Am 07.02.2014 um 15:45 schrieb Andreas Schneider : > 2) another macro should build an index at the end of the document. I use Lua to keep a list of all database tables referenced within the document (together with some metadata) and save it in the jobpasses struct. Now I also want to track the chapters, sections, etc where these references are, to be able to see, where a database table is used. > > To solve these two problems, I'm looking for information about the current heading. The level and the associated reference name. > If I have the level, I can keep my own list of necessary heading types (subject, subsubject, ...) and just get the one at level+1 to write the heading using lua (tex.sprint(....)). > With the reference name I can obviously solve 2), since I then can simply keep a list for each db table in the jobpasses structure. You can try the \currentstrcuture… commands but I don’t know if the are meant as user level commands. \starttext \chapter{Chapter} \starttabulate \NC Name \EQ \currentstructurename \NC\NR \NC Level \EQ \currentstructurelevel \NC\NR \stoptabulate \section{Section} \starttabulate \NC Name \EQ \currentstructurename \NC\NR \NC Level \EQ \currentstructurelevel \NC\NR \stoptabulate \stoptext Wolfgang