* Bibtex to bbl-file conversion
@ 2011-05-10  6:33 finkler
From: finkler @ 2011-05-10  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello there,

somehow texexec (in the latest minimal distribution) does not convert my
bibtex-file correctly into an bbl-file.

-------------------------
My bibtex file:

@BOOK{Fowler2006,
  author = {Fowler, C. M. R.},
  year = {2006},
  title = {The Solid Earth. An Introduction to Global Geophysics},
  location = {New York},
  publisher = {Cambridge University Press},
  pages = {685},
  edition = {2}
}

The resulting bbl-file:

\setuppublicationlist[samplesize={Fow06},totalnumber=1]

\startpublication[k=Fowler2006,t=book,
a={{Fowler}},y=2006,
n=1,s=Fow06]
\author[]{C.~M.~R.}[C.~M.~R.]{}{Fowler}
\pubyear{2006}
\title{The Solid Earth. An Introduction to Global Geophysics}
\pubname{Cambridge University Press}
\edition{2}
\stoppublication
----------------------------

As you can see, "pages" is omitted, and another problem is that I'd like
to have "location" converted to "city"; is this possible?
Can someone give me some hints as solve my problems, why does texexec
not recognize the "pages" variable?

regards,
finkler

* Re: Bibtex to bbl-file conversion
@ 2011-05-10  6:52 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2011-05-10  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 05/10/2011 08:33 AM, finkler wrote:

> and another problem is that I'd like
> to have "location" converted to "city"; is this possible?
> Can someone give me some hints as solve my problems, why does texexec
> not recognize the "pages" variable?

You can have 'pages' in various types of entries like 'article'
and 'inbook', but not 'book'. The 'location' field is not a standard
field at all so it is not recognized.

See

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BibTeX#Entry_Types

for a list of standard bibtex fields. The context bib module
understands a few more, but it will not accept 'just anything'.

Best wishes,
Taco