* Punctuation in bibliography
@ 2011-05-24  7:49 Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2011-05-24  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

is there a way for the bibliography style to scan back for punctuation marks before it inserts punctuation of its own? Please see

---
\startpublication
    [a={Ellen Dissanayake},
     k=DIS:wha,
     t=book,
     y=1988]
    \author{Ellen}[E.]{}{Dissanayake}
    \lang{en}
    \pubname{University of Washington Press}
    \pubyear{1988}
    \title{What is Art for?}
\stoppublication

\setuppublications
    [alternative=apa]

\starttext

\cite[DIS:wha]

\placepublications
    [criterium=all]

\stoptext
---

It would be great if I could make the full stop after the question mark disappear…

Many thanks for any help,
Oliver

* Re: Punctuation in bibliography
@ 2011-05-24 16:36 ` yoraxe
From: yoraxe @ 2011-05-24 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 24.05.2011 09:49, schrieb Oliver Buerschaper:
> Dear all,
>
> is there a way for the bibliography style to scan back for punctuation marks before it inserts punctuation of its own?

Would be nice to know. In my publication list after all titles are two
points, like:
	 That's the title. .
Realy ugly and I don't know why. Is that a known problem?

* Re: Punctuation in bibliography
@ 2011-05-24 16:48   ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2011-05-24 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Would be nice to know. In my publication list after all titles are two
> points, like:
> 	 That's the title. .
> Realy ugly and I don't know why. Is that a known problem?

Well, that you can easily avoid by not putting a full stop after the title in the database if I'm not mistaken :-) Usually you wouldn't consider the full stop a part of the title (e.g. in a newspaper), however, if your title is a question, well, then you need a question mark, right?

@ 2011-05-24 16:53     ` yoraxe
From: yoraxe @ 2011-05-24 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 24.05.2011 18:48, schrieb Oliver Buerschaper:
>> Would be nice to know. In my publication list after all titles are two
>> points, like:
>> 	 That's the title. .
>> Realy ugly and I don't know why. Is that a known problem?
>
> Well, that you can easily avoid by not putting a full stop after the title in the database if I'm not mistaken :-) Usually you wouldn't consider the full stop a part of the title (e.g. in a newspaper), however, if your title is a question, well, then you need a question mark, right?

I didn't put a full stop after the title.

* Re: Punctuation in bibliography
@ 2011-05-24 17:38       ` Oliver Buerschaper
From: Oliver Buerschaper @ 2011-05-24 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> Would be nice to know. In my publication list after all titles are two
>>> points, like:
>>> 	 That's the title. .
>>> Realy ugly and I don't know why. Is that a known problem?
>>
>> Well, that you can easily avoid by not putting a full stop after the title in the database if I'm not mistaken :-) Usually you wouldn't consider the full stop a part of the title (e.g. in a newspaper), however, if your title is a question, well, then you need a question mark, right?
>
> I didn't put a full stop after the title.

Can you provide a minimal example?

@ 2011-05-24 17:54         ` yoraxe
From: yoraxe @ 2011-05-24 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 24.05.2011 19:38, schrieb Oliver Buerschaper:

>>> Well, that you can easily avoid by not putting a full stop after the title in the database if I'm not mistaken :-) Usually you wouldn't consider the full stop a part of the title (e.g. in a newspaper), however, if your title is a question, well, then you need a question mark, right?
>>
>> I didn't put a full stop after the title.
>
> Can you provide a minimal example?

\setupbibtex[database=bib]
\setuppublications[numbering=yes] % Show reference numbers in the
generated list.
\starttext
\placepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext

with bib.bib:

@BOOKLET{ref1,
  author = {Author},
  title = {Title},
  year = {2005},
}

creates the attached pdf-file.

[-- Attachment #2: bib.pdf --]

* Re: Punctuation in bibliography
@ 2011-05-24 21:59           ` Pontus Lurcock
From: Pontus Lurcock @ 2011-05-24 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Yes, I get it too. It's because booklet expects a publisher name;
if you add a line

  publisher = {Publisher},

to the bibtex entry you can see this.

I think this can be fixed in
context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/bibl-apa.tex by changing
this function:

\setuppublicationlayout[booklet]{%
   \insertauthors{}{ }{\insertthekey{}{. }{}}%
   \insertpubyear{(}{). }{}%
   \inserttitle{\bgroup }{\egroup \insertseries{ (}{)}{}. }{}%
   \insertedition{ }{ edition.}{}%
   \insertpublisher{ }{.}{.}%
   \insertpages{}{p. }{}%
   \insertnote{ }{.}{}%
}

Alter the following line --

   \insertpublisher{ }{.}{.}%

   \insertpublisher{ }{.}{}%

-- then I think you'll need to remake the formats (see http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#Remaking_formats ).

See
http://dl.contextgarden.net/modules/bibmod-doc/doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf
section 6 for some explanation of what's going on here.

Sorry I don't have time to test any of this right now but it should point
you in the right diretion at least.

Pont