* setupinmargin?
@ 2011-03-15 10:54 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2011-03-15 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

The macro \setupinmargin doesn't seem to exist, although its is described in the Wiki:

Minimal example:
\starttext
\setupinmargin[location=right]
\stoptext

error log:

ConTeXt  ver: 2011.02.25 22:03 MKIV  fmt: 2011.3.13  int: english/english

! Undefined control sequence.

system          > tex > error on line 2 in file test.tex: Undefined control sequence ...

1     \starttext
2 >>  \setupinmargin[location=right]
3     \stoptext
4

l.2 \setupinmargin
                  [location=right]
?
Process aborted

* Re: setupinmargin?
@ 2011-03-15 11:08 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-03-15 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.03.2011 um 11:54 schrieb Hans van der Meer:

> The macro \setupinmargin doesn't seem to exist, although its is described in the Wiki:

Hans rewrote the margintext code and there are now \setupmargindata
and \setupmarginframe. A newer beta (not yet released) has \setupinmargin
as synonym for \setupmargindata but it’s better to use now the new command.

Wolfgang

* Re: setupinmargin?
@ 2011-03-15 12:23   ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2011-03-15 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15 mrt 2011, at 12:08, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 15.03.2011 um 11:54 schrieb Hans van der Meer:
>
>> The macro \setupinmargin doesn't seem to exist, although its is described in the Wiki:
>
> Hans rewrote the margintext code and there are now \setupmargindata
> and \setupmarginframe. A newer beta (not yet released) has \setupinmargin
> as synonym for \setupmargindata but it’s better to use now the new command.

I replaced the \setupinmargin \by setupmargindata and tested on the example in the Wiki given for \setupinmargin:

\starttext
\setupmargindata[location=left]
\starttext
This is an example of a simple margin note set in the slanted font
of the document. If used correctly, the note \inmargin{Here is a
simple margin note.} should print on the side with the command
\type {\inmargin} placed in the text. You will of course want to
adjust your margins to accommodate the type.
\stoptext

Then the margintext is always on the left. No matter if I give [location=right] or [location=flushright] or substitute left for right. What am I missing here?

Hans van der Meer

* Re: setupinmargin?
@ 2011-03-15 12:33     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-03-15 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.03.2011 um 13:23 schrieb Hans van der Meer:

> I replaced the \setupinmargin \by setupmargindata and tested on the example in the Wiki given for \setupinmargin:
>
> \starttext
> \setupmargindata[location=left]
> \starttext
> This is an example of a simple margin note set in the slanted font
> of the document. If used correctly, the note \inmargin{Here is a
> simple margin note.} should print on the side with the command
> \type {\inmargin} placed in the text. You will of course want to
> adjust your margins to accommodate the type.
> \stoptext
>
> Then the margintext is always on the left. No matter if I give [location=right] or [location=flushright] or substitute left for right. What am I missing here?

\setupmargindata[inmargin][location=...]

Wolfgang

* Re: setupinmargin?
@ 2011-03-15 15:00       ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2011-03-15 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Step by step I am making progress. Now I have the problem that the margin note is generated from inside a framedtext. As a matter of fact, all elements of the text I am producing are a series of framedtext's with nothing in between.
The problem then is, that the margin notes are withheld until something is typeset after a \stopframedtext. And that then coalesces all notes accumulated sofar.
My question therefore: can I force placing the note from within a \startframedtext-\stopframedtext pair?

Hans van der Meer

@ 2011-03-15 21:41         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-03-15 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.03.2011 um 16:00 schrieb Hans van der Meer:

> Step by step I am making progress. Now I have the problem that the margin note is generated from inside a framedtext. As a matter of fact, all elements of the text I am producing are a series of framedtext's with nothing in between.
> The problem then is, that the margin notes are withheld until something is typeset after a \stopframedtext. And that then coalesces all notes accumulated sofar.

Example!

> My question therefore: can I force placing the note from within a \startframedtext-\stopframedtext pair?

There is indeed a problem with margintexts in a box when they are used in horizontal mode.

\starttext

text\inmargin{1} text

\vbox{\inmargin{2}text}

\vbox{text\inmargin{3}}

text

text\inmargin{4} text

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: setupinmargin?
@ 2011-03-16  8:01           ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2011-03-16  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I guess there is not a solution readily at hand. Awaiting that, I will pursue for the moment an alternative route to "pseudo margin notes".

Hans van der Meer

On 15 mrt 2011, at 22:41, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 15.03.2011 um 16:00 schrieb Hans van der Meer:
>
>> Step by step I am making progress. Now I have the problem that the margin note is generated from inside a framedtext. As a matter of fact, all elements of the text I am producing are a series of framedtext's with nothing in between.
>> The problem then is, that the margin notes are withheld until something is typeset after a \stopframedtext. And that then coalesces all notes accumulated sofar.
>
> Example!
>
>> My question therefore: can I force placing the note from within a \startframedtext-\stopframedtext pair?
>

> There is indeed a problem with margintexts in a box when they are used in horizontal mode.
>
> \starttext
>
> text\inmargin{1} text
>
> \vbox{\inmargin{2}text}
>
> \vbox{text\inmargin{3}}
>
> text
>
> text\inmargin{4} text
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: setupinmargin?
@ 2011-03-16 17:00             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-03-16 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16-3-2011 9:01, Hans van der Meer wrote:
> Well, I guess there is not a solution readily at hand. Awaiting that, I will pursue for the moment an alternative route to "pseudo margin notes".

scope=local

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE