* Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-23 13:47 H. Hodges
From: H. Hodges @ 2011-06-23 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have Texlive installed on Ubuntu Linux x64. The version is listed as "2009-11."
According to http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV#Introduction, with
this version, I should be able to compile by typing

context filename.tex

at the command line, but I get the error

MTXrun | forcing cache reload
MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
MTXrun | resolvers
MTXrun | resolvers
MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-23 14:11 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-06-23 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:47 PM, H. Hodges <freelancer.hodges@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Texlive installed on Ubuntu Linux x64. The version is listed as "2009-11."
> According to http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV#Introduction, with
> this version, I should be able to compile by typing
>
> context filename.tex
>
> at the command line, but I get the error
>
> MTXrun | forcing cache reload
> MTXrun | resolvers: warning: no lua configuration files found
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | resolvers
> MTXrun | the resolver databases are not present or outdated
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
> MTXrun | resolvers: using suffix based filetype 'lua'
> MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Texlive 2009 is ok for mkii, but not for mkiv.
If you want to use mkiv, install the latest minimals. There is no
conflict with texlive
(I have texlive 2008.2009,2010 and many minimals.)
BTW, the   example on a previous email should works with mkii.

--
luigi

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-23 15:33 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-06-23 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 15:47, H. Hodges wrote:
> I have Texlive installed on Ubuntu Linux x64. The version is listed as "2009-11."
> According to http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Running_Mark_IV#Introduction, with
> this version, I should be able to compile by typing

TeX Live 2009 is the worst possible choice for ConTeXt MKIV. Apart
from being useless due to its age, it is completely broken in that
distribution.

If you want to use TeX Live, install TeX Live 2011
(http://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest.html). Else go for ConTeXt
minimals.

Mojca

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-24 11:21   ` H. Hodges
From: H. Hodges @ 2011-06-24 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:

> If you want to use TeX Live, install TeX Live 2011
> (http://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest.html). Else go for ConTeXt
> minimals.
>
> Mojca

I installed Texlive 2011 and I'm getting the same error. I tried mtxrun
--generate and I'm getting this error:

MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to '/usr/bin'
MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '/usr'
MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '.'
MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
MTXrun | resolvers: variable 'TEXOS' set to '/usr'
MTXrun | resolvers

@ 2011-06-24 11:25     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-24 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24-6-2011 1:21, H. Hodges wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec<mojca.miklavec.lists<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>

>> If you want to use TeX Live, install TeX Live 2011
>> (http://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest.html). Else go for ConTeXt
>> minimals.
>>
>> Mojca
>>

> I installed Texlive 2011 and I'm getting the same error. I tried mtxrun
> --generate and I'm getting this error:

.. what installer is used?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-24 11:40       ` H. Hodges
From: H. Hodges @ 2011-06-24 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma <at> wxs.nl> writes:

> .. what installer is used?

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I typed ./install-tl to
install texlive.

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-24 12:02         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-06-24 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> .. what installer is used?
>>
> I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I typed ./install-tl to
> install texlive.

Where did you fetch the installation files from?

Mojca

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-24 12:03           ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-06-24 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 14:02, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>> .. what installer is used?
>>>
>> I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I typed ./install-tl to
>> install texlive.
>
> Where did you fetch the installation files from?

And also: did you adjust path afterwards? What does "which context" report you?

Mojca

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-24 12:27             ` H. Hodges
From: H. Hodges @ 2011-06-24 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Where did you fetch the installation files from?
>
> And also: did you adjust path afterwards? What does "which context" report you?
>
> Mojca

I used the link you posted upthread and did rsync from the czech republic mirror.

which context: /usr/bin/context.

I'm not sure what to add to the path. So far, I've added

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-linux
MANPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/man
INFOPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/info
TEXMFCACHE=/tmp
PATH=$PATH/usr/bin/luatex
PATH=$PATH/usr/bin/context
TEXMF={/tex/texmf,/tex/texmf-local}

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-24 12:31               ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2011-06-24 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I used the link you posted upthread and did rsync from the czech republic mirror.
>
> which context: /usr/bin/context.

  That's not what you want.  You should use the location of your TeX
Live 2011 pretest installation, which you apparently know, but:

> PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-linux

  Put it at the *beginning* of your PATH variable!  Each directory in
the PATH is examined in order for executables, which means in your case
that, since /usr/bin is obviously part of the default PATH, your shell
finds /usr/bin/context and stops searching there.  Hence it executes
/usr/bin/context and does not see your new installation.

	Arthur

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-24 12:35               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-06-24 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24-6-2011 2:27, H. Hodges wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec<mojca.miklavec.lists<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>

>>> Where did you fetch the installation files from?
>>
>> And also: did you adjust path afterwards? What does "which context" report you?
>>
>> Mojca
>>

> I used the link you posted upthread and did rsync from the czech republic mirror.
>
> which context: /usr/bin/context.
>
> I'm not sure what to add to the path. So far, I've added
>
> PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-linux
> MANPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/man
> INFOPATH=/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/info
> TEXMFCACHE=/tmp
> PATH=$PATH/usr/bin/luatex
> PATH=$PATH/usr/bin/context
> TEXMF={/tex/texmf,/tex/texmf-local}

changing TEXMF for a texlive is probably asking for problems

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-24 13:07                 ` H. Hodges
From: H. Hodges @ 2011-06-24 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer <at> normalesup.org> writes:

>   Put it at the *beginning* of your PATH variable!
>
> 	Arthur

Ok, it works now.

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-24 13:11                   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2011-06-24 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 3:07 PM, H. Hodges <freelancer.hodges@gmail.com> wrote:
> Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer <at> normalesup.org> writes:
>

>>   Put it at the *beginning* of your PATH variable!
>>
>>       Arthur
>>

> Ok, it works now.
and your previous example with background ?
--
luigi

* Re: Using Mkiv
@ 2011-06-24 14:30                     ` H. Hodges
From: H. Hodges @ 2011-06-24 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

luigi scarso <luigi.scarso <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 3:07 PM, H. Hodges <freelancer.hodges <at> gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Arthur Reutenauer <arthur.reutenauer <at> normalesup.org> writes:
> >

> >>   Put it at the *beginning* of your PATH variable!
> >>
> >>       Arthur
> >>

> > Ok, it works now.
> and your previous example with background ?

Yes, that works as well. Thanks a lot.