* Float option “top” affects page break (on following pages)
@ 2011-02-24 13:15 Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2011-02-24 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

consider the following example.

\starttext \showgrid
  Try to comment the \tex{placefigure} command, there will be 40 lines on the second page. If you uncomment it again there are 41 lines!
  \placefigure[top,nonumber]{}{\externalfigure[dummy]}
  \page
  \dorecurse{30}{line \recurselevel\par} \blank[medium,small]
  \dostepwiserecurse{31}{50}{1}{line \recurselevel\par}
\stoptext

It's really a problem if compiling a component file which ends up with another page breaking than the corresponding product file.

I hope there will be soon a fix for that … is there already one?

Regards
	Andreas

* Re:  Float option “top” affects page break (on following pages)
@ 2011-02-24 22:56 ` Andreas Harder
From: Andreas Harder @ 2011-02-24 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 24.02.2011 um 14:15 schrieb Andreas Harder:

> Hi all,
>
> consider the following example.
>
> \starttext \showgrid
>  Try to comment the \tex{placefigure} command, there will be 40 lines on the second page. If you uncomment it again there are 41 lines!
>  \placefigure[top,nonumber]{}{\externalfigure[dummy]}
>  \page
>  \dorecurse{30}{line \recurselevel\par} \blank[medium,small]
>  \dostepwiserecurse{31}{50}{1}{line \recurselevel\par}
> \stoptext
>
> It's really a problem if compiling a component file which ends up with another page breaking than the corresponding product file.
>
> I hope there will be soon a fix for that … is there already one?

I found a workaround. One can set
\setupinterlinespace[top=0]

Is this a bad idea? Are there any disadvantages? I would appreciate some explanations.

Greeting

@ 2011-02-25 13:44 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-02-25 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24-2-2011 2:15, Andreas Harder wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> consider the following example.
>
> \starttext \showgrid
>    Try to comment the \tex{placefigure} command, there will be 40 lines on the second page. If you uncomment it again there are 41 lines!
>    \placefigure[top,nonumber]{}{\externalfigure[dummy]}
>    \page
>    \dorecurse{30}{line \recurselevel\par} \blank[medium,small]
>    \dostepwiserecurse{31}{50}{1}{line \recurselevel\par}
> \stoptext
>
> It's really a problem if compiling a component file which ends up with another page breaking than the corresponding product file.
>
> I hope there will be soon a fix for that … is there already one?

Mostly a matter of border cases I guess. Btw, you show a grid but don't
turn grid snapping on. No fixes to be expected in mkii, but in mkiv the
lot will be redone at some point.

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE