* math in antp with MKIV
@ 2011-06-07 23:52 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-06-07 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm trying to use

\usetypescript[antykwa-poltawskiego]
\setupbodyfont[antykwa-poltawskiego,10pt]

\starttext
\eTeX
\stoptext

but it fails miserably. An easy workaround is to use greek letters,
but also the whole math is somewhat broken. In MKII the font would
fall back on Latin Modern in case that there are no math glyphs, but
ConTeXt MKIV complains about

! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set.

system          > tex > error on line 6 in file a.tex: Math error:
parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set ...

What would be the remedy for that?

(Tested with TeX Live 2011.)

Mojca

* Re: math in antp with MKIV
@ 2011-06-08  0:21 ` Marco
From: Marco @ 2011-06-08  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> \usetypescript[antykwa-poltawskiego]
> \setupbodyfont[antykwa-poltawskiego,10pt]
>
> \starttext
> \eTeX
> \stoptext

Works here:

ConTeXt  ver: 2011.05.05 12:10
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.66.0-2011041313
SunOS, x86

> (Tested with TeX Live 2011.)

Tested with minimals (and I wonder why luatex is still
version 0.66, wasn't there a 0.70.??? some weeks ago?)

Marco

* Re: math in antp with MKIV
@ 2011-06-08  4:51 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-06-08  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use
>
> \usetypescript[antykwa-poltawskiego]
> \setupbodyfont[antykwa-poltawskiego,10pt]
>
> \starttext
> \eTeX
> \stoptext
>
> but it fails miserably. An easy workaround is to use greek letters,
> but also the whole math is somewhat broken. In MKII the font would
> fall back on Latin Modern in case that there are no math glyphs, but
> ConTeXt MKIV complains about
This works with a recent minimals
\usetypescript[antykwa-torunska]
\setupbodyfont[antykwa,10pt]

\starttext
\eTeX \crlf
$\mathrm{sin}\pi=0$

\stoptext

--
luigi

* Re: math in antp with MKIV
@ 2011-06-08  9:58   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-08  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8-6-2011 6:51, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Mojca Miklavec
> <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to use
>>
>> \usetypescript[antykwa-poltawskiego]
>> \setupbodyfont[antykwa-poltawskiego,10pt]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \eTeX
>> \stoptext
>>
>> but it fails miserably. An easy workaround is to use greek letters,
>> but also the whole math is somewhat broken. In MKII the font would
>> fall back on Latin Modern in case that there are no math glyphs, but
>> ConTeXt MKIV complains about
> This works with a recent minimals
> \usetypescript[antykwa-torunska]
> \setupbodyfont[antykwa,10pt]
>
> \starttext
> \eTeX \crlf
> $\mathrm{sin}\pi=0$
>
> \stoptext

Both work on my machine; maybe Mojca has an old antykwa typescript
laying around.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: math in antp with MKIV
@ 2011-06-08 10:12     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-06-08 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:58, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Both work on my machine; maybe Mojca has an old antykwa typescript laying
> around.

It works with minimals, but not with TeX Live.

What else could I look for? Taco, does it works for you?

\usetypescript[antykwa-poltawskiego]
\setupbodyfont[antykwa-poltawskiego,10pt]
\starttext
\eTeX
\stoptext

Mojca

system          > logs > lua: compiling
/Users/mojca/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-var/luatex-cache/context/210a96fef5fbab446fd11afa77acb026/fonts/data/names.tma
into /Users/mojca/Library/texlive/2011/texmf-var/luatex-cache/context/210a96fef5fbab446fd11afa77acb026/fonts/data/names.tmc
fonts           > names > accessing the data table failed
fonts           > defining > forced type otf of lmmath not found
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'lmmath' is not
found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font lmmath, loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define lmmath.otf as
\*antykwa-poltawskiego5ptmmmr33*
fonts           > defining > forced type otf of lmmath not found
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'lmmath' is not
found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font lmmath, loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define lmmath.otf as
\*antykwa-poltawskiego7ptmmmr22*
fonts           > defining > forced type otf of lmmath not found
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'lmmath' is not
found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font lmmath, loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define lmmath.otf as
\*antykwa-poltawskiego10ptmmmr11*
system          > begin file a at line 4
! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set.

system          > tex > error on line 6 in file a.tex: Math error:
parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set ...

 1     \usetypescript[antykwa-poltawskiego]
 2     \setupbodyfont[antykwa-poltawskiego,10pt]
 3
 4     \starttext
 5
 6 >>  \eTeX
 7     $a+\alpha$
 8     ε\TeX
 9     % \eTeX
10
11     \stoptext

\mathematics ...rmalstartimath #1\normalstopimath
                                                  \fi
\eTeX ->\mathematics {\varepsilon }
                                   -\TeX
l.6 \eTeX

? q

* Re: math in antp with MKIV
@ 2011-06-08 10:17       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2011-06-08 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/08/11 12:12, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:58, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> Both work on my machine; maybe Mojca has an old antykwa typescript laying
>> around.
>
> It works with minimals, but not with TeX Live.
>
> What else could I look for? Taco, does it works for you?

Oh, that. That is because lmmath is not in texlive (yet?) so the
mm typeface remains undefined.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: math in antp with MKIV
@ 2011-06-08 10:23       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-08 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8-6-2011 12:12, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:58, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> Both work on my machine; maybe Mojca has an old antykwa typescript laying
>> around.
>
> It works with minimals, but not with TeX Live.
>
> What else could I look for? Taco, does it works for you?
>
> \usetypescript[antykwa-poltawskiego]
> \setupbodyfont[antykwa-poltawskiego,10pt]
> \starttext
> \eTeX
> \stoptext

aha .. the lm math beta otf is not yet in tex live and 'modern' uses
that one (no design sizes)

  \definetypeface [...] [mm] [math]  [modern] [computer-modern]

versus:

  \definetypeface [...] [mm] [math]  [modern] [default]

so you could change the default to computer-modern to get the virtual lm's

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: math in antp with MKIV
@ 2011-06-08 10:35         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-06-08 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 12:23, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 8-6-2011 12:12, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> \usetypescript[antykwa-poltawskiego]
>> \setupbodyfont[antykwa-poltawskiego,10pt]
>> \starttext
>> \eTeX
>> \stoptext
>
> aha .. the lm math beta otf is not yet in tex live and 'modern' uses that
> one (no design sizes)
>
>  \definetypeface [...] [mm] [math]  [modern] [computer-modern]
>
> versus:
>
>  \definetypeface [...] [mm] [math]  [modern] [default]
>
> so you could change the default to computer-modern to get the virtual lm's

Does that mean that all other math will fail in TeX Live as well?

(It would be great to fix that it TL. Taco - may I ask you to do so? I
can do it, but I will probably miss a few places where the patch might
be needed.)

Mojca

* Re: math in antp with MKIV
@ 2011-06-08 11:09           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-08 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8-6-2011 12:35, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 12:23, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 8-6-2011 12:12, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>>> \usetypescript[antykwa-poltawskiego]
>>> \setupbodyfont[antykwa-poltawskiego,10pt]
>>> \starttext
>>> \eTeX
>>> \stoptext
>>
>> aha .. the lm math beta otf is not yet in tex live and 'modern' uses that
>> one (no design sizes)
>>
>>   \definetypeface [...] [mm] [math]  [modern] [computer-modern]
>>
>> versus:
>>
>>   \definetypeface [...] [mm] [math]  [modern] [default]
>>
>> so you could change the default to computer-modern to get the virtual lm's
>
> Does that mean that all other math will fail in TeX Live as well?

only when 'default' is specified (which is probably in many cases)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE