* quotation
@ 2007-03-06 14:15 Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2007-03-06 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I need guillemots instead of lowerleftdouble- and
upperrightdoublequotes in the German environment.
On my minimal installation (Linux) I managed to change that by
editing the cont-sys.tex file in texmf-local/tex/context/user.

At work, on a Mac with gwTeX, nothing I tried had any effect:

editing the cont-sys.tex file (in texmf.pkgs/tex/context/user)
copying cont-sys.tex to texmf.texlive/tex/context/user
editing the lang-ger.tex files (in texmf.pkgs or texmf.texlive)

Thanks for the help, Jörg

PS 1: I didn't forget texhash
PS 2: It's the first time I have to use the German environment. Are
lowerleftquotes and quotations really still used? To me they look
strange -- at least in a scientific text. And my publisher doesn't
want them either (ok, he is Swiss).

* Re: quotation
@ 2007-03-06 15:07 ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2007-03-06 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do you mean a result like this?

›Zitat‹
»Zitation«

Using gwTeX too, I would't change cont-sys.tex or lang-ger.tex.
If needed I would do it like this:

\setuplanguage[de]
[leftquote=\guilsingleright,rightquote=\guilsingleleft,
leftquotation=\rightguillemot,rightquotation=\leftguillemot]

\mainlanguage[de]

\starttext
\quote{Zitat}

\quotation{Zitation}
\stoptext

Steffen

@ 2007-03-06 15:31   ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2007-03-06 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks a lot. I'm actually using them in this direction: <<citation>>.