* howto set maxitemdepth
@ 2011-02-27 10:01 Florian Wobbe
From: Florian Wobbe @ 2011-02-27 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

what is the preferred way to set the maximum item depth for itemization with symbols? I can decrease the default value of 6 with \setcounter. However, increasing to values higher than 6 results in an error: "Missing number, treated as zero".

Thanks,
Florian

* Re: howto set maxitemdepth
@ 2011-02-27 10:54 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-02-27 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 27.02.2011 um 11:01 schrieb Florian Wobbe:

> Hi,
>
> what is the preferred way to set the maximum item depth for itemization with symbols?

With MkII it was possible to increase the itemlevel with the “levels” key but MkIV has a fixed depth which can’t be changed.

> I can decrease the default value of 6 with \setcounter. However, increasing to values higher than 6 results in an error: "Missing number, treated as zero".

\maxitemdepth is a real counter and \setcounter won’t work here. The only thing you can do is to ask Hans to implement the “levels” key in MkIV. What you have to know is that this key is only used when you define a new list with \defineitemgroup, for a already existing group like “itemize” you can increase the depth.

Wolfgang

* Re: howto set maxitemdepth
@ 2011-02-27 11:34   ` Florian Wobbe
From: Florian Wobbe @ 2011-02-27 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Hi,
>>
>> what is the preferred way to set the maximum item depth for itemization with symbols?
>
> With MkII it was possible to increase the itemlevel with the “levels” key but MkIV has a fixed depth which can’t be changed.

Strange, I tried \defineitemgroup[myitm][levels=11] in MKII but still I get "currently no more than 6 levels in itemizations". Levels do not seem to work anymore.

>> I can decrease the default value of 6 with \setcounter. However, increasing to values higher than 6 results in an error: "Missing number, treated as zero".
>
> \maxitemdepth is a real counter and \setcounter won’t work here. The only thing you can do is to ask Hans to implement the “levels” key in MkIV. What you have to know is that this key is only used when you define a new list with \defineitemgroup, for a already existing group like “itemize” you can increase the depth.

OK. What I don't understand is why is there a hardcoded limit? The indentation of depth greater than 6 is working all right only the symbols are kept constant (\definesymbol[6]) for all depth > 6.

Florian

* Re: howto set maxitemdepth
@ 2011-02-27 13:30     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-02-27 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 27-2-2011 12:34, Florian Wobbe wrote:

> OK. What I don't understand is why is there a hardcoded limit? The indentation of depth greater than 6 is working all right only the symbols are kept constant (\definesymbol[6]) for all depth>  6.

it has to do with the fact that there can be settings set for 'each'
level so the number of levels should be known then

i'll add a levels key as well as auto level support but don't complain
when you have to redo settings after incrementing levels

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE