* Configuration files
@ 2011-02-25 16:18 Eythan Weg
From: Eythan Weg @ 2011-02-25 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Where can I find information about the contents of following files?

context.cnf
contextcnf.lua

texmf.cnf
texmfcnf.lua

Also I used to have cont-sys.tex in ~/texmf/tex.  What is the analogous
file for mkiv?

Thank you.
Eythan

* Re: Configuration files
@ 2011-02-25 17:23 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-02-25 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25-2-2011 5:18, Eythan Weg wrote:

> Where can I find information about the contents of following files?
>
> context.cnf

not used in mkiv, standard setup for mkii

> contextcnf.lua

standard setup for mkiv

> texmf.cnf

used by mkii

> texmfcnf.lua

used by mkiv, most variables concern the minimals, some are presets for
luatex (might change), some control mkiv (in principle one can set quite
a lot of flags there, but if one does it can best be done in a local
variant in e.g. texmf-local which will be read before the main one)

> Also I used to have cont-sys.tex in ~/texmf/tex.  What is the analogous
> file for mkiv?

cont-sys.mkiv

but while in mkii one will use that for tuning some behaviour (esp
related to map files and metapost) in mkiv there is no reason or using
this file general (at least not currently) but you can put local stuff
in it; however, if you do so and report problems to the list, make sure
that the origin is not in that file

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE