get)
>> 1. Title     (what I want)
>
> % if you know how to get the width of 1 space:
> \setuphead[section][stopper=., distance=WidthOf1Space]

distance=\spaceamount

> % if you don't know, workaround:
> \setuphead[section][stopper=.~\strut, distance=0pt]
>
> \starttext
> \startsection[title=test]
>  bla
> \stopsection
> \stoptext
>
> Related question: is there a macro, that returns the width of some
> content, so that one can use "distance=\widthof{ }"?

http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2007/024390.html

Wolfgang

* Re: Controlling the space between the number and the title in heads
@ 2011-02-13 19:41         ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2011-02-13 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> writes:

>     Related question: is there a macro, that returns the width of
>     some
>     content, so that one can use "distance=\widthof{ }"?
>
> http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2007/024390.html

Thanks! So it seems, that there is nothing like that in the core.

Little feature request: could you add something like
\widthof{}, \heightof{}, \depthof{} and \heightanddepthof{}
to the core?

--
           Peter